The Haunted House IC

TheOldTraveller

Mellyn gives a cheerful wave

"Yes I got your note! How could I turn down the chance to travel...with..."

The elf tilts her blonde head and give him a curious look from her dark blue eyes, one hand tapping the pommel of the shortsword at her belt, supple body a little tense, and the slight glimmer of a Mage Armour spell clearly visible in the dark hall

"Wait, did you say the house spoke?"

She eyes the walls an ceiling with sudden suspicion

CRAAACCK-CRASH!

The room (#3) and the hall echo with the noise of the desk breaking and falling.

Mold spores and dust exploding from the wrecked heap of rotted and warped wood threaten to choke Vestas.

Muad'dib has already covered his face with his head-wrap, and doesn't even sneeze.

Qwinsea and Rolland aren't close enough to be affected. Nor Vanilla.

The breeze through the window helps clear the air in a minute.

On the floor under the busted desktop, the middle drawer lies open. The adventurers can see some papers inside.

11 hours ago, kintire said:
"Wait, did you say the house spoke?"

She eyes the walls an ceiling with sudden suspicion

Kerphi the Illuminated

Human Monk 2 | Stats | Languages | Spells Prepared

The scribe nods. "As we tried to enter from the back patio. A voice welcomed and threatened us simultaneously, and the others refused to enter by that door."

When the thundering crack comes from the adjacent room, his head whips in that direction, and he advances on the door, opening it to see what the others are up to.

Mellyn raises an eyebrow

"I just walked in the front HOLY FREAKING CRAP!"

She whips out her shortsword and follows Kerphi eyes flicking in all directions looking for anything the sound might have alerted...

Vestas Faircoin

"Well crap." says the cleric, looking rather humble at having made such a commotion. seeing that Marl is already looking through the papers, Vestas concentrates on looking through the wreckage of the desk.

Posted (edited)

Qwinsea's tapping reveals hollow space under the floorboards.

Before he can lift or pry up a board, a brown upright man-thing of about knee-height dashes out from behind a cupboard the swordsman had checked and thought clear. The swift little figure races past him and runs right by Vestas, leaping at the open window.

Muad'Dib lunges for the critter but trips and falls across the broken desk.

The burglar curses in his outlandish tongue as he rolls upright. He yanks at a cord wrapped around his ankles, jerking it loose.

The small figure hops onto the windowsill clutching Vestas's purse, it drops over the sill onto the outside.

Qwinsea, reacting more quickly than his friends (OOC high DEX) cannot stop the snatcher but does get to the window in time to see the creature move swiftly through weeds and brush of the garden and squeeze down into a nearby hole that he might have taken for a rabbit warren entrance.

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)

IMG_0231.jpeg.b84b278acd54c5b4318e31f09912eade.jpeg

Marl attempts to make sense of the papers,

Unable to react quickly, Mark momentarily stammers. Then heads to the window and gazes out towards the fleeing thief!

Should we go after him, Mark asks his friends.

Edited by guitarist (see edit history)
Name
Int
1d20 11

Vestas Faircoin

"That little creep is going to be disappointed with his take. Anyone ever see his like before?"  asks Vestas with a nod in the diminutive thief's direction.

Turning to Quinsea, he suggests, "Is there a secret door or compartment over in the space he burst out of? You know the old fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me trope?? Let's not fall victim ourselves," he adds.

"As for our little footpad, he'll be expecting us to rush after him, so let's not. All he got away with were Fang's pouch of bones. I suggest that we at least finish searching the ground floor before returning to the matter of the little creeper. I'm thinking that Fang will be an enthusiastic helper in the matter," says Vestas in answer to Marl's question.

(Did Vestas find anything in the ruins of the writing desk?)

Edited by RobBadener (see edit history)

Mellyn heads in to the room and looks around, smiling brightly at the ones she recognises and politely at the ones she doesn't.

"Good day everyone! I hope you don't mind a late-comer joining?"

She listens interestedly to vestas, glancing at the window.

"Ahhh secret doors you say? I might be able to help with that"

The elf glances around the room, focussing on the area the entity seems to have come from

Qwin_pic.jpgQwinsea Windjammer
CG Human | Fighter 2 | HP 15 | AC 5 | Longsword (5/2) hit+1, dmg 1d8+3

Qwinsea looks back at his companions with a smile. "Did anyone see that little one? He's fast!" He doesn't think he could catch that little one even running at full speed. Turning from the window to his companions he says "Well, now we have some secret passageway to inspect now."

OoC: Go back and search the secret compartment.

Also, he checks his coin purse and other dangling possessions to see if they are still on him.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)