The Haunted House IC

TheOldTraveller

Qwin_pic.jpgQwinsea Windjammer
CG Human | Fighter 2 | HP 15 | AC 5 | Longsword (5/2) hit+1, dmg 1d8+3

Qwinsea seems interested in the books as well, "What did you find? Anything good? I only had two books with me out at sea, but one of my shipmates lost them. Damn fool. Anyways, anything interesting?"

OoC: He will look over the title and see if any are about adventures (the equivalent to a pulp novel).

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Qwinsea finds a book with a torn binding that contains a few wood-cut, block-printed images of a knight fighting a dragon, the same knight (maybe) carrying a damosel before him on his horse, and a tower in a forest, but mice have been at the pages and mold has destroyed entire chapters.

Qwin_pic.jpgQwinsea Windjammer
CG Human | Fighter 2 | HP 15 | AC 5 | Longsword (5/2) hit+1, dmg 1d8+3

Qwinsea thumbs through the book in such poor condition, "What a shame. These critters don't appreciate good literature." He thinks about keeping it, but with whole chapters missing he is sad that he will miss out in so much of the story. Best he not even attempt to dive into that story and instead look for another book to stimulate him. Maybe the book on poetry so he can use it to pick up women when he is in more sophisticated taverns or brothels.

OoC: He picks up the poetry book.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

The swashbuckling sailor finds a book of romantic poetry that has suffered much from mice and mildew but still contains a fair number of readable pages. He can read several sonnets in their entirety.

It's not saleable, given its deplorable condition.

Still, he can doubtless glean from it some pretty rhymes for impressing beautiful women

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)

Roland GarrosRolandGarrostoken.webp.2fcf681c469c16e2fcee521110ba3ee9.webp Paladin HP 7/7 AC 4

S 16 D 8 C 15 I 10 W 14 Ch 17

"It would appear such fine fine culture is beyond their comprehension. Roland quips as he maintians his vigal of protecting the party.

OoC: maintain Detect Evil intent.

Posted (edited)

After conducting a thorough search of this room (the Library) the party has discovered no secret doors, hidden treasure, or lurking creatures. Books, the cryptic note about skeletons beyond something, some empty shelves, and a bit of rubbish. That's all you have found.

Muad'Dib asks his comrades which room they ought to search next. The foyer/main entryway?

Vestas Faircoin

"Marl and I came through that way and didn't see much. How about we go around the corner to the left?" (Room#7) suggests the cleric.

Muad'Dib readily agrees to Vestas's plan.

Roll

A search of the room (# 7) around the corner, beyond the entry hall, turns up only a collapsed dining table, a broken chair, and a heap of shattered porcelain service.

Nothing of value.

Name
Roll
1d6 5

Vestas Faircoin

"I'm not so sure on that point. If something goes sideways, I think it best that we all be together. Besides, three people searching two rooms isn't going to go any faster than six people searching the two rooms separately." says Vestas.

"Let's check across the hall next," he suggests next.

Posted (edited)

THE PARTY CONTINUES ITS EXPLORATIONS OF THE SOUTHERN PART OF THE HOUSE

ROOM # 8

Two upholstered armchairs stand near the fireplace of this room.

The covers have been torn or cut and the stuffing pulled out, but the wooden frames remain intact.

Pieces of a broken table lie on the floor near the south wall.

Roll

surprise

Roll

ROOM # 9

This area is dirty and damp, with patches of grey mold and cobwebs on the floor, walls, and ceiling. In the corner to your left is some iron cooking equipment with a chimney above it. Next to this, under the window, is a cracked and discolored sink.

To the right of the sink a small, closed wooden cupboard is fixed to the wall about 5' above floor level.

Against the far wall, a flight of wooden stairs leads upwards from left to right; even from the doorway, it is obvious that the woodwork is decayed and a few of the steps are missing.

Roll

Room #10

Mold grows in patches on the walls of this room and across the floor and ceiling. The wood and plaster look crumbly and rotted. Many cobwebs hang here, and even these seem to be in the process of decay. A large copper tub, dented, split, and green with verdigris, stands under the window. A small heap of crockery shards sits on the floor beside the metal container. Starirs against the outside wall lead down into darkness.

Roll

Name
Roll
1d6 1
Roll
1d10 6
Roll
1d20 4
Roll
1d10 9

(Rolls look buggy, but I will let the digital dice fall as they may for those search rolls. All successes. Suprise rolls and encounter stuff will be made separately, here)

surprise 1

Roll

surprise 2

Rol

random enc

Roll

Roll

Roll

Name
Roll
1d10 9
Rol