Playing With The Elements

Quentin's Status

Quentin Fitzgerald
Male Neutral Human Investigator, Level 5, Init 11, HP 45/45, Speed 30 ft.
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16, CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 10, Will 5, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 3   
MW Cold Iron Rapier +9 (1d6+5, 18-20/x2)
Light Mace +8 (1d6, 20/x2)
Sickle +8 (1d6, 20/x2)
Mithril Shirt (+4 Armor, +5 Dex, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 10, Cha 8
Condition None

Extracts Used 1st level - 0/4 Daily Extracts
2nd level - 0/2 Daily Extracts
Inspiration - 0/4 Daily Uses Spent
Mutagen (+2 Natural AC, +4 DEX, -2 WIS, 40 Minutes)

Quentin Fitzgerald
image.png.4f2d8d52c3aea422750ee179f733fa3b.png

"Is there a fund we can use to purchase equipment - specifically consumables - to help us better prepare for this task, Lady Amina? It doesn't need to be large, but I would consider some basic elemental defenses to be necessary when dealing with genies..." asks Quentin as he signs and begins to think through his intended purchases.

OoC

I appear to have failed to purchase new gear at level 5...real life and all. Is it a problem if I get that corrected with the assumption that we have enough time to allow the Mystic Pearl to get items Quentin wants, @Brian Skies?

"It will be approximately one week by sea, weather permitting, to travel to Port Hadr. Then, it will be another two to three weeks across the Living Sands before we make it to Mar'Qedir."

"Unfortunately, I have not procured a purchase fund for the group of you. I hope you are still able to gather what you need even without it."

spacer.png"elemental defense?" he echo Quentin, but as a question.

Turmold mind go back to the previous adventure, he got torched pretty badly but Kormakr and Raygar kept him up with their healing wands, the fighter was so impressed he bought one too...not that he can use it with any reliability but the other two can.

"we have dwarven toughness and healing...plenty of both" unsubtle as his maul, but so far it worked.

image.png.77e7c21671814401ad6cfa69646cbca6.pngRagyar Cleric 3/Celestial (Empyreal) Sorcerer 1
HP: 36/36, AC: 17, tAC: 9, ffAC: 17, CMD: 13, Init +0, Perception +4

"Until we can be sure what we are facing, I see little point in buying anything beyond the basics for travel," Ragyar points out.

"As for the vessel, I am sure it is sturdy enough for a few dwarves."

Actions

Free: 
Move: 
Standard: 
Full Round: 

Show Spells and Abilities

~Abilities~

~Cleric Spells~

~Sorcerer Spells~

Touch of Law (Sp) 0 of 7

Acid Dart (Sp) 0 of 7

Heavenly Fire (Sp) 0 of 7

Channel Energy 2d6, 0 of 3

~Orisons~

Mending

Virtue

Create Water

Guidance

~First Level~

Protection from Chaos

Bless

Burning Disarm

Command

Magic Stone

Pearl of Power (1st)

~Second Level~

Defending Bone

Spiritual Weapon

Soften Earth and Stone

~Cantrips~

Flare

Light

Spark

~First Level~ 0 of 4

Mage Armour

True Strike

Mount (from Page of Spell Knowledge)

KormakrOsmundarson-Token.png.0f274917ae2be68d246f19b7bb5af78a.png~ Kormakr Osmundarson, Dwarven Wizard ~

Kormakr takes another puff and asks, "I guess that leaves one last question from me... when do we leave?"

OOC: None

Stats

Character: Sheet, Thread

HP: 34/34

Hands: Empty

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5
Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 19
Flat: 17
Touch: 12

CMD: 17
FCMD: 15
+4 against bullrush/trip

Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +4
+5 against poison
+5 against spells
+5 against SLAs

Melnop, wandererimage.jpeg.998e584302818c34be417c0dc05adecf.jpeg

"Ready. Shall I meet you at the ship since I will be fetching my friends first?"

Stats

Male C/N Tiefling Ranger (Divine Marksman/Beast Master), Level 5, Init 4, HP 57/57, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 21, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 3, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Resistances Energy Resistance 5 to cold, electricity, fire
Conditions None
Loot None

Attacks

• Masterwork Composite Shortbow, 9 (1d6+10, x3)
  • Bite 10 (1d6+5, x2)
  • +2 to all to hit and attack rolls if human from favored enemy (replacing vicious aim bonus of +2 with a +4)

Talon (Velociraptor Companion) Attacks

• Bite 7 (1d4+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)

Quentin's Status

Quentin Fitzgerald
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16, CMD 18, Fort 5, Ref 10, Will 5, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 3   
Sickle +8 (1d6, 20/x2)
Condition None

Quentin Fitzgerald

Quentin nods and steps back, content to fade into the scenery as the others continue to speak. Once he's confirmed the pier from which they will depart he excuses himself to get some last minute items and meets them about an hour before the gangplank goes up.

