OOC discussion

TheOldTraveller

Posted (edited)

NOTE ON PASSAGE OF TIME, SEARCHES

I am assuming a turn (ten minutes) of searching in every room.

That means Mellyn looking for secret and concealed doors, Fang sniffing about, Qwinsea poking through stuff, Muad'Dib looking for traps, Roland pausing to concentrate on the detection of evil forces/powerful creatures, etc.

One character can check a 10x 10 area in a turn, and the group working as a team can efficiently cover larger rooms.

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)

1 (walked through by Vestas and Qwinsea and Marle'tok, also Mellyn, but not closely searched)

2, 3, 4 = all searched

Vestas has suggested going to Room 7.

I will keep things rolling by assuming that room is next...

I have posted basic descriptions of all the southern rooms, as the doors are unlocked. You can look in, and then search and clear rooms one by one, as you like.

I have also rolled search rolls and other stuff as needed.

The current action is in ROOM 8, across the hall as Vestas suggested searching it next.

A creature hidden in a chimney tried attacking Muad'dib but it missed after failing to gain surprise, and the thief whacked off one of its legs with his scimitar.

The initiative roll was a tie, but given the situation, I resolved the stuff with the thief and the critter first. The rest of the PCs may act this round, if they so wish, with the monster still in sight/range.

If the Chimney-Lurker is defeated, I will drop from combat time back to narrative mode/turns for exploration.

Posted (edited)

I threw up a quick sketch of PART of the upper floor, and a diagram of the attic.

To be clear:

1st floor- you can in here and have explored most, but not all, the rooms.

second floor- some PCs have gone up and just begun to explore

attic- Mellyn got a boost and is taking a peek (following the player's suggestion)

And there were stairs down that presumably go into a cellar. No one has checked this.

The module uses "ground floor" for the first level and "first floor" for the level above that because it is a TSR UK product.

I am using standard North American terms.

:)

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)