Playing With The Elements

spacer.pngTurmold raise an eyebrow "wouldnt that be robbery?" he ask to Raygar, Turmold doesnt know whats a Djinn but Lady Amina said this guy has a market stall "he may be quirky... but if he is honest then we have no right to seize the talisman"

The mention of a maze and a secret draw his curiosity, he look at their employer with all his attention

KormakrOsmundarson-Token.png.0f274917ae2be68d246f19b7bb5af78a.png~ Kormakr Osmundarsson, Dwarven Wizard ~

Kormakr runs his fingers through his scraggly beard. Content with the others' questions so far, Kormakr pulls out a pipe from his pocket and mildly presents it in front of Lady Amina. "You wouldn't mind, would you?"

OOC: None

Stats

Character: Sheet, Thread

HP: 34/34

Hands: Empty

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5
Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 19
Flat: 17
Touch: 12

CMD: 17
FCMD: 15
+4 against bullrush/trip

Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +4
+5 against poison
+5 against spells
+5 against SLAs

"Kormakr, my apologies," says Lady Amina after looking at the pipe. "I have no way of assisting you. Perhaps Grog may have what you need."

"As for my secret, I believe there are beings of elemental ancestry in the bazaar that hold the key to this puzzle. I ran into one such being in the bazaar, an Ifrit named Infernix. Infernix offered to give me a clue to the puzzle if I could manipulate his flame, but I only ended up burning myself. I tried to get him to tell me the clue anyway, but he refused each time."

"This clue may be something worth pursuing. I would suggest seeking Infernix before taking on the Djinn's challenge."

Quentin's Status

Quentin Fitzgerald
Male Neutral Human Investigator, Level 5, Init 11, HP 45/45, Speed 30 ft.
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16, CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 10, Will 5, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 3   
MW Cold Iron Rapier +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Light Mace +8 (1d6, 20/x2)
Sickle +8 (1d6, 20/x2)
Mithril Shirt (+4 Armor, +5 Dex, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 8
Condition None

Extracts Used 1st level - 0/4 Daily Extracts
2nd level - 0/2 Daily Extracts
Inspiration - 0/4 Daily Uses Spent
Mutagen (+2 Natural AC, +4 DEX, -2 WIS, 40 Minutes)

Quentin Fitzgerald
image.png.4f2d8d52c3aea422750ee179f733fa3b.png

Quentin scowls a moment at the suggestion of just assaulting the djinn. When the others speak up and reject the idea he shrugs and settles in to listen to their employer. At the suggestion of more discussions with genies he nods and smiles. "I am getting more and more interested. While I prefer nonviolent options, if we have to go to battle I'm ready. When do we leave? I'd like to drop by the Mystic Pearl and see if anything leaps out at me that might help us," he says before waiting to see if the others have more to add.

image.png.77e7c21671814401ad6cfa69646cbca6.pngRagyar Cleric 3/Celestial (Empyreal) Sorcerer 1
HP: 36/36, AC: 17, tAC: 9, ffAC: 17, CMD: 13, Init +0, Perception +4

"A light?" Ragyar sighs and light the pipe with a spark that launches from his fingers, "With dwarven skill we shall conquer this maze, eh cousins?"

Actions

Free: 
Move: 
Standard: Cast Spark
Full Round: 

Show Spells and Abilities

~Abilities~

~Cleric Spells~

~Sorcerer Spells~

Touch of Law (Sp) 0 of 7

Acid Dart (Sp) 0 of 7

Heavenly Fire (Sp) 0 of 7

Channel Energy 2d6, 0 of 3

~Orisons~

Mending

Virtue

Create Water

Guidance

~First Level~

Protection from Chaos

Bless

Burning Disarm

Command

Magic Stone

Pearl of Power (1st)

~Second Level~

Defending Bone

Spiritual Weapon

Soften Earth and Stone

~Cantrips~

Flare

Light

Spark

~First Level~ 0 of 4

Mage Armour

True Strike

Mount (from Page of Spell Knowledge)

spacer.pngTurmold scratch his beard "manipulating fire? that's.... outside my area of expertise" but Ragyar prove to be able to handle that "absolutely" he reply to the sorcerer.

"in any case the voyage will be very long, we'll have plenty of time to talk about it" crossing 2/3 of the continent will take some time.

Melnop, wandererimage.jpeg.998e584302818c34be417c0dc05adecf.jpeg

Melnop is quite confused by all this talk of attacking the Djinn until he realizes they were referring to him. "What? Oh, gods no, I am not foolish enough to attack a Djinn. No, with all the damage the contenders have been suffering, I suspect that contest involves combat of some sort, or perhaps a trap. Most likely both. But I doubt we will be fighting the Djinn and that was certainly not my point."

Stats

Male C/N Tiefling Ranger (Divine Marksman/Beast Master), Level 5, Init 4, HP 57/57, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 21, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 3, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Resistances Energy Resistance 5 to cold, electricity, fire
Conditions None
Loot None

Attacks

• Masterwork Composite Shortbow, 9 (1d6+10, x3)
  • Bite 10 (1d6+5, x2)
  • +2 to all to hit and attack rolls if human from favored enemy (replacing vicious aim bonus of +2 with a +4)

Talon (Velociraptor Companion) Attacks

• Bite 7 (1d4+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
Edited by miteke_mw (see edit history)

KormakrOsmundarson-Token.png.0f274917ae2be68d246f19b7bb5af78a.png~ Kormakr Osmundarson, Dwarven Wizard ~

Kormakr chuckles a bit as Ragyar lights his pipe. "Oh goodness, I didn't need help. I was just asking if you minded the smoke and whatnot, that's all!"

