Greetings!

Perlin

Hello, I'm Perlin!

I started playing TTRPGs 8 years ago as a player in an online 5e game that a friend was running. After that, I decided I wanted to try being a GM, and I invited some players from that group to my own campaign. Since then, I've been running different systems for a tightly-knit group that has evolved from the original one, in addition to a few short campaigns I did with randoms from /r/LFG.

I've joined this forum because I want to try playing in a PBP game. From what I've read, it seems like something that's right up my ally. Admittedly, I find it a lot more natural to read and write than it is to speak and listen.

As for more details about me, I also enjoy playing bass, tinkering with technology, gongfu tea, and consuming media.

May the dice ever be in your favor.

Welcome, and glad to have you here!

You'll find that if you're willing to bring your GM skills to a play-by-post format, you'll have no shortage of players in the asking! Additionally, I've personally found that PBP allows me to explore a lot more niche rules sets and settings that I might not be able to do with my in-person group. So, lots of opportunity here, and also feel free to join the Discord server, which will also be a quick point of contact for quick, "How do I...?" and other general community discussions.

4 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

Welcome, and glad to have you here!

You'll find that if you're willing to bring your GM skills to a play-by-post format, you'll have no shortage of players in the asking! Additionally, I've personally found that PBP allows me to explore a lot more niche rules sets and settings that I might not be able to do with my in-person group. So, lots of opportunity here, and also feel free to join the Discord server, which will also be a quick point of contact for quick, "How do I...?" and other general community discussions.

That's great to know! I'll certainly consider GMing after I've become more acquainted with the format. On paper, this format should better compliment my styles of play and GMing than live sessions, and I'm excited to explore it.