Pathfinder 2e - Curse of the Dead Gods

Hello one and all.

This is a very early interest check into a possible Pathfinder 2e (not the rework version) game, currently just want to see who is interested before putting time into it.

The game would be a dungeon delver heavily inspired by rouge-lite/like games such as Dead Cells and Curse of the dead gods.

I expect the game to have the following;

- Rouge like elements, death of a single party member would reset the dungeon crawl.

- Rooms in the dungeon change each run, along with NPCs you run into etc.

- Start perhaps level 2.

- Gear 'partially' resets if players die.

- There would be 'save points' or 'fast travel' to avoid people repeating lots of the same stuff.

- Majority of game will be combat, but there will be interesting NPCs and puzzles etc. Though not picturing any shopping sprees in a town etc.

Let me know if you have questions.

The reason for that is a mainly, if someone dies but the team continues the dungeon delve, then that person is just sitting and waiting for ages as people slowly get picked off.

There would be some allowances for resurrection or the like, a bit of leeway to allow someone to come back from death if the party is capable of it. Though, at low level I don't see that as possible, perhaps I allow the team to start with something that allows a single revive or similar.

The death and reset is mainly to stop people just sitting out in honesty, and in turn it forces the team to look out for each other in game etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds interesting!

I like the idea of a rogue like game in pathfinder and how it would work! It is something I tossed around in my head, but never got beyond the basic concept.

I don't know enough about pf2e yet to be confident in pulling it off, but would be happy to be a guinea pig player!