The Olde Irish Pub (The OOC Thread)

Papa Bear

20 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

OK, I don't know what posting rates you lot have... I should usually start with that in ads but I never learn. Anyway, don't be intimidated by how frequently I might post. I don't expect people to keep up with me. I am not the most rapid poster, but there are days when I might respond to every in game post, especially in RP conversations. This is not an absolute but usually.

I try to post at least once a day. Job, family, and other responsibilities notwithstanding. By post I mean respond to everything that needs a response from me or my character. That's the goal anyway.

3 hours ago, RagallachMC said:

I try to post at least once a day. Job, family, and other responsibilities notwithstanding. By post I mean respond to everything that needs a response from me or my character. That's the goal anyway.

Same. I at least try to post on everything that needs it at least once a day. I usually succeed too, but not 100%.

I will probably post daily most of the the time but an every other day thing is probably best to get everyone a chance. Twice a week is good. I don't want those who post more slowly to feel left behind

I'm on multiple times a day most days, but it would be rare for me to make multiple posts to the same game. Generally, I assume about half of my games will need a post each day for an average of a post every other day in any given game. Of course, some games are slower, so a few can be faster.

Posted (edited)

OK team, we are getting down to the last few points in tweaks. Today I'll start posting up some individual RP threads for each of you. They won't be private so you can follow along with everyone else if you like (especially if your toon 'knows' the other hero so you can get a feel for them) but you don't have to. Just remember, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you lot this, but I am anyway, to separate character knowledge from player knowledge. As for tweaks, don't worry about it. Tweaks are still available through the rest of the week and can be requested while we're still in the individual, starter RPs. I'm not a 'hard back-side' on this kind of stuff. My FTF group has a standing rule that if its something you haven't used yet, you can change it as long as you ask the GM (in case the GM had a plan for whatever it was but just hasn't gotten around to it yet) and to similarly notify everyone of the change. I'm not in favor or this house rule, but I'm not opposed to it either. So even when we get in game and maybe you realize that something in 6e is different than what you remembered in 5e and thus doesn't work for you the way you wanted, talk to me. We can probably make adjustments. There's a lot of "Grandfathering" rules for the various editions of champions so you can still play that 4e classic character from back in the day.

Heck, I'm forgiving because I WILL need forgiveness on things. Remember my about me stuff. I can be a space cadet at times and you are probably smarter than I am. But I LOVE champions and I love telling stories... though, this one is mostly not my story (I'm adding and changing things up, partly to make it more 'mine' and partly because the darn thing is like 25 years old (I have the copy for 4e Dark Champions so, yeah).

Anyway, back to the individual threads; I started writing them last night but didn't post because I wanted to try to get them all up relatively close together to each other so no one feels left out. I'll be posting them up throughout the day.

Edited by Papa Bear (see edit history)

You're making lots of work for yourself, Papa Bear, taking on seven solo threads at once. Hopefully this doesn't go on too long before the gang starts getting together.

I admit to having a hard time here. I'm not one for solo RP, and I've never been a fireman. But we'll get through this.

Somehow given the thread name I was expecting to run into and apprehend and arsonist! ^_^