Gorsh Night Caller - Orc Bard

Penchant

image.jpeg.801fa656d545b6755a25f22859e3a268.jpegName: Gorsh Night Caller

Class: Bard, Chronicler of Worlds

Race: Dayrunner Orc

Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2894842

Appearance: Gorsh is large and brutish in appearance, though he's clean and well dressed. He is lightly armored and not equipped with an arsenal of weapons as a warrior normally would be. He has an assortment of orcish charms as wall as arcane talismans around his person. He is well spoken and articulates himself with fastidious diction, careful to manage his vowels around his tusks.

Personality: Gorsh is uncharacteristically patient and reserved. Used to being misjudged, he feels that his actions are the foundation of his reputation. He loves learning about the world and finds wonder in even small things of the people and cultures that he encounters. He knows his trade will be an uphill climb but he is resolved to surmount it. He enjoys telling tales, both of his journeys and that he has learned through reading. He especially enjoys singing, but it's... not to everyone's tastes.

Backstory: From an early age, Gorsh showed signs of being gifted with magic. This marked him as a potential candidate as either a shaman or even a chief someday. He was given access to captured materials, including a spell book, from the human lands that the orcs hoped he would be able to glean critical knowledge from. This was indeed the case, but also found access to a world much larger than his tribe would conceive of. There were stories and songs that his ears had never heard. A hunger was fostered in him that tribal life could not sate. He chose instead to become a wanderer.

Well suited physically to the life of a nomad, Gorsh still had a rough start. Encounters with strangers were fraught with suspicion and fear. His overtures of peace were returned with guardedness and hostility. It was not until he came to larger human cities that he was able to enter and engage with a more worldly crowd and a denser mix of other races. He is known both as an entertainer as well as a capable sword arm.

Edited by Penchant (see edit history)

Sure! I did have an error, the Con should be 12 instead of 13. That could be the discrepancy.

20 point buy:

Base Race Level Total

Str 17 +4 +1 (22)

Dex 10 (10)

Con 12 (12)

Int 14 -2 (12)

Wis 10 -2 (8)

Cha 10 -2 (8)

Hah, yeah. Full orc. I know it's not an optimized choice, but I think it's a fun concept. He should be a decent melee combatant with some support abilities. Don't know how survivable he is in light armor, but I'm willing to suffer for my art :D