Senkusha stumbles into the room...

Senkusha

Good Afternoon!

I'm following up from a Facebook thread to try a place for forum based gaming, so I thought I'd give Myth Weavers a try! I've been a GM for a number of years, and have successfully a few anime based games. However, I'm looking to try other gaming systems that work well with a modern or science fiction setting. I specifically play as anime characters (I do like creating my own characters as well), but, I still prefer to stay within the anime tropes. Um, My favorite systems so far are Shadow Run (4e) and Big Eyes Small Mouth (2, 3, and [hopefully] 4e).

So, anyway, um, Hi!

Welcome! Glad to have you here, and I had no idea there was any sort of notoriety on social media!

You will find, of course, that there is always a need for GMs in any TTRPG community - if you build it, they will come! Anime Cyberpunk is a subgenre that you might not necessarily see pop up all the time (like, say, a bog-standard fantasy setting), but 1. I could definitely see that as something people would run, and 2. If you ran it, I'm 100% certain you'd get interest.

If you're looking to try other gaming systems as well, but want to stay in a modern or sci-fi setting - I have a few rules sets linked in my signature - "Cities Without Number" sounds exactly like the sort of thing you'd be interested in!

Thank you! I'm looking at the Without Number series of games you've suggested. Looks pretty interesting! I may be up to running a game eventually, but I'm looking for a punky galactic setting, I guess I haven't decided between cyberpunk and space opera. LOL. I'd like to get my feet wet as a player before attempting to Master a game though. :)

19 hours ago, Senkusha said:

Good Afternoon!

I'm following up from a Facebook thread to try a place for forum based gaming, so I thought I'd give Myth Weavers a try! I've been a GM for a number of years, and have successfully a few anime based games. However, I'm looking to try other gaming systems that work well with a modern or science fiction setting. I specifically play as anime characters (I do like creating my own characters as well), but, I still prefer to stay within the anime tropes. Um, My favorite systems so far are Shadow Run (4e) and Big Eyes Small Mouth (2, 3, and [hopefully] 4e).

So, anyway, um, Hi!

Welcome to the Weave, Senkusha! Didn't we talk on the r/pbp discord the other day a bit? Side note: good to see another BESM fan around - I thought I was one of the very very few who actually appreciated that system. I liked 3e best (4e felt like it backtracked too much to 2e's stuff for my liking).

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Myth-Weavers v6 User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki