The Lady Luck Tavern (Pre-Game IC-Thread)

spacer.pngThordin Galorspyd

Human Giant Foundling Rune Knight Fighter

IC: “My words,” Thordin said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Thordin thought. | My actions . . .

‘So I’m faulted for the sins of every giant in the world? Even though I’m human? Typical…’ Thordin grimaces. He was used to being prejudged but it was mostly for his small stature. Here it would be for who raised him. Nothing changed, he’d still have to struggle.

“Thordin,” he said to Lidda before she parted. It was only fair since she told hers, “My give name is Thordin. My earned kenning is Galorspyd.

OOC

I don’t always put OOC content in my posts, but when I do, I put it in here.

To Whom It May Concern . . .
Edited by RedDingo (see edit history)

Sketvid

Variant Human Uthgardt Tribe Barbarian

Barbarian4.png.da269df9348a592ffb10cdbdc10ce1c2.png

AC: 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Unarmored Bonus) | HP: 17/17 (1d12+2+3) | Speed: 30 ft.

Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 10, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 16 (+3) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 12 (+1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Bothii and Orc

“My words,” Sketvid said. | ‘My thoughts’ Sketvid thought. |

Sketvid eyed the towering half-giant wordlessly. Sketvid was a big man, but he came from a people who were big in size and stature. He was surprised to see so many big people here in this place. This Thordin was taller even than he. The man who had the fancy clothes and strange hat was tall, as was the woman who had been talking to him. There were half-orcs amongst the Tribes and she had the look, which would explain her size. The other one, Balthoz was large too. Even the dwarf, not tall but mighty in the way of his people. This place was not what he expected, at all.

"Many strange people here.", he says, looking down at the dwarf Yod. "I heard you speak of your ancestors before. This is good. It is good to honor those that came before, because their spirits are here and can see what we do. Some of my people say they can talk to their spirits, but I have never heard them. Someday, if I honor them enough they will make their will known to me. Do the spirits speak to you?"

OOC

IC: “My words,” Thordin said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Thordin thought. | My actions . . .

“Is there a reason you stare at me, Uthgardt?” Thordin asks Sketvid. After ten mugs, he feels a slight buzz in his hands and a little less reserved. Not enough to start a fight in a place of respite mind you, but certainly to call out a gawker.

OOC

ce872034a624bc5059627dd657a21870.jpgYod Ironbeard

Shield Dwarf Folk Hero Ancestral Guardian Barbarian

AC: 15 | HP: 18/18 (1d12) | Speed: 25 ft. | Init: +1
Senses: Passive Perception 13, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 19 (+5) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 9 (-1) | Wis: 13 (+1) | Cha: 11 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

“My words,” Yod said. | ‘My thoughts,’  Yod thought. | My actions . . .

Yod is content to listen to those around him, not needing to further any particular conversation. When the Sketvid turns his attention his way, the dwarf gives the hulking figure a thoughtful nod. He responds, "The dwarven people are full of traditions that honor the past. Usually, lessons are passed down from generation to generation through stories. We do believe in honoring the dwarves who came before us so that we can repeat our greatness and avoid problems. There are some among my people who talk directly to their spirits. I feel like they speak to us more than we realize. Like this Morak Ur’gray fellow from Nightstone. His name kept coming up over and over again. I figure it ain't just dumb luck, that someone is telling me something. And there are times in a fight, I can feel them watching over me, showing me what to do. That's gotta be my ancestors working through me."

The dwarf isn't exactly explaining everything, but it's close enough to the truth. He just left out the part about the dead people yapping in his ear, but no one wants to hear that.

He then asks, "How about your tribe? Do you have ancestral traditions?"

OOC

mona_token.png.1c9f2e734bef93f4d15bbf00cb8b5e1d.pngSassamonaMonk 1

AC:
HP:
Speed:

12/12
30 ft.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:

(+1)
(+4)
(+2)

Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

(+0)
(+3)
(+0)

Languages
Combat Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies

Sassamona listens to Ezra explain about being a shepherd of death with growing confusion. "I guess what you're sayin' about life and death makes sense and all. But... I don't know... Does that really work on the people who get left behind?"

She takes a sip of her cider and before responding to Ezra's clarification about the disturbance, "It's a relief, I guess, that the disturbance thing won't be here here. If you got more details, I know these really tough guys who hate disturbances; I bet they'd help you out if you asked." Looking around at all the adventurers in the tavern, she continues, "Actually, there's a bunch of buff-looking folks in here already, aren't there? Them I can't vouch for, though."

She giggles at Duala's description of Garon. "I know the type. And thanks for the invitation. Might go over in a bit—that scaly guy has my map." When the other propose discussing theology with Zhasi, Sassamona chimes in, "Oh, Ezra, you should definitely talk to him. He was looking for a map earlier; I bet he'd want to see yours too." 'Plus, I wouldn't know what to say if I went over there alone. I don't know nothing 'bout history.'

When Ezra asks Duala what she meant by "practice," Sassamona adds, "Yeah, what're you practicing?"

OOC

Qi

[Level 2 Feature]

Stat Block

%5Bb%5D%5Burl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2891065%5DSassamona%5B%2Furl%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0A%5Bi%5DHuman%20(Variant)%20Monk%201%20CG%5B%2Fi%5D%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DAC%5B%2Fb%5D%2017%20%5Bb%5DHP%5B%2Fb%5D%2012%20%5Bb%5DSpeed%5B%2Fb%5D%20ft%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DStr%5B%2Fb%5D%2013%20(1)%20%5Bb%5DDex%5B%2Fb%5D%2018%20(4)%20%5Bb%5DCon%5B%2Fb%5D%2014%20(2)%20%5Bb%5DWis%5B%2Fb%5D%2016%20(3)%20%5Bb%5DInt%5B%2Fb%5D%2010%20(0)%20%5Bb%5DCha%5B%2Fb%5D%2011%20(0)%0A%0A%5Bb%5DAttacks%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DQuarterstaff%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B6%201d6(8)%2B4%0A%5Bb%5DUnarmed%20Strike%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B6%201d4%2B4%0A%5Bb%5DDart%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B6%201d4%2B4%0A%5Bb%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%0A%5Bb%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DMonk%20Features%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0AUnarmored%20Defense%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%2078)%0AWhile%20not%20wearing%20armor%20and%20not%20using%20a%20shield%2C%20your%20AC%20equals%2010%20%2B%20DEX%20modifier%20%2B%20WIS%20modifier.%0A%0AMartial%20Arts%20d4%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%2078)%0AWhile%20you%20are%20unarmed%20or%20wielding%20only%20monk%20weapons%20and%20you%20aren%E2%80%99t%20wearing%20armor%20or%20wielding%20a%20shield%2C%20you%20can%20use%20DEX%20instead%20of%20STR%20for%20the%20attack%20and%20damage%20rolls%2C%20you%20can%20roll%20your%20Martial%20Arts%20damage%20die%20in%20place%20of%20the%20normal%20damage%2C%20and%20when%20you%20use%20the%20Attack%20action%20on%20your%20turn%2C%20you%20can%20make%20one%20unarmed%20strike%20as%20a%20bonus%20action.%0A%0A%5Bb%5DFeats%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0AAthlete%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%20165)%0AIncrease%20your%20(STR%20or)%20DEX%20score%20by%201%2C%20and%20when%20you%20are%20prone%2C%20standing%20up%20uses%20only%205%20feet%20of%20your%20movement.%20Climbing%20doesn't%20cost%20you%20extra%20movement%2C%20and%20you%20can%20make%20a%20running%20long%20jump%20or%20a%20running%20high%20jump%20after%20moving%20only%205%20ft.%20on%20foot%2C%20rather%20than%2010%20ft.%0A%0ATough%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%20170)%0AYour%20hit%20point%20maximum%20increases%20by%20an%20amount%20equal%20to%20twice%20your%20level%20when%20you%20gain%20this%20feat.%20Whenever%20you%20gain%20a%20level%20thereafter%2C%20your%20hit%20point%20maximum%20increases%20by%20an%20additional%202%20hit%20points.
Sassamona
Human (Variant) Monk 1 CG

AC 17 HP 12 Speed ft

Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 10 (0) Cha 11 (0)

Attacks
Quarterstaff +6 1d6(8)+4
Unarmed Strike +6 1d4+4
Dart +6 1d4+4

Monk Features:
Unarmored Defense (PHB, pg. 78)
While not wearing armor and not using a shield, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + WIS modifier.

Martial Arts d4 (PHB, pg. 78)
While you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield, you can use DEX instead of STR for the attack and damage rolls, you can roll your Martial Arts damage die in place of the normal damage, and when you use the Attack action on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.

Feats:
Athlete (PHB, pg. 165)
Increase your (STR or) DEX score by 1, and when you are prone, standing up uses only 5 feet of your movement. Climbing doesn't cost you extra movement, and you can make a running long jump or a running high jump after moving only 5 ft. on foot, rather than 10 ft.

Tough (PHB, pg. 170)
Your hit point maximum increases by an amount equal to twice your level when you gain this feat. Whenever you gain a level thereafter, your hit point maximum increases by an additional 2 hit points.

Inventory

Gp: 10 Sp: 0 Cp: 0

Equipped

1. Clothes, Common
  2. Dart (10)
  3. Quarterstaff

Backpack

1. Map of Waterdeep
  2. Crowbar
  3. Hammer
  4. Piton (10)
  5. Rations (10 days)
  6. Small Knife
  7. Tinderbox
  8. Torch (10)
  9. Waterskin
Edited by morgan_ (see edit history)

tokenOmarBaldul.png.313a680dd8b5f60122a387589e484577.pngOmar Baldul

Human Sage Evocation Wizard

IC: “My words are straight and bold” Omar Baldul said. | ‘My thoughts might be a bit slanted’ Omar Baldul thought. | My actions are plain . . .

Being asked about the Collegio Magica, sends Omar into a deep reverie, how to best describe the wonderful hort of knowledge especially about the magical arts, without compromising it’s location.

So he results in quite a few raised eyebrows as he answers a question posed long ago, with the conversation having moved on without him noticing.

The Collegio Magica is a shining beacon of knowledge, I have been studying among the greatest minds of the south, learning the ways of the arcane knowledge, delving into the recorded secrets of this plane and others. To manipulate the energy of nature and the ether. But the Collegio does not grant the status of master, without going in the journey, leaving the sacred halls of study and gather new information for the next generation to study. So I have now 5 years in which to make a significant discovery, this is why I came to the North because where there is strife and crisis, there is opportunity.

OOC

Sorry had to travel for work, hope a zoning out is an acceptable roleplay excuse

spacer.pngDuala

Half-Orc Gladiator Paladin

HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | HD: 1d10/1d10 | Passive Perception: + | Initiative: +0 | Speed: 30'

Str: 16 | Dex: 11 | Con: 14 | Int: 13 | Wis:13 | Cha: 16

Darkvision | Relentless Endurance | Savage Attacks | Languages

Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 5/5

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

Duala smiles at bot Ezra and Sassamora. "Easier to just show you than bore you with words." She grabs her third drink and starts to chug it down quickly. It's clearly someone who's in need of liquid courage. She's on the other side of the room shortly, picking up her violin where she'd been sitting with Garoth, Qu, and Zhasi are at. With a nod to them she puts the violin at her chin.

She is not performer looking for coin or make a name for herself. She is not grandstanding or trying to be the center of attention, to bring all eyes on her. Still, the sound she plays is... good. It creates a mood in the room, one that aims to lift everyone up if just a bit. It's not the kind of song that demands a dance, yet it is certainly music to tap one's foot to. Duala doesn't sing, doesn't give a speech, she just plays, finding a good balance between getting some practice in and making a tune that doesn't take from anyone else. Already she hadn't acted as she appeared, a tough-looking woman in chainmail. Not playing a fine instrument well, she does appear a contradiction, but if Duala is aware of it she doesn't care or doesn't show it.

OOC

-

Edited by Peacemonger (see edit history)
Name
Practice Violin
1d20+3 19

avSQ7xL40aKVEpJAwpxj--1--ueg5i.png.5e54488e17ed272e24fc2dcd86693e4d.pngEzra Dyn'Thalos Shadar-Kai, Twilight Cleric

HP: 10/10, AC: 18, Hit Die 1d8, Passive: Perception: 16, Insight: 16, Investigate: 13

SAVES: Str: +3, Dex 0, Con +2, Int +1, Wis +6 Cha +1

Skills  Blessing of the R. Q.  Fey Ancestry  Eyes of Night Vigilant Blessing  Trance  Languages  Proficiency and Tools

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’| My actions . . .

Ezra thinks on the question from Sassamona for a moment. "People...can be difficult when they lose a loved one certainly...I suppose that's why I was sent out was to gain their perspective on life. All I can do is offer an ear and words to help ease their loss as much as possible. But even time can't heal those wounds completely." Ezra offers as she looks back to the half-orc again, when Sassamona asks on her practice, Duala's response of showing not telling ellicited a smile from Ezra. "Oh? Leaving us in suspense?"

Ezra turns her attention back to Sassamona about the disturbances. "Well, again, my mistress was vague. Afterall it was my first vision about a month ago. So perhaps where she also just blessed me with her divine spark it's something of a growing concern where I will need her strength more then just my own...or its a test...again she was rather vague. The possibility of people dying before their times have come are but one of the missions I do for my Raven Queen. It could be something related to that." As Sassamona points out the group that seem to be getting more lively. Ezra looks back and nods. I will check with them...but it sounds like some of the conversation is getting...personal? I wonder if that was the reason for that quick exit from the young elf?

She listens further to the exchange between Sassamon and Duala, the young urchin girl also making the suggestion to speak with a cleric. "Zhasi was it? Thank you, I think I shall...perhaps will be better then getting tangled up with whatever the others are on about...this Zhasi is not in that group as well is he?" Ezra asks as she begins rolling up her map and putting it back into the map case to move tables. She plucks a piece of seed bread up and pops the sweet into her mouth afterwards as she continues putting her map tools away.

OOC

Come Whatever May

Spells 

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
Slots 2/2 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0

Will fill if accepted.

hatless.png.95856aba870e890b93e2d5d4d5bcbe29.pngGaron Ammakyl

Human Noble Paladin

AC 18 | HP 12/12 | HD 1/1 | Sense 4/4 | LoH 5/5
Str 16 | Dex 12 | Con 14 | Int 10 | Wis 12 | Cha 16

Spellcasting +5 DC 13 | Cantrips | Shield 1/1

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,'  | My actions

Garon enjoys the pause in conversation. Since giving his chair by the fire to Zhasi, his body temperature has comfortably moderated, and the vintage has started to warm his insides and fuzzy his head. The tavern was much rowdier and louder than the merchant inn where he had been staying in Daggerford, but here was much more entertaining.

When Duala starts to play well, his smile broadens. 'What another cultured surprise for an orc,' he thought. 'If only I had my lute, I would join her.' But, he had left his lute at home, and normally did not play for strangers.

After listening for awhile, it dawns on the teenager that Duala played for herself. He had only learned to play for a tutor or his family. But there Duala was, playing for herself. 'We just happen to be here.' He wonders what that feels like.

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

The song catches Thordin’s ears, enthralling him. He follows it to the source and leans on his weapon as he lets the notes lift his soul. Music was a thing he liked but had trouble making himself. His teacher told him though that talent was merely a starting point. With enough time and effort he could perform well, but he dismissed that as a joke. All he was good for was the slag.

“You play well, Uruksoster,” he said to Duala, “Are you a skald…I mean a…bard?”

OOC

@Peacemonger @morgan_ @Seardon a tall man in a tattered cape with a polearm and started complimenting your violinist.

spacer.pngDuala

Half-Orc Gladiator Paladin

HP: 14/14 | AC: 18 | HD: 1d10/1d10 | Passive Perception: + | Initiative: +0 | Speed: 30'

Str: 16 | Dex: 11 | Con: 14 | Int: 13 | Wis:13 | Cha: 16

Darkvision | Relentless Endurance | Savage Attacks | Languages

Divine Sense: 4/4 | Lay on Hands: 5/5

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions . . .

Duala looks to Thordin, or more accurately turns her head upwards to look at him. She's tall, but not near as tall as he. "Not at all. Nothing so fancy as that, just play because it makes me better than just a sword and shield, and because it's fun." She continues to play, but slows down a little to multitask, not able to play perfectly and speak at the same time, which is fine by her own standards.

"Just like anything worth doing, a little practice goes a long way. Doubt you'll ever hear my name spoken of for my music though, I've neither the ambition nor time, but I can at least make a tune for a few people warming up with food and drink now and then." Although she's certainly being humble, it doesn't sound like she's being shy or bashful either. For her, it's a hobby, something to practice it, but not necessarily something she intends to master.

OOC

-

@RedDingo

avSQ7xL40aKVEpJAwpxj--1--ueg5i.png.5e54488e17ed272e24fc2dcd86693e4d.pngEzra Dyn'Thalos Shadar-Kai, Twilight Cleric

HP: 10/10, AC: 18, Hit Die 1d8, Passive: Perception: 16, Insight: 16, Investigate: 13

SAVES: Str: +3, Dex 0, Con +2, Int +1, Wis +6 Cha +1

Skills  Blessing of the R. Q.  Fey Ancestry  Eyes of Night Vigilant Blessing  Trance  Languages  Proficiency and Tools

IC: “My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’| My actions . . .

As she puts her Cartographers tools away and continues munching her bread taking in the music from Duala. Ezra hefts the pack over her shoulder and picks up the glass with her drink and balanced the remainder of the bread on the glass using her other hand to transport the custard. Her question to Sassamona on where Zhasi is, was interrupted by the tall human as her path was slightly impeded. "Oh...uhm pardon me sir." Ezra stops a moment, causing the seed bread to slide into the remainder of her nectar. A soft sigh leaves her mouth. Oh well...not all is lost at least I can order another when I need...my poor bread though. Ezra stands at only 5' 3" tall standing next to the human in front of her.

She listened to the exchange between Thordin and Duala and focused on the half-orc woman where she had more familiarity. "You shouldn't sell yourself short. You've a lovely talent that is good to give due credit to your pursuit to improve upon."

OOC

An "Elvish" woman if you are not familiar with Shadar-Kai, stands just before impact. The sound of chainmail under her robes might be heard. The holy symbol of the Raven Queen adorns her shield and robes as well as the amulet around her neck.

Spells 

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
Slots 2/2 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0 Slots 0/0

Will fill if accepted.

Andrastetoken2png.webp.542214d70406f375ff6f8bddece7c0d1.webpAndraste Moonshadow — Wood Elven Sage Ranger (Archer) 1

“My words,” Andraste said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Andraste thought. | My actions . . .

Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Constitution: 18 (+4)

Intelligence: 13 (+1)
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 11 (+0)

AC11 Armor(Leather)

+ 3 Dexterity Bonus
:
HP: 14/14

PP: 12

Lidda's voice echoes as if it were far away,

On 4/2/2024 at 9:18 PM, Ayeba said:

"How are you feeling?" she asks, "Judging from your eyes, I'm guessing not very good. The tall man stirred your old wounds, didn't he?"

Andraste stared into the flames as they flickered and danced, trying to fully understand what had happened to her outside. She had never felt the spirit of a God or Goddess before. Deep inside, Andraste knows that something significant has shifted within her. The emotional turbulence that once propelled her journey has been momentarily quelled, replaced by a strange kind of...quiet...like the noise you still hear when you cover your ears. It's as if a veil has been drawn over her innermost self, and it was just out of reach. "I'm...okay," she said it with more realization than assurance.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:18 PM, Ayeba said:

She sits down by Andraste, but not too close. I'd like to give her a hug, but she may not like that.

"For what it's worth, I think you answered my questions well. You have a good moral compass. I'm sorry for putting you on the spot. I have a vested interest in Giants myself, but only their runes. Apart from purely philosophical discussions, you won't see me defending a Giant who has killed and razed villages. I don't intend to change your mind about your vengeance, I just want you to not get yourself killed."

She tries to keep an eye on Andraste, to see if she has some thoughts of her own to share, or if she is getting more uncomfortable. If not, she shares the tale of her mentor's last apprentice. How he swore to avenge his brethren and never returned, leaving her mentor with yet another lost pupil.

She tilts her head and stares into Lidda's eyes. Concern is etched across her brows. I'm not sure how to make you understand. She remembers the analogy Lidda gave of the burning building, and places a hand on top of hers. "You were right, I think...the mission is to save lives...I cannot do that if I'm dead...or...more importantly, sometimes...overzealous. Fire can either raze a house to the ground or" nodding at the fireplace, "keep the ones inside warm...the fire itself has not changed its destructive nature, it only needs a little...restraint."

She looks over to the large Giant Foundling getting steadily drunker by the barrel, and remembered her own words. A giant's way of life is found in the subjugation of others, the only shackles large to hold them is death. She could feel the slightest hint of...pity. She had wanted so badly to prevent others from loosing their families, but she hadn't considered those like him whose family is Giant. Would he burn with the same vengeance towards her that she does against his kin? I cannot spare everyone, not their lives or those they've made their lives. The mission comes first. "I am ready. Do tell me more of your mentor," she says to Lidda with a smile.

OOC

@Ayeba@RedDingo The Void Rising by Secession Studios is what I was listening to when writing this. Always helps to have some ominous background music

Spells

Spellcasting (Available at Lvl. 2)

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

1st-Level

1 Spell Slot

1. [x] Hunter's Mark

Stat Block

Andraste%20Moonshadow%0AWood%20Elven%20Archery%20Ranger%201%0ADeity%3A%20Vandria%20Gilmadrith%2C%20goddess%20of%20war%20and%20grieving%2C%20Tyr%2C%20god%20of%20law%20and%20justice%0AMedium%20humanoid%2C%20Lawful%20Good%0A%0A%0AAC%2012%20%2F%20HP%2013%20%2F%20Speed%2035%20ft%20%2F%20Initiative%20%2B2%0A%0A%0AStr%2014%20(%2B2)%20Dex%2017%20(%2B3)%20Con%2018%20(%2B4)%0AWis%2010%20(%2B0)%20Int%2013%20(%2B1)%20Cha%2011%20(%2B0)%0A%0A%0ASaving%20Throws%0A%0AStr%20%2B4%20Dex%20%2B5%20Con%20%2B4%0AInt%20%2B1%20Wis%20%2B0%20Cha%20%2B0%0AAdvantage%20against%20being%20charmed%20%0A%0A%0ASkill%20proficiencies%0A%0AAthletics%20%2B4%20(Ranger)%0AArcana%20%2B3%0ANature%20%2B3%20(Ranger)%0APerception%20%2B2%0AInvestigation%20%2B3%20(Ranger)%0AHistory%20%2B3%0APerception%20%2B3%0A%0A%0ATool%20Proficiencies%3A%20None%0A%0A%0AAttacks%0A%0ALongbow%20150(600)%201d20%2B4%2C%201d4%2B2%20piercing%0ADagger%20(5%20ft)%201d20%2B7%2C%201d6%20piercing%0AUnarmed%20Strike%201d20%2B4%2C%203%20bludgeoning%0A%0A%0ARacial%20Traits%3A%C2%A0%0A%0ADarkvision%3A%20Sight%20in%20dim%20light%20within%2060ft.%0AKeen%20Senses%3A%20Proficiency%20in%20the%20Perception%20skill.%0AFey%20Ancestry%3A%20Advantage%20vs.%20charmed%2C%20immune%20to%20Magic%20Sleep%C2%A0%0ATrance%3A%20Sleep%20is%20not%20necessary%2C%20they%20meditate%20deeply%2C%20remaining%20semiconscious%2C%20for%204%20hours%20a%20day.%C2%A0%0AElf%20Weapon%20Training%3A%20Proficiency%20with%20the%20longsword%2C%20shortsword%2C%20shortbow%2C%20and%20longbow.%0AFleet%20of%20Foot%3A%20Base%20walking%20speed%20increases%20to%2035%20feet.%0AMask%20of%20the%20Wild%3A%20You%20can%20attempt%20to%20hide%20even%20when%20you%20are%20only%20lightly%20obscured%20by%20foliage%2C%20heavy%20rain%2C%20falling%20snow%2C%20mist%2C%20and%20other%20natural%20phenomena.%0A%0A%0ARanger%20Features%3A%0A%0AArmor%3A%20Light%20armor%2C%20medium%20armor%2C%20shields%0AWeapons%3A%20Simple%20weapons%2C%20martial%20weapons%0ATools%3A%20None%0ASaving%20Throws%3A%20Strength%2C%20Dexterity%0ASkills%3A%20Athletics%2C%20Investigation%2C%20Nature%0A%0A%0AFavored%20Enemy%3A%0A%0AGiants%0ALanguage%3A%20Giant%20(Specifically%20Jotunhaug%3B%20spoken%20by%20hill%20and%20mountain%20giants%2C%20and%20closely%20related%20to%20Jotunise.)%0A%0A%0ANatural%20Explorer%3A%20Forest%0A%0ASage%20Features%3A%0ASkill%20Proficiencies%3A%20Arcana%2C%20History%0AResearcher%0A%0ALanguages%3A%0ACommon%20and%20Elvish%20(Wood%20Elf)%2C%20Draconic%20and%20Halfling%20(Sage)%2C%20and%20Giant%20(Ranger)
Andraste Moonshadow
Wood Elven Archery Ranger 1
Deity: Vandria Gilmadrith, goddess of war and grieving, Tyr, god of law and justice
Medium humanoid, Lawful Good

