Group A Book 2 Spoken on the Song Wind, Chapter 1. The Learned One Returns.

LDDragon

Sorena Ortho - Traitor to Cheliaximage.png.73e99a978c4b7df994947632c26cbd7a.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 19 | health-normal.svg HP: 56/56 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +12 | sprint.svg Reflex: +9 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +6

account, add, follow, new, plus, profile, user Conditions:

Sorena was also hiding a part of herself, but she didn't have a choice in the matter. Her half-mask was seared onto her face, and there was not even her ferromancy was enough to remove it. She gave a cracked toothed smile at Mac's compliment, her fear of the Teacher still present but abated now that her guess had been accepted.

"We should go talk to them."

Her smile died, she wasn't good at talking to normal people, let alone Spider-people.

"I think... I think it will be easier to figure out why the Griffons came if we know why the Anadi were drawn here. To do that, we need to e-earn their trust too."

She rasped, hoping she'd earned her companion's, but worried there was still much to prove.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty
Conditions:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
IMPULSES - DC 20, +10 attack
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Base Kinesis spacer.png 30' light bulk, generate, move or suppress
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png or spacer.png 30' slashing or piercing d8, 60' fire d6
  • Flying Flame spacer.png 30' line of 2d6 fire damage. Basic Reflex
  • Weapon Infusion image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png shape blasts into a weapon, add a trait
  • Metal Carapace spacer.png raise AC to 19
  • Thermal Nimbus spacer.png stance to deal 2 fire to all within 10', allies gain fire resistance 2

image.png.7b6bd332dafe410397d3099ef34f05c3.png

Sweeth Tooth - Catfolk Thaumaturge 4

HP: 44/44 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 2/3 | Spell Slots: 1/1 

Perception: +8 Low Light Vision | Fort: +9 | Ref: +10 | Will: +9 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth scratched her ear absently and she sits up straight once the crown is shown. She investigates it with her eyes, interest sparkling in the golden globes and her teeth showing as she half smiles, half mutters to herself.

When Mac suggests Banana should hold onto the crown, Sweet Tooth nods. As much as she thought herself a queen, she had no need of the crown.

"Banana can protect and use the crown. It makes sense to me. As for your pelt, if you never wear it in the heat, how will you get used to it? I have plenty of hair to cover me, and I fair just fine! Cats enjoy the sun on their backs!"

She stood and said

"The anadis await! Sorena is correct, we will learn more from having them close than by guessing at things. Let us go find our new roommates, hmm?"

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)

Banana looks reluctant to pick up the crown. After all, it was the women who were in charge in most kholo tribes, not the men.

"Yeah, and I've got fur, too. But our coats are meant for hot lands. Mac comes from the north, where it's only this warm for a month or two. He's been telling me that they actually have four seasons there! Isn't that crazy? I have trouble imagining anything aside from rainy and dry seasons."

Hesitantly, he places the carved wooden crown on his head.

"I'm supposing it might be a good idea to talk to the anadi. I might be an arcane caster, but I've got a nose for the occult tradition, too. Maybe we can pick up on whatever is calling them here. And just because a summon was intended one way, doesn't mean it has to turn out that way. After all, I wouldn't have met Trouble if everything went perfectly to plan."

Trouble looks up from sneaking a cucumber into his rags, eyeing up Sweet Tooth with a smirk.

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fog.myth-weavers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D101183%26d%3D1629905609%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D48%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%203%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
attachment.php?attachmentid=101183&d=1629905609
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
HP:48/48 - AC: 21
Conditions:
Hero Points: 3
Spells prepared: Timber, Stabilise

Nodding at Banana's words, Mac peers at Sweet Tooth and adds "What Banana said. Sweet Tooth, do you know what snow and ice are? If not, if it gets cold enough, water becomes hard. And when it rains, the rain does not fall as little drops, but rather as... uh, snow. How to explain. Uhm... like... the drops become... fluffy? Big and white. And then they blanket the whole landscape in white. And the water doesn't flow off that way, it... uh... stacks? And yeah, in bad winters, you can have places covered in frozen water up to a person's height. Can you imagine how thick my fur needs to get for me to not freeze to death in such cold? People wear clothes... or more like, people can make clothes. Animals have to make do with their own fur. Or else..."

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth hisses slightly at Mac.

