[Darkness Under Granary] - The Drow City of Kiaransalee

On 4/21/2024 at 11:28 PM, robert_gooey said:

As Mart removes himself off of his Lizard, the "Adjusts" himself and stretches out his legs. "Not like riding a horse..." he says. He is appreciative that this group hasn't been ambushed along the way, but the thought that this group must pay homage to someone who calls herself a Spider Princess seemed a bit far fetched.

He shrugs a bit and looks to the others and moves through his group to remind them not to get cocky.

"Thorgill, if you don't mind, please do not speak any words that might offend our hosts. It is bad enough that we are attempting to finish this quest...or mission....or what ever you wish to call it, but I don't have any desire to stay here any longer than I desire. We are at the disadvantage here in this place, and making threats won't do us any good."

and He moves over to Trixie and Lysme. "Ladies, since we are going to have to pay homage to a Princess, and I dare say that you might have better manners than us men, would you please do the honors and represent us when dealing with the Princess? She might be more lenient on us and see you closer to an equal than I, Rogerick or Thorgill. I am not sure if Leo can do a better job than you two."

On 4/21/2024 at 11:28 PM, robert_gooey said:

Mart.png

YW5apop.jpgTPacAMW.jpg

Trixie and Lysme

Health
Trixie 37/37
Lysme 20/20

Spells
Trixie - 5/5/3 (Spent 0/0/0)
Lysme - 2/1

Trixie answered Mart "yes of course we can, I believe that women rule down here so they would be preferable to men" she spoke in soft whisper.

Srileena was glad to be moving along, and not beholden to giant lizards for her life.

She wished to speak to the merchant, to learn as much as she could before reaching the caverns. It never seemed to be the right time, as she was becoming more and more paranoid that something was going to leap out at them from the darkness.

When the merchant announced a new entity to be feared and respected, she grew curious. Drawing up alongside the Drow, she asked, "I have never heard of a spider princess; but would assume she is related to Lloth? Do you know where her relationship is to those of Kiaransalee?"

Posted (edited)

Thorgill looks at Sigille and shrugs, saying moderately quietly, "An' why don' we jus' kill the spider princess? Ah'm na' wantin' t' keep payin' these tolls t' git where we wan' t' go."

Sigille gives him a glare and she shakes her head.

Jaco muses on how the spider came into its position of royalty among spiders. "How does one become a spider princess? " Jaco asks the merchant. " Is a spider born into the role? Or do they just have to eat enough other spiders until they are named princess?"

Pieltch answers, "Is similar to your bloodlines.  Spider is born into the role.  And yes, also spider eats many offspring who might challenge her.  She eats enemies too.  We do not want to be eaten."

Roderick says, "Perhaps offering tribute would save a caravan from dealing with her nest and her. I believe she is not alone. " 

Mart asks Thorgill not to antagonize the spiders, then appeals to Trixie and Lysme, "Ladies, since we are going to have to pay homage to a Princess, and I dare say that you might have better manners than us men, would you please do the honors and represent us when dealing with the Princess? She might be more lenient on us and see you closer to an equal than I, Rogerick or Thorgill. I am not sure if Leo can do a better job than you two."

Trixie answered Mart "yes of course we can, I believe that women rule down here so they would be preferable to men"

Srileena speaks to one of the Drow, "I have never heard of a spider princess; but would assume she is related to Lloth? Do you know where her relationship is to those of Kiaransalee?"

Roll

The Drow replies, "Yes, related to Lolth. All spiders are related to Lolth. No relation to Kiaransalee..."

At this point, Pieltch tosses some hunks of rotten meat into a side passage. Almost immediately, an enormous spider emerges from the shadows. She is shiny and black, with six stout legs, a bulbous hairy back, prismatic eyes, a barbed stinger, and strong mandibles. You hear the spider squeak out some sort of language, then she grabs the rotting flesh and bone, and begins to wrap it with her silk.

After spinning and storing the meat, she crawls up and around the rock walls, watching over each one of your party.

Pieltch speaks again in Drowish, seemingly vouching for your presence, and after an uncomfortable pause, the Spider Princess retreats to the ceiling of the cavern, still keeping a close watch over you.

Pieltch says, "Is ok, we must go quickly now..."

Edited by Tefarek (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d20 13

Thorgill's hand twitches towards the hilt of his sword only momentarily at the appearance of the spider, but he checks himself and scratches his scalp to play off the hesitation. Nodding, he starts moving with the rest of the caravan forward.

halfling.png
 Leo Venier fka Marco (aka Jacopo)

Jaco watches the enormous spider with interest . " She's one of the most honest toll guards that I have ever seen. No shakedowns or other hassles. Just pay the toll and get out of her sight. "

HP: 18/18

Action

Mission

Get Ruby of lament from Ssinssrigg Vlo (blood). Other families are Llar Jora (3 rats) and P'Leik (skulls)

Jaco's list of oddities

14 poisoned bolts
2 vials marked Healing, plant control ,(non-magical - probably poisoned by orcs)
El Camino's keys
magical? dagger
unopened box of ?

Incredible Rangers of Ithilien cosplay : r/lotr

Roderick Human ranger: AC 4, HP: 18

Roderick says, " lets get moving before she decides fresh meat is better. Plus she may have young to feed and I don't want to be on the second course."

He recoils uncontrollably as he see's the spider princess. Something he couldn't help himself do. His hands tighten on the haft of his axe, but he doesn't move against it.

He shivers a bit as he follows Pieltch, but always keeping an eye on the over-grown spider. He thinks to himself...and I thought Ogres were supposed to be ugly...

Okay, let us keep moving....

Mart.png

YW5apop.jpgTPacAMW.jpg

Trixie and Lysme

Health
Trixie 37/37
Lysme 20/20

Spells
Trixie - 5/5/3 (Spent 0/0/0)
Lysme - 2/1

Trixie The two priestesses moved quickly away from the spider, Llolth was still worshipped down here and her righthand bitch was going to join her someday soon. Following their guide the two remained silent, there was nothing they wanted to share at this time.