AC 12 / HP 13 / Speed 35 ft / Initiative +2

Str 14 (+2) Dex 17 (+3) Con 18 (+4)
Wis 10 (+0) Int 13 (+1) Cha 11 (+0)

Saving Throws

Str +4 Dex +5 Con +4
Int +1 Wis +0 Cha +0
Advantage against being charmed

Skill proficiencies

Athletics +4 (Ranger)
Arcana +3
Nature +3 (Ranger)
Perception +2
Investigation +3 (Ranger)
History +3
Perception +3

Tool Proficiencies: None

Attacks

Longbow 150(600) 1d20+4, 1d4+2 piercing
Dagger (5 ft) 1d20+7, 1d6 piercing
Unarmed Strike 1d20+4, 3 bludgeoning

Racial Traits: 

Darkvision: Sight in dim light within 60ft.
Keen Senses: Proficiency in the Perception skill.
Fey Ancestry: Advantage vs. charmed, immune to Magic Sleep 
Trance: Sleep is not necessary, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. 
Elf Weapon Training: Proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
Fleet of Foot: Base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.

Ranger Features:

Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Athletics, Investigation, Nature

Favored Enemy:

Giants
Language: Giant (Specifically Jotunhaug; spoken by hill and mountain giants, and closely related to Jotunise.)

Natural Explorer: Forest

Sage Features:
Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Researcher

Languages:
Common and Elvish (Wood Elf), Draconic and Halfling (Sage), and Giant (Ranger)

Inventory

Gp: 10 Sp: - Cp: -

Equipped

1. Arrows (20)
  2. Longbow
  3. Leather Armor
  4. Common Clothes
  5. Dagger
  6. Small knife
  7. Money pouch

Backpack

1. Quill
  2. 2 Ornate rings hanging on a necklace string
  3. Whetstone
  4. Explorer's Pack
    • Backpack
    • Bedroll
    • Mess Kit
    • Tinderbox
    • 10 torches
    • 10 days of rations
    • Waterskin
    • 50 ft of hempen rope

Edited by ArtamenaV (see edit history)

mona_token.png.1c9f2e734bef93f4d15bbf00cb8b5e1d.pngSassamonaMonk 1

AC:
HP:
Speed:

12/12
30 ft.

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:

(+1)
(+4)
(+2)

Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

(+0)
(+3)
(+0)

Languages
Combat Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies

"Yeah, come with me; I'll show you," Sassamona says in a low voice, mindful of Duala's impromptu performance. She listens to Duala's playing while waiting for Ezra to gather her belongings. 'I'd love to travel with someone like that,' she thinks, 'every night could be like a party, with music and dancing and everything.'

On her way to show her new friend Ezra where Zhasi is sitting, they find a large human blocking their path. She squeezes herself between him and a nearby table to get past him, spilling some of her cider on the floor in the process. "Hey, watch it, guy!" she hisses at Thordin. She sits in the seat Duala had offered her earlier and points out Zhasi to Ezra. She doesn't talk while Duala is playing, only sways side to side in time with the music.

She observes the others already seated by the fire, grateful that they seem to be paying more attention to Duala than to her. 'Who's this turtle guy with the bird? He looks sophisticated,' she thinks. 'And the rich kid with the silver cup... Come to think of it, he could probably get me fired with just one word to the right person. Though Duala said he was nice. I'd better say something polite.' At a break in the music, she says, "Uh, hello, Saers. What a lovely evenin'—evening—it is. Have you met Ms. Dyn'thalos?" She gestures towards wherever Ezra is.

OOC

Qi

[Level 2 Feature]