"Of course I know of Ice and Snow! Why the richest would import icebergs from the southern Antrakos Ocean. Those would allow them to have ice all around. I have heard of snow, but never seen it. Four seasons is common to the North, though I have not been that far in my own travels. I have read about it plenty."

She patted her own chest and said

"Yes, Mac, people wear clothes! Aren't you a clever boy! Come along! I am only teasing you Mac! Come on and let us meet our new friends, I will buy you some lunch."

52257768655_92d032d51b_h.jpg
Omolara

Ancestry: Human | Heritage: Half-elf | Class: Ranger | Background: Sponsored By A Stranger

Rank: Attendant | Primary branch: Rain-Scribe (lvl 4) | Secondary branch: Uzunjati (lvl 1)

HP: 56/56 | Hero Points: 2 | Application | Character sheet
Cantrips (2): root reading, stabilize | Spells (1): weaken earth
Focus Points: 2/2 | Focus Spells: animal feature, gravity weapon

Condition(s):

Omalara had seen snow on mountain peaks but she found the idea of it falling from the sky strange. Fascinating as the idea was, however, her cohort was veering away from important matters. "Where are the anadi now? And, if we're going to invite them to stay, do we have enough open dorm rooms for each of them?"

checked-shield.svg AC: 19 | health-normal.svg HP: 56/56 | bicep, biceps, fitness, muscle, power, strength, strong Fortitude: +12 | sprint.svg Reflex: +9 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +8 | awareness.svg Perception: +6

It was rare that Sorena got the right answers in lectures and classes, so she soaked it in now. She beamed hearing Sweet Tooth say that she was correct, though beneath her pair of masks they couldn't see her smile. She didn't have to wear both all the time, but the one she couldn't remove was her own private shame, and so she was happy to always wear the one she loved over it. The beautiful Emperor Bird's wing was resplendent, each alloy capturing a different hue, a wonder of her own skill and knowledge with metals. She'd been teaching others how to make the metallic feathers, and if the rumors were true had been making some good coin selling them on the side.

"Let's find them and ask."

She added, rising from her seat and looking to see if she'd ruined it by speaking.

Mechanics

Conditions:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
  • Channel Elements spacer.png raise aura, can combine with 1 action stance or 1 action elemental blast
  • Elemental Blasts spacer.png or spacer.png 30' slashing or piercing d8, 60' fire d6
  • Weapon Infusion image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png shape blasts into a weapon, add a trait
  • Thermal Nimbus spacer.png stance to deal 2 fire to all within 10', allies gain fire resistance 2

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fog.myth-weavers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D101183%26d%3D1629905609%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D48%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%203%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
Conditions:

At first, Mac frowns at Sweet Tooth's reply, no need to be rude about it. But he is somewhat mollified by her offer to buy lunch it seems.

"Yeah, let's go find the Anadi guys and talk to them. If anything, we can find spare rooms or maybe some people can shack up or something. I don't mind sharing my room."

Of course, Mac might still decide to be really hungry today, now that Sweet Tooth is buying.

You know, to tease her right back.

Map

OOC finding the anadis

For the heroes to locate the anadi students, they should either ask their fellow student (and likely friend) Strands-of-Glowing-Dawn Tzeniwe or succeed at a DC 17 Diplomacy check to Gather Information about them. In either case, the heroes learn that the anadi students haven’t made many friends, as they tend to unsettle other classmates with their preference for their natural humanoid spider forms. The heroes’ anadi classmates often spend evenings in front of the Hababe Building (map included), a little-used structure that contains storerooms, lecture halls, and spare offices. There, the students discuss arcane theories well past dark.

Rainbows-Reflected-Upon-Gossamer-Strands, who is called Goss.

Droplets-Hanging-Gently Savanakin.

Barest-Threads-Billowing Maztachia.

The lecture hall is dark for the evening, but the front steps are illuminated by a lantern on a log between several soft clumps of brush. The stairs up to the lecture hall are flanked by two clay statues of stout masked figures holding swords. Although the lecture hall entrance atop the stairs is a grand double door, it’s not the building’s only visible entrance: a smaller door behind the stairs is just illuminated by the lantern’s light.

The anadis are currently deeply involved in an esoteric debate about the intricate webs of fate and causality.

