[Darkness Under Granary] - The Drow City of Kiaransalee

Background

You have discovered that Lord Thistledown, one of the leaders of Granary, was in league with the Drow.  After capturing Thistledown, you met with Lord Wantys, one of the King's Council.

Wantys informed you that Thistledown was dead, but that he had sold a powerful magical heirloom, called the Ruby of Lament to a powerful Drow family.  The King is offering a 50,000 GP bounty for this gem, and your party of adventurers has signed on for this quest...

Wantys said that the Ruby is likely located in the Drow City of Murder, called Che'el Venoch in Drowish.  There are three main houses in Che'el Venoch: The most powerful is Llar Jora, or Three Rats. Their badge is obviously, three rats. The second most powerful is called P'Leik, or Suffering. Their badge is a black skull. The third House is called Ssinssrigg Vlos, or Lust of Blood. Their badge is a red drop.

The House of Ssinssrigg Vlos bought the Ruby, and your party has been given badges of this House to help you on your journey.

Before you went into the Underdark, you were given a bushel of Lantern Gold mushrooms.  You are supposedly traders, looking to sell these valuable mushrooms to the Drow.  Lord Wantys told you they are worth about 2,000 GP in the Underdark. 

%5Bhr%5D%5B%2Fhr%5D

Your first day in the Underdark, you made it to the frontier town called Sun Town.  Here, you spent the night, and you were faced with the choice of going west to a city called Demon Trench, which has a demonic population, or north to a city called Kiaransalee, which has an undead presence.  You have decided to go through Kiaransalee. 

You and a Drow merchant train take a ferry across a large underground lake, and arrive at the other side.  The merchant is going to Kiaransalee as well. 

Mart and Roderick move forward to propose to the Drow merchant that you travel together, with safety in numbers...

The Dorw Merchant looks over Mart, then unexpectedly breaks out into a grin, and shakes Mart's hand.  

He points to himself, "I am Pielch."

He listens to Roderick's offer that it safer to travel together, and he nods, "Agreed."

He whistles for the pack lizards to get into a marching order, then he makes a brief introduction to everyone in your party. 

OOCOk, I am ready to roll again.  Everyone please post something in this thread so I know you're still with us. 

Edited by Tefarek (see edit history)

YW5apop.jpgTPacAMW.jpg

Trixie and Lysme

Health
Trixie 37/37
Lysme 20/20

Spells
Trixie - 5/5/3 (Spent 0/0/0)
Lysme - 2/1

The two Pelorites move into position, muttering prayers to their beloved god. These lightless caverns were a nightmare for the women, the yearned for daylight to fill this godless society.

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

Thorgill whispers (well, in what passes as a whisper for him, anyways) Oi, try t' keep yer holy symbols away while we're wit' this group. If ye ha' to git it out, ye ha' to, but 'tis prolly better t' na' announce yerselves like tha' if ye kin avoid it.

Turning to the merchant, he adds Ye kin refer t' me as Gill. Appreciate ha'in some travel companions down 'ere.

Finally, he wanders over to where Sigille is standing and grins at the half-elf. E'en in this dank an' musty place, yer beauty stands out. What ye say we talk a bit on th' way?

Edited by Balldanor (see edit history)

halfling.png
 Leo Venier fka Marco (aka Jacopo)

Jaco gives the drow merchants a nod before he disappears back into the shadows. He slips to the back of the group to keep an eyes on things and to watch for anyone trailing them.

HP: 18/18

Action

Mission

Get Ruby of lament from Ssinssrigg Vlo (blood). Other families are Llar Jora (3 rats) and P'Leik (skulls)

Jaco's list of oddities

14 poisoned bolts
2 vials marked Healing, plant control ,(non-magical - probably poisoned by orcs)
El Camino's keys
magical? dagger
unopened box of ?

The group having agreed to travel with the merchant, Srileena turned her thoughts to the next destination. She had been guided on this path, and was trying to prepare herself as best she could for whatever outcome came of it.

When the Pelorites started muttering prayers in front of the Drow merchant, and Thorgill reinforced it by pointedly mentioning their holy symbols before the same merchant, she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose for a moment.

Before they reached the city of Kiaransalee, she would likely have to kill the merchant and his companions so they did not speak of these things.

Just to confirm

1. No holy symbols were mentioned or used

2. Please stop treating my post as though my characters are stupid, they would not mutter prayers in front of any drow.

3. They would not mutter anything within earshot of evil non believers.

Thank you.

Mart of Meadowvale

Not entirely sure if he should be greeting a "happy" Drow., he hesitantly shakes his hand and tries to keep a straight face. He tries to repeat his name..

"Pi-eltch, Peeltch.. Peltch." perhaps Peach comes to mind....but I don't know if he even knows what that is.

he shrugs and shakes the hand a bit better. More earnest. "Well Pieltch, are you familiar with this area?"

Mart.png

Posted (edited)

Roderick asks, "So hows business. any paths to take when we return."

OOC

Doing a CHA roll for Roderick...

label

Pielch replies briefly, "Business good. I give you advice once we get where we are going."

Mart says, "Well Pieltch, are you familiar with this area?"

The Drow replies, "Yes, very. Tell your friends to follow my orders, and you will all be fine." Then Pielch takes Mart aside, and speaks to him quietly, occasionally gesturing toward the rest of your party.

Once you are ready to go, the Drow merchant barks out an order in Drowish, and the four pack lizards begin to plod forward. The reptiles are all laden down with large chests. In addition to Pielch, there are six Drow guards for the caravan. Two Drow guards go to the front, and two Drow guards go to the back. The rest are in between, and you are free to go anywhere in the marching order, except ahead or behind the Drow.

In spite of the size of the lizards, they are able to move faster than you can. The beasts effortlessly climb over the most difficult terrain without batting an eye...

Edited by Tefarek (see edit history)
Name
label
1d20 10

halfling.png
 Leo Venier fka Marco (aka Jacopo)

From the shadows, Jaco grins at Mart's new friendship. He continues trailing the group and watching for enemies,

HP: 18/18

Action

Mission

Get Ruby of lament from Ssinssrigg Vlo (blood). Other families are Llar Jora (3 rats) and P'Leik (skulls)

Jaco's list of oddities

14 poisoned bolts
2 vials marked Healing, plant control ,(non-magical - probably poisoned by orcs)
El Camino's keys
magical? dagger
unopened box of ?

Thorgill nods at Sigille, Aye, kin understan' tha'. Ah'm na too fond o' 'em mahself, but if it 'elps us git t' where we're going, ah kin deal wit' tha'. Ah'm certainly goin' t' keep a close eye on 'em though.

Incredible Rangers of Ithilien cosplay : r/lotr

Roderick Human ranger: AC 4, HP: 18

Roderick watches the caravan load up he then will walk with the group in the middle of the caravan. He does try to make conversation about cost of buying one of these lizards, the training required to train them.

Lem Borden

Lem tags along near Pletcher as well.

"Lem's my name, Lem the Traveler. I'm guessing that with your profession, you travel a good deal too. I've travelled a lot ,but mostly top-side I' been from... (and Lem goes on about much of his travels from the previous year,* taking several minutes, finally turning the topic around)

...So how about you? Any interesting locals you been to of late?"

[* meaning details of places Lem visited over a year ago and no place he's seen in the last ten months or so]

Charisma

Name
Charisma
1d20 12