Tavern Hangout

You had me a Nentir Vale.

While I had issues with 4e as a system (especially with the "revamp" they had toward the end), I thought the "Points of Light" setting had some promise. In fact, it's sort of a go-to setting to consider as a backup for my normal campaign (set in a more neutral/early-days Greyhawk).

Oh, what character concept?

And I'm kinda new to SWADE. This will be good for me as I'm working on a campaign using SWADE for modern Special Warfare. (Hybrid of Ghost Ops and TF Raven, but employing a lot of my own stuff too.)

14 minutes ago, TheDude2371 said:

You had me a Nentir Vale.

While I had issues with 4e as a system (especially with the "revamp" they had toward the end), I thought the "Points of Light" setting had some promise. In fact, it's sort of a go-to setting to consider as a backup for my normal campaign (set in a more neutral/early-days Greyhawk).

Oh, what character concept?

And I'm kinda new to SWADE. This will be good for me as I'm working on a campaign using SWADE for modern Special Warfare. (Hybrid of Ghost Ops and TF Raven, but employing a lot of my own stuff too.)

Nentir Vale is one of my favorite and open ended enough to allow a lot of customization.

For concept, I mean so many ways to go about making a character in Savage Pathfinder and of course the Nentir Vale setting.

SWADE can accommodate most genres and making a modern special warfare shouldn't be too hard imo.

I have the rules for Savage Worlds Pathfinder, but I am relatively new to the system. It looks interesting.

Just wondering, how many bennies do people start with usually?

6 minutes ago, LDDragon said:

I have the rules for Savage Worlds Pathfinder, but I am relatively new to the system. It looks interesting.

Just wondering, how many bennies do people start with usually?

Typically you start each session with 3 bennies and they are gone at the end of each session.

@Vecnahand - Would you allow pulling in and using the Talisman Hindrance from the Fantasy Companion?

Talisman

TALISMAN (MAJOR/MINOR)
Only characters with an Arcane Background Edge can take this Hindrance. The caster is dependent on a physical item to activate his powers. The Talisman might be a magic staff, a sacred symbol, a wand, a weapon, or any other transportable item. When caught without it, he subtracts 1 from all arcane skill rolls (−2 as a Major Hindrance), and is Stunned if the roll is a Critical Failure.

Replacing a lost Talisman depends on the object, but should usually require getting it back from whoever took it. If it was destroyed, the Game Master should work with the player to figure out what might make a suitable replacement and how it might be gained.

Looking at trying to make something like a Magus/Swordmage...

11 minutes ago, Laird_Thorne said:

@Vecnahand - Would you allow pulling in and using the Talisman Hindrance from the Fantasy Companion?

Talisman

TALISMAN (MAJOR/MINOR)
Only characters with an Arcane Background Edge can take this Hindrance. The caster is dependent on a physical item to activate his powers. The Talisman might be a magic staff, a sacred symbol, a wand, a weapon, or any other transportable item. When caught without it, he subtracts 1 from all arcane skill rolls (−2 as a Major Hindrance), and is Stunned if the roll is a Critical Failure.

Replacing a lost Talisman depends on the object, but should usually require getting it back from whoever took it. If it was destroyed, the Game Master should work with the player to figure out what might make a suitable replacement and how it might be gained.

Looking at trying to make something like a Magus/Swordmage...

Talisman hindrance, sure you can take it.

Points of Light is a great setting... Glad I saw this.

I've got a hard copy of the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, and found the Pathfinder supplement. I'm gonna clone the sheet for this DragonLance character I made over on another message board, and recalibrate them for Points of Light.

Pathfinder is basically self contained and modifies some stuff from SWADE. Like Savage Pathfinder is basically its own corebook before any confusion. SWADE is basically great if you plan to play many different genres/settings + appropriate companion. Savage Pathfinder is rooted in Fantasy setting and of course use Golarion as the base setting but it is easy enough to use any other fantasy setting (Forgotten Realms, Nentir Vale, Greyhawk etc...)

It depends on your focus:

Agility has more uses for physical combat (Fighting and Shooting skills)
Spirit helps you resist supernatural abilities and also works with social skills like intimidation, and if you are a divine caster like a Cleric, its important for the Faith skill.

1 hour ago, Vecnahand said:

Pathfinder is basically self contained and modifies some stuff from SWADE. Like Savage Pathfinder is basically its own corebook before any confusion. SWADE is basically great if you plan to play many different genres/settings + appropriate companion. Savage Pathfinder is rooted in Fantasy setting and of course use Golarion as the base setting but it is easy enough to use any other fantasy setting (Forgotten Realms, Nentir Vale, Greyhawk etc...)

Reviewing the Pathfinder book, I can see that! It's the same approach that was taken with the World of WarCraft: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook: "Here's the Core rules, and here's our supplemental rules.". Except... this approach that I'm seeing now is better. So much better.

now if I might be excused, I must sandblast some things off of that sheet 😺😼

Edited by SCARY WIZARD (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Vecnahand said:

It depends on your focus:

Agility has more uses for physical combat (Fighting and Shooting skills)
Spirit helps you resist supernatural abilities and also works with social skills like intimidation, and if you are a divine caster like a Cleric, its important for the Faith skill.

Alright, cool, I think I will leave it as is for now then. That helps, thanks! 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to change my concept up a bit...

With the Gunslinger and Magus coming in the next SWPF Booster campaign, I kind of want to hold off on that concept I had. :) I've got an idea in mind and should be able to finish it up by tomorrow...