OOC anadi debate

A hero can interrupt the anadi students to question them with a successful DC 19 Diplomacy or Intimidation check, or can join the debate and steer it to a conclusion with a successful DC 15 check using Arcana, Society, or another skill that seems appropriate. Waiting them out is a test of patience, as the anadi students can debate with one another for hours.

After the first successful check to interrupt or end the debate, anyone can ask any questions of the anadi.

Sorena could not believe her luck!

She had not intended to speak with the Anadi, leaving such work to others with cleverer tongues. Yet as she drew near, her eyes locked onto the small piece of Cold Iron they were passing back and forth between them as they chittered to one another in their own language. Wisps of magic passed back and forth between then, as they each tried to execute the practical magic that they were theorizing on. She didn't need to speak their language, didn't even need to recognize the spell they were attempting to work. They were trying ferromancy! She could speak the magic that they were attempting!

"You have to account for the impurities in the metal."

She interrupted their discussion, hoping they at least spoke Mwangi. She reached out with her own gauntleted hand, touching it and beginning to shape and mold it with her magic.

"You almost never get a pure alloy, unless it's conjured. Even for something like Cold Iron there are going to by flecks of other metal, stones, sand, grit. Usually too small to see. But you can feel it, and it interrupts the magic. Look."

With practiced efficiency, she slowly drew out a pinch of debris from the chuck of Cold Iron, the metal obeying her will.

"I'm... I'm Sorena, by the way. I... we... we wanted to learn from you, learn from each other I mean. Magic."

As if she had to say it.

Mechanics

Conditions:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)
Name
Arcana
1d20+7 20

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fog.myth-weavers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D101183%26d%3D1629905609%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D48%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%203%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D%0A
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
Conditions:

Finding the Anadi students was a matter of asking about their whereabouts, which Mac managed in his usual silver-tongued way "Hey, so, like, you know how our new Anadi students hang around? We kinda like to talk to them and stuff..."

Fortunately, Tzeniwe had a pretty good idea where her fellow Anadi are 'hanging around' right now, even if she gave Mac an odd look when sending the cohort to the lecture hall.

Once there, Mac finds the three students engrossed in a conversation that, frankly put, goes over his head. Fate, webs, causality... his own Druid mentor and adoptive father being a Dwarf, Jorgid always had a pretty firm opinion on fate: Make your own. Also, maybe the three spider-kin are taking the web analogy a tad far there?

Fortunately, Sorena finds something to add to the conversation. Being a natural at metal-magic, she can show the trio a neat insight into metal-magic. Huh. Wondering if he could use that advice for wood magic too? Naa... that won't work, wood is all about growth and change and metal... is not...

Eventually Sorena finishes her little lecture, but now she seems to run out of steam a bit. Oh well...

"So yeah, what Sorena said. Also, still trying to figure out why you guys felt like being compelled to come here, and why those gryphons tried to eat you. 'Cause it's not like gryphons to come to cities or villages, so we figure, they were, like magically compelled or something. And we, uh, figure something like that might have attracted you too. So... did you, like, wonder about that yourself maybe? And got any ideas we could pick up on?"

"Oh and, if you don't mind, I'm kinda curious what your human guises look like. You know, what with me being a shape-shifter myself and stuff... Er, you do remember us from the whole gryphon-thing, yes?"

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)
Name
Diplomacy (DC 17)
1d20+6 2

Conditions :

Sweet Tooth followed the others until they finally found the trio, when Sorena showed them her metal bending skills, Sweet Tooth was impressed. She had been trying to master a spell to use metal in an offensive ranged attack. The idea of firing flecks of silver at a werewolf, or cold iron at some fey seemed very useful. And she liked to have options. Last time she has tried it, she had failed. Perhaps due to the imperfections that Sorena spoke of.

"Listen to my friend here. She knows her stuff, especially when it comes to all things metal. I would love to hear more of your knowledge of the web of fate, but that can wait a while. I have an idea! Why don't you all move into our dorm for a few weeks? In that time, we can be comfortable as we discuss it, and other things, like Griffon attacks!"

Name
Society
1d20+9 18

52257768655_92d032d51b_h.jpg
Omolara

Ancestry: Human | Heritage: Half-elf | Class: Ranger | Background: Sponsored By A Stranger

Rank: Attendant | Primary branch: Rain-Scribe (lvl 4) | Secondary branch: Uzunjati (lvl 1)

HP: 56/56 | Hero Points: 2 | Application | Character sheet
Cantrips (2): root reading, stabilize | Spells (1): weaken earth
Focus Points: 2/2 | Focus Spells: animal feature, gravity weapon

Condition(s):

Omalara was more comfortable working with wood than metal and the Anadi's spirited discussion quickly left her head spinning. Fortunately the cohort's newest member seemed up to the challenge.

