Treasure Trove & Rewards

Sellsword

Bandit encounter:

29 platinum pieces, 12 electrum pieces, 131 copper pieces

smoky quartz (low value)

black opal (high value)

fire opal (high value)

6 short swords, 6 short bows, 12 daggers, quivers with three dozen flight arrows

Experience awards (per character):

251 XP for overcoming foes and obstacles

1,553 XP story award for completion of the chapter

= 1,804 XP total (modify for XP bonus as necessary)

On 3/1/2024 at 2:20 AM, cybersavant said:

plus the tents and horses

we should use at least one of the horses to pack the tents and other gear we got from the bandits

On 3/1/2024 at 8:20 AM, cybersavant said:

plus the tents and horses

How about food and water? They must have a decent amount for a camp of 13 bandits in the middle of nowhere

Yes--I didn't catalog mundane goods in the camp, but assume they have at least a couple days worth of rations and feed, enough to feed a dozen people and horses.

DM for right now assume that we are all carrying the treasure divided up for carrying purposes only once we get back to shadow dale we ill divide up the spoils or do you want us to divide it up when we get it?

For the small stuff (coins & gems), it's fine to assume that there's a communal pool that can be split up or drawn from at any time. For the weapons and such, unless someone posts something IC or OOC and adds it to their character sheet, I'm going to assume they're left behind.

I'll give everyone a couple of days to chime in first, otherwise I'll add the weapons & ammo to Bolo's saddle bags; I can donate them to the more isolated farmers when we get back to Shadowdale

I didn't take any extra horses, but I will now take all of the weapons and ammo. Again, I don't want any part in the valuable shares from this particular encounter, so if we are making a party 'cache' of loot I'd prefer this one be kept separate to anything else we find.

• 2 weeks later...

I added experience point awards for completion of the second chapter to the first post in this thread (will keep everything important in the first post so that it's easy to find/access. Let me know if you have any questions!

Based on my math, at this point Amarandé has achieved a level advancement as a cleric. Lirion, Kord and Mandons are not far behind!

• 1 month later...

@Sellsword I'm not sure if you are open to this, but I want to nominate Amarande for a suitably large bonus XP award for solving the urns puzzle.

As far as I can see, all of the rest of us were fixed on the elements for a solution, and only Amarande thought outside the box, recognised the misleading nature of the clue we'd been given, and came up with a new solution that actually fit the mind of the one who created this place. Without him we'd have just blundered into the trap with blind obedience.

I've been around a bit, and that kind of awareness and insight is very very rare. I think it deserves to be acknowledged and rewarded. ☺️