Stat Block

%5Bb%5D%5Burl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2891065%5DSassamona%5B%2Furl%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0A%5Bi%5DHuman%20(Variant)%20Monk%201%20CG%5B%2Fi%5D%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DAC%5B%2Fb%5D%2017%20%5Bb%5DHP%5B%2Fb%5D%2012%20%5Bb%5DSpeed%5B%2Fb%5D%20ft%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DStr%5B%2Fb%5D%2013%20(1)%20%5Bb%5DDex%5B%2Fb%5D%2018%20(4)%20%5Bb%5DCon%5B%2Fb%5D%2014%20(2)%20%5Bb%5DWis%5B%2Fb%5D%2016%20(3)%20%5Bb%5DInt%5B%2Fb%5D%2010%20(0)%20%5Bb%5DCha%5B%2Fb%5D%2011%20(0)%0A%0A%5Bb%5DAttacks%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DQuarterstaff%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B6%201d6(8)%2B4%0A%5Bb%5DUnarmed%20Strike%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B6%201d4%2B4%0A%5Bb%5DDart%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B6%201d4%2B4%0A%5Bb%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%0A%5Bb%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%20%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DMonk%20Features%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0AUnarmored%20Defense%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%2078)%0AWhile%20not%20wearing%20armor%20and%20not%20using%20a%20shield%2C%20your%20AC%20equals%2010%20%2B%20DEX%20modifier%20%2B%20WIS%20modifier.%0A%0AMartial%20Arts%20d4%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%2078)%0AWhile%20you%20are%20unarmed%20or%20wielding%20only%20monk%20weapons%20and%20you%20aren%E2%80%99t%20wearing%20armor%20or%20wielding%20a%20shield%2C%20you%20can%20use%20DEX%20instead%20of%20STR%20for%20the%20attack%20and%20damage%20rolls%2C%20you%20can%20roll%20your%20Martial%20Arts%20damage%20die%20in%20place%20of%20the%20normal%20damage%2C%20and%20when%20you%20use%20the%20Attack%20action%20on%20your%20turn%2C%20you%20can%20make%20one%20unarmed%20strike%20as%20a%20bonus%20action.%0A%0A%5Bb%5DFeats%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20%0AAthlete%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%20165)%0AIncrease%20your%20(STR%20or)%20DEX%20score%20by%201%2C%20and%20when%20you%20are%20prone%2C%20standing%20up%20uses%20only%205%20feet%20of%20your%20movement.%20Climbing%20doesn't%20cost%20you%20extra%20movement%2C%20and%20you%20can%20make%20a%20running%20long%20jump%20or%20a%20running%20high%20jump%20after%20moving%20only%205%20ft.%20on%20foot%2C%20rather%20than%2010%20ft.%0A%0ATough%20(PHB%2C%20pg.%20170)%0AYour%20hit%20point%20maximum%20increases%20by%20an%20amount%20equal%20to%20twice%20your%20level%20when%20you%20gain%20this%20feat.%20Whenever%20you%20gain%20a%20level%20thereafter%2C%20your%20hit%20point%20maximum%20increases%20by%20an%20additional%202%20hit%20points.
Sassamona
Human (Variant) Monk 1 CG

AC 17 HP 12 Speed ft

Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 10 (0) Cha 11 (0)

Attacks
Quarterstaff +6 1d6(8)+4
Unarmed Strike +6 1d4+4
Dart +6 1d4+4

Monk Features:
Unarmored Defense (PHB, pg. 78)
While not wearing armor and not using a shield, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + WIS modifier.

Martial Arts d4 (PHB, pg. 78)
While you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield, you can use DEX instead of STR for the attack and damage rolls, you can roll your Martial Arts damage die in place of the normal damage, and when you use the Attack action on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.

Feats:
Athlete (PHB, pg. 165)
Increase your (STR or) DEX score by 1, and when you are prone, standing up uses only 5 feet of your movement. Climbing doesn't cost you extra movement, and you can make a running long jump or a running high jump after moving only 5 ft. on foot, rather than 10 ft.

Tough (PHB, pg. 170)
Your hit point maximum increases by an amount equal to twice your level when you gain this feat. Whenever you gain a level thereafter, your hit point maximum increases by an additional 2 hit points.

Inventory

Gp: 10 Sp: 0 Cp: 0

Equipped

1. Clothes, Common
  2. Dart (10)
  3. Quarterstaff

Backpack

1. Map of Waterdeep
  2. Crowbar
  3. Hammer
  4. Piton (10)
  5. Rations (10 days)
  6. Small Knife
  7. Tinderbox
  8. Torch (10)
  9. Waterskin

Thordin grimaced at the trouble his size caused. All he wanted to do is learn more about these other adventurers. Just by being, he is an inconvenience or a focus of hate. Too small for the world of Jotunen, too large for the world of smalvolken. ‘There really is no place for me anywhere, is there, Skavilga?’

“My apologies,” he replied to Sassamona glumly.

“My teacher is as much a skald as she is a warrior. To have a talent in both music and battle is enviable.” He said to Duala. “I would ask you your name.”

OOC

Player mention tags, and any particular notes in here.