After taking two long pulls, Kormakr focuses his attention back to the task at hand. He listens intently and doesn't add much. "I think we're all in agreement that we are highly interested and would love to set off right away. Do you have anything in the way of a formal agreement or contract that needs to be signed? Standard procedure in this business, it is."

Stats

Darkvision 60 ft.

+4 against bullrush/trip

+5 against poison
+5 against spells
+5 against SLAs

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)

Melnop rubs his chin ruefully. These paper contracts is still new to him, even having done the adventuring thing a few times already. What happened to the good old handshake? "I suppose that is a good idea."

Stats

Male C/N Tiefling Ranger (Divine Marksman/Beast Master), Level 5, Init 4, HP 57/57, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 21, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 3, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
Conditions None
Loot None

Attacks

• Bite 10 (1d6+5, x2)
  • +2 to all to hit and attack rolls if human from favored enemy (replacing vicious aim bonus of +2 with a +4)

• Bite 7 (1d4+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)

"A contract, right," says Lady Amina. She turns toward her pack and ruffles through its contents. She then takes out a cylindrical tube and pulls a sheet of parchment from within. Lady Amina writes on the parchment before turning it around towards the adventurers. "I suppose this will have to do. All I need is your signatures, and we'll be ready to leave for Mar'Qedir." The contents of the contract are fairly concise and straightforward. Lady Amina will provide patronage and services for the adventurers during the course of the contract. A reward will be provided in exchange for the Djinn's talisman, which is to be given to Lady Amina.

"It takes time to travel to Mar'Qedir. So if there is any business you need to take care of, such as procuring specialized tools or materials, I suggest you do so before we depart. However, for most things, you could always take your chances with the bazaar."

KormakrOsmundarson-Token.png.0f274917ae2be68d246f19b7bb5af78a.png~ Kormakr Osmundarson, Dwarven Wizard ~

Kormakr takes out an inkpen and is the first to sign his name. He asks of Lady Amina, "Never been to a desert before... is it as hot as they say it is? And how are we getting there... Land? Sea? Magic?"

He turns to his new and old companions. "I reckon we oughta get a change of clothes for southern weather and stock up on some extra waterskins, if ya can bear the weight that is."

OOC: I've updated my sheet with the new gear, assuming the purchases happen off-screen.

Stats

Darkvision 60 ft.

+4 against bullrush/trip

+5 against poison
+5 against spells
+5 against SLAs

Edited by FrancisJohn (see edit history)

"We will be traveling by ship to Port Hadr. From there, we will join a caravan and cross the Living Sands to Mar'Qedir. The caravans are quite skilled in navigating the Living Sands. There is plenty of shade in Mar'Qedir and the bazaar, but it will be quite hot."

The voyage to Mar'Qedir will happen offscreen.

Melnop travels light and is always ready to move on, part of the Wunderlust curse. "I'm ready to leave when you are. Just have to stop at my camp and grab my gear and my buddies. I hope you don't mind my bringing my animal companions along. How long are we travelling by land and sea, respectively?"

Even though it will be off screen, Melnop would want to know.

Stats

Conditions None
Loot None

Attacks

• Bite 10 (1d6+5, x2)

• Bite 7 (1d4+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
Edited by miteke_mw (see edit history)

image.png.77e7c21671814401ad6cfa69646cbca6.pngRagyar Cleric 3/Celestial (Empyreal) Sorcerer 1
HP: 36/36, AC: 17, tAC: 9, ffAC: 17, CMD: 13, Init +0, Perception +4

"If we're travelling we'll need to stock up on food," Ragyar has no desire to starve at sea even though he knows how large sea rations are, "We'll need preserved meat, salted fish, dried fruit, jars of pickles. I should pick up a handy haversack or a bag of holding to carry our supplies in. How long is the journey for?"

"We should carry twice what we need. What if our ship is becalmed? It's a danger at sea. We'll need beer too. As much as we can carry."

Actions

Free: 
Move: 
Standard: 
Full Round: 

Show Spells and Abilities

~Abilities~

~Cleric Spells~

~Sorcerer Spells~

Touch of Law (Sp) 0 of 7

Acid Dart (Sp) 0 of 7

Heavenly Fire (Sp) 0 of 7

Channel Energy 2d6, 0 of 3

~Orisons~

Mending

Virtue

Create Water

Guidance

~First Level~

Protection from Chaos

Bless

Burning Disarm

Command

Magic Stone

Pearl of Power (1st)

~Second Level~

Defending Bone

Spiritual Weapon

Soften Earth and Stone

~Cantrips~

Flare

Light

Spark

~First Level~ 0 of 4

Mage Armour

True Strike

Mount (from Page of Spell Knowledge)

Kormakr again chuckles at Ragyar's priorities. "Cousin, just make sure you stay in the middle of the boat or else we might capsize!"

Stats

Darkvision 60 ft.