The three anadi exclaim excitedly as Sorena begins to mold and shape the piece of metal.

"Ah yes! We will be very happy to learn your expertise! I am Rainbows-Reflected-Upon-Gossamer-Strands, who is called Goss. This is Droplets-Hanging-Gently Savanakin, and over there is Barest-Threads-Billowing Maztachia."

To Mac, Savanakin replies "Why we came to the Magaambya... we... are not sure. We felt the call of magic, and knew this was the place that had the most to teach us about it.

As for the griffons, we also couldn’t say. It was the most terrifying moment of our lives, and we are extremely grateful you were there! We owe you a great debt, it is unlikely that we would have survived without you! We have seen griffons before, but not those griffons—they are very distinctive in their look, so perhaps it’s not difficult to find out where they came from.

How could we forget our saviors? Surely we can show you our human appearances."

With a look of concentration, all begin transforming themselves, their body hairs and fangs shrinking back into their bodies, skin becoming smoother, eyes becoming smaller and more human looking. Goss blinks, as if unaccustomed to this form. Savanakin looks around uncomfortably, and Maztachia shifts from foot to foot.

As Sweet Tooth makes the offer, all three gasp in surprise. Maztachia is the first to respond.

"Assuredly we will accept your offer! How welcoming all of you are, we are bestowed with the greatest of fortunes!" They chitter excitedly among themselves for a moment, before continuing the conversation.

Omolara observes the conversation.

"We live deep in the jungle. We wanted to see more of the world, and so came to Nantambu. We had only just arrived, and only just learned of the Magaambya, when we felt the call pulling us here. We hadn’t seen more than a handful of other humanoids until we came, and here there are so, so many!

This storeroom calls to us at times. We spend a lot of time discussing what might be there, but we haven’t gone in. We sometimes hear noises inside, and that gives us caution."

Goss gestures at the door nearby.

Map

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com%2Fmonthly_2024_04%2FMac150x200.jpg.8b36cd34c9fca13afee5af6770b20d63.jpg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%2048%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%203%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
Mac150x200.jpg.8b36cd34c9fca13afee5af6770b20d63.jpg
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
HP: 48/48 - AC: 21
Conditions:

Mac watches with great interest as the Anadi students show off their human forms. Sensing their discomfort, he himself wills his body to assume his hybrid form.

%5Btable%3D2%2C1%5D%20%5Br%3D1%2C1%5D%5BIMG2%3D150%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmwbaldrcdkstack-ipbuploads6f377ba5-6asvxg6ywium.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com%2Fmonthly_2024_04%2FMacHybrid200x150.jpg.92ba6dd73c73494c32a2e261dc048e11.jpg%5B%2FIMG2%5D%0A%5Br%3D2%2C1%5D%5Bfieldset%3DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5D%5BB%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2505803%22%5DMac%20T%C3%ADre%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FB%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHP%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%2048%2F48%20-%5Bb%5D%20AC%3A%20%5B%2Fb%5D21%0A%5Bb%5DConditions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0A%5Bb%5DHero%20Points%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%203%20%20%20%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%20prepared%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20Timber%2C%20Stabilise%0A%5B%2Ffieldset%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
MacHybrid200x150.jpg.92ba6dd73c73494c32a2e261dc048e11.jpg
Mac Tíre
Mac Tíre
HP: 48/48 - AC: 21
Conditions:

"Thanks for showing us. Looking good! And here's my, uh... 'hybrid form'. I usually prefer to stay in human dis-guise, my pelt is too thick for the weather around here. Usually I just shift back at night, when it's colder. Of course, some people complain about my room being full of dog hair. It's totally not! Its wolf  hair", Mac clarifies, nodding sagely. It's important to be precise about these things. Magic can go pretty awry when you don't get things right.

When the Anadi mention the storeroom calling out to them, Mac tilts his head and peers at his cohort members.

"Err... we should check that out maybe? But then we better prepare ourselves, just in case it is full of bugs. Again..."

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)