OoC

I will be purchasing gear this weekend in real life. In-character Quentin is good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Amina and her entourage can be found at the ship. A single double-masted ship, the crew members assure you this vessel avoids the deeper waters.

As other crewmates travel to and fro, many of them transporting large crates of cargo, Lady Amina can be seen going over checklists with one of her companions.

Once seen, Lady Amina heads over toward the gangplank to welcome you aboard. She informs the captain that you will be traveling as part of her group.

At the captain's behest, one of the crewmember's leads you downstairs to an unoccupied room. Most likely used for more esteemed travelers, Lady Amina seems to have reserved them for her adventurers.

KormakrOsmundarson-Token.png.0f274917ae2be68d246f19b7bb5af78a.png~ Kormakr Osmundarson, Dwarven Wizard ~

Kormakr looks warily upon the ship as he reluctantly boards the gangplank. "This may come as a surprise to some of ya, but dwarves aren't known to have the most swimming prowess..."

Kormakr elects to stay atop the main deck, pack worn and all, considering the below-deck chamber to be a potential underwater prison of sorts. He mumbles aloud to anyone in earshot, "Let's be off, eh? No need for this trip to take any longer than necessary."

OOC: none

Stats

Character: Sheet, Thread

HP: 34/34

Hands: Empty

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5
Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 19
Flat: 17
Touch: 12

CMD: 17
FCMD: 15
+4 against bullrush/trip

Fort: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +4
+5 against poison
+5 against spells
+5 against SLAs

Melnop, wandererimage.jpeg.998e584302818c34be417c0dc05adecf.jpeg

"Or riding," Melnop supplements. "But I'm more worried about my friends here."

Though both the raptor, currently sleeping, and the horse seem quite content to laze around on a giant rocking chair. Melnop, for his part, has his eyes glued on the land, taking it all in.

Stats

Male C/N Tiefling Ranger (Divine Marksman/Beast Master), Level 5, Init 4, HP 57/57, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 21, Fort 7, Ref 8, Will 3, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 8
Resistances Energy Resistance 5 to cold, electricity, fire
Conditions None
Loot None

Attacks

• Masterwork Composite Shortbow, 9 (1d6+10, x3)
  • Bite 10 (1d6+5, x2)
  • +2 to all to hit and attack rolls if human from favored enemy (replacing vicious aim bonus of +2 with a +4)

Talon (Velociraptor Companion) Attacks

• Bite 7 (1d4+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
  • Talon 7 (1d6+1, x2)
Edited by miteke_mw (see edit history)

image.png.77e7c21671814401ad6cfa69646cbca6.pngRagyar Cleric 3/Celestial (Empyreal) Sorcerer 1
HP: 36/36, AC: 17, tAC: 9, ffAC: 17, CMD: 13, Init +0, Perception +4

Ragyar had always enjoyed sailing though he had no skill at it, "The wind in your hair, salt in the air, what is not to love about the open sea?"

Like his cousin he enjoys the upper deck, though he leaves his armour in his pack below decks.

Actions

Free: 
Move: 
Standard: 
Full Round: 

Show Spells and Abilities

~Abilities~

~Cleric Spells~

~Sorcerer Spells~

Touch of Law (Sp) 0 of 7

Acid Dart (Sp) 0 of 7

Heavenly Fire (Sp) 0 of 7

Channel Energy 2d6, 0 of 3

~Orisons~

Mending

Virtue

Create Water

Guidance

~First Level~

Protection from Chaos

Bless

Burning Disarm

Command

Magic Stone

Pearl of Power (1st)

~Second Level~

Defending Bone

Spiritual Weapon

Soften Earth and Stone

~Cantrips~

Flare

Light

Spark

~First Level~ 0 of 4

Mage Armour

True Strike

Mount (from Page of Spell Knowledge)

spacer.png"Raygar,Kormakr, have i told you about my first job here? the bluffer beach affair?" yes he has, far too many times, a giant ant tried to ate him and since then whatever job the fighter take he end up meeting an oversized beast who try to eat him, or so he say.

He also use adventures to introduce his pearls of wisdom, usually related to strange or niche pieces of equipment

"we had to get there by boat, but before leaving i felt something, i had a bad feeling, i just knew something was going to happen to our boat and so i grabbed a rope and secured myself" he nod as he remember that day as if it was yesterday " a strong wave hit out boat, our cleric got tossed offboard, while the others managed to resist, that man..i think he was an aasimar, had to abandon part of his equipment to not drown"

"if something can go wrong, it will go wrong, prepare for it"

"This time...i dont have bad feelings...but i have a potion that let you swim like a fish, maybe its that"

Quentin's Status

Quentin Fitzgerald
Sickle +8 (1d6, 20/x2)
Condition None

Quentin Fitzgerald

Quentin boards the boat in silence, carrying his haversack and equipment to their room professionally. He notes everyone speaking but only nods politely in their directions as he walks past them. Once his equipment is secured he makes his way back to the weather decks and greets their employer with a smile and a wave.

OoC

Ready to go.