The Haunted House IC

TheOldTraveller

Posted (edited)

IN ROOM # 8

ARMCHAIR ROOM

Muad'Dib creeps in first.

Noticing a pretty obviously loose stone in the fireplace, he approaches and kneels by the cold hearth for a closer look.

The Baklunish man calls out and leaps back quite suddenly, reaching for his blade as a huge, black many-legged bug drops down the dark smokehole and scuttles toward him.

SPIDER ATTACK

Roll

Edited by TheOldTraveller (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d20 5

Roland GarrosRolandGarrostoken.webp.2fcf681c469c16e2fcee521110ba3ee9.webp Paladin HP 7/7 AC 4

S 16 D 8 C 15 I 10 W 14 Ch 17

Roland rushes to defend Muad'Dib, using both hands to swing the sword.

Name
2-handed bastard sword attack and damage
12; 6
1d20;2d4+1 [12]; [12,3,2]

Qwin_pic.jpgQwinsea Windjammer
CG Human | Fighter 2 | HP 15 | AC 5 | Longsword (5/2) hit+1, dmg 1d8+3

Qwinsea walks in shocked following all the commotion. "What happened here? Another critter? We need to do a really good check of these rooms. Maybe Fang can scout first and sniff out these little bastards so we know where to expect ambushes." He looks to Fang as if he would understand his intentions and agree with him that he, Fang, should be up front scouting for them.

OoC: I think letting Fang run in first barking will alert us to possible ambush attacks.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

Muad'Dib returns to the chimney and searches, even sliding his blade up the hole.

No creepy-crawlies.

He removes the loose stone in the fireplace and uncovers a small metal box fitted with a lock.

No key with it or in the smear of ashes from old fires that lines the floor of the hearth.

The thief takes out his picks...

Roll

Name
Roll
1d100 10

Posted (edited)

The lid pops open. Muad'Dib removes a silver ring from the box and holds it up for a look in the light of the window.

''We slew its guardian together, Roland, so I will toss a coin with you for the ring if you like. If the others do not object, the winner of the toss may keep this prize as part of his share."

He fishes a silver piece from his pockets and holds it up next to the ring.

(While this is going on, the others have the opportunity to conduct a careful search of the room--but they find no other monsters, treasure, or secrets here.)

Roland GarrosRolandGarrostoken.webp.2fcf681c469c16e2fcee521110ba3ee9.webp Paladin HP 7/7 AC 4

S 16 D 8 C 15 I 10 W 14 Ch 17

"There is no need for a coin toss, you may keep the ring. I don't need to flaunt my ability with wealth or trinkets. Besides you were the one to discover the beast and draw first blood. I merely finished it off." Roland replies

Posted (edited)

''I accept.''

Muad'Dib frowns, looking at the chimney where the monstrous spider had laired.

''We have been fortunate thus far, but I feel there is something sinister in this house...the ghostly voice welcomed us to our deaths.... If it is my fate that I should perish here, please return my share of the treasure to the party or give it to some poor orphan. I have no family in this part of the world.''

Posted (edited)

THE PARTY has ample opportunity to search the other rooms in this part of the house.

ROOM # 9

This area is dirty and damp, with patches of grey mold and cobwebs on the floor, walls, and ceiling. In the corner to your left is some iron cooking equipment with a chimney above it. Next to this, under the window, is a cracked and discolored sink.

To the right of the sink a small, closed wooden cupboard is fixed to the wall about 5' above floor level.

Against the far wall, a flight of wooden stairs leads upwards from left to right; even from the doorway, it is obvious that the woodwork is decayed and a few of the steps are missing.

In the old kitchen (Room #9) Fang barks in time to warn Qwinsea of the several snake-sized myriapods that crawl out from under the sink when one of the group gets near it.

INITIATIVE

The Party

Roll

Hundred Legs (5)

Roll

Name
Roll
1d10 8
Roll
1d10 3

Posted (edited)

(OOC

I'm rolling for the big 'pedes and Muad'Dib now, but with a tied initiative, and in this situation everything happens in a jumble of action. All PCs may act freely.)

The vermin swarm toward the intruders

1 vs Muad'Dib

Roll

1 vs Qwinsea

Roll

1 vs Vanilla

Roll

2 vs Fang

Roll

Roll

Name
Roll
1d20 11
Roll
1d20 4
Roll
1d20 14
Roll
1d20 14
Roll
1d20 5