Lee & Kotemon

Smirk

Name: Lee

OIG1.webp

Kindhearted, street-smart, wisecracking parkour junkie.

image.png.13938d45c8e51c354bdcae966ead069a.png

Lee grew up in a poor foster home with little in the way of possessions or education. Lee loves his siblings and does not regret his childhood, but he does harbor resentment toward the parents that (as far as he knows) abandoned him, the callous & negligent group home managers, and the arrogantly opulent that stand back and gleefully watch people like him and his siblings suffer. Lee is also haunted by his lack of education, especially in Japanese society where education is highly valued.

Lee is overlooked for all legitimate work, relegating him to odd jobs like janitorial work. He prefers to earn money as a street performer, using parkour, juggling, and breakdancing to snag some tips.

He gets by just fine(per his own definition) because he is frugal and has learned to live with less food, water, and quality of shelter than one might expect. While he is expected to sleep and eat at the group home—and to do the home managers work for them— he doesn't always do so.

Lee is seen as a rebel, and he certainly can fit that description, but he never acts out for its own sake. His goth style reflects not a general desire to rebel, but rather it developed as a way to stand out from his siblings. He also sees his looks as an outward show that he doesn't care about what society thinks of him and his kind.

He has a nontraditional value system, favoring what might be called a "chaotic good" nature. Lee has no qualms breaking the law or defying traditional ideas about morality. In terms of Archetype, he is something of a mix between the 'Robin Hood' and 'Aladin' character.

Mostly Lee considers himself to be a caregiver, a hard worker, a free spirit, and an unapologetic smart ass.
image.png.790e632788adf818e6ca9e3d7464c0fd.png

image.png.6422bab3800275a61e7c3d051664e457.png

image.png.d6d937c4cd82a158f6ef9b7b2ab9bad3.png

Equipment Advantage: 1

image.png.2b970cfdd20d7b06e247c5473fa7b3a5.png

Powers:

Leaping Rank 1 (Limited to Parkour appropriate environments)

Resistance to Starvation/Thirst/Disease (Immunity with Limited Flaw)

Headquarters: Hidden Loft PL-5 (1pp)

Size: Small (-2)

Living Quarters (+1)(Very spartan, bootleg cable (earphones), video games, stolen wifi, canned food, sleeping bags)

Secret (+1)

Edited by Smirk (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Kotemon

spacer.png

Kotemon -> Yaksamon -> Vicegrademon -> ????

Kotemon 

image.png.d732d385d3c3a06ed06f570f8a69c058.png 

image.png.3e2e18d2be6a5ee9496affe85ef28873.png

image.png.0c6645a45758e93e974cc57fe2c9c9cb.png

Powers

Alternate Array — Kendo

[1]Kote Poke: Weaken (Fighting), Close Range, Rank 10
Accurate +3;
  Easily Removable (Bamboo Sword)

[2]Kendo Strike: Damage, Close Range, Rank 8
  Accurate +4, Penetrating +5
  Easily Removable (Bamboo Sword)

[3]Hothead: Damage, Close Range, Rank 12
  Accurate +2
  Removable (Bamboo sword and Mask)

Lightning Arrow: Damage, Ranged, Rank 8
  Accurate +4, Homing +2

Innate Leaping Rank 1

Innate Speed Rank 1

The below is for reference only

image.png

Edited by Smirk (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing two different point-total calculations for Lee, is one more accurate than the other?

He doesn't have any ranks in the Equipment advantage, so where is the Taser coming from? And in that vein, he doesn't have any combat skills to use the weapon properly. Is that intentional?

His flavortext is a bit lacking. I like the idea of a rebellious teen wit ha heart of gold, but there's so many areas that can be fleshd out, like why he's in foster care, where he developed his moral code, and so on. Some of these could tie into Complications as well.

Kotemon looks like he's still a WIP so I won't add too much right now, but it looks good so far.

Sorry about the double point block, I meant to delete the older of the two. As for the equipment cost, the point cost was listed under equipment instead of advantage b/c of the way hero-sheet calculates the cost

On 3/25/2024 at 3:09 AM, Lwmons said:

I'm seeing two different point-total calculations for Lee, is one more accurate than the other?

Sorry about the double point block, I meant to delete the older of the two.

He doesn't have any ranks in the Equipment advantage, so where is the Taser coming from? And in that vein, he doesn't have any combat skills to use the weapon properly. Is that intentional?

Oh sorry, I didn't type out the equipment advantage b/c the 2pp cost of the taser was listed in the pp breakdown by the hero-sheet program under equipment instead of advantages. I was also planning to have him just use his dex bonus for atk bonus for the taser. My thought is that since the taser DC is only 15 then its only going to be useful against targets that are easier to hit anyway.

Really its just flavor to fit his 'nice guy but a survivor' theme, dealing with unsavory types without using lethal weapons. I might remove it actually since its awfully weak for something that takes 2pp.

His flavortext is a bit lacking. I like the idea of a rebellious teen wit ha heart of gold, but there's so many areas that can be fleshd out, like why he's in foster care, where he developed his moral code, and so on. Some of these could tie into Complications as well.

Good input. I'll flesh it out some more. I havn't gotten to the complications yet, I'm new to the system, but I will. :)