OOC Banter

Got my characters post up, marked it as WIP and can edit and add anything you need @TheDude2371. I found some funky cool features in Pathbuilder that I was able to copy/paste out of the Firefox code viewer and wanted to slap it into the MW source editor and see what I got. I'm happy with the result!

I am absolutely new to GreyHawk as a setting and need to read up on some stuff before fully committing to a backstory to feed you plot hooks and what have you, but I have a small pitch of what I'll be going for in there.

I did put a lengthy "about me" post in there for folks to enjoy as well. :) Hi! Let's play PF2e and become friends! 👋 I can happily post anything else you want me to add or want to see in there, just ask!

Edited by Spacesong (see edit history)

Ok, I think I'm done setting up stuff as best as possible without any intervention. I'm loving the characters everyone's putting together.

If there's any issues, or if anyone else wants to talk characters let me know :)

Like the fact that my character and yours have both the Merchant background? Just noticing this but thankfully, they're different classes and races. Still, whenever I think kobold bard, I'm always reminded of Deekins.

I don't know how I forgot about Deekins. I saw a primary-caster/support hole and thought I'd go stick a finger in it. Besides I've somehow never played a Kobold.
Hopefully you'll feel we both have distinctly different definitions of 'merchant'

Updated my questionnaire post a bit. No longer several paragraphs and now rearranged to be clear at what it's replying to. I'll answer that last one closer to selection time if that's alright. :)

One question for @TheDude2371 -- do you have any sources we should consider looking at as far as background? It's Greyhawk so I figure it won't be too hard to find info on most anything, but I'm pretty new to the setting and wouldn't mind a primer on the locale we'll be starting in. I already did some looking myself and found some interesting bits about the Azure Sea and how Tabaxi/Catfolk exist within Greyhawk. (basically tribes people hiding off in a jungle to be canon fodder for PCs lmao RIP) But all that stuff I can tie in pretty easily. Stuff like the Circle of Eight and Greyhawk itself I'm familiar with, but being pointed twardso local factions and the movers & shakers of the setting most relevant to the Azure Sea setting would be majorly helpful.

@TheDude2371  With my concept, the extreme alignment of the champion code/causes are not befitting for playing what I have in mind, the Wee Jas champion.

I have a couple options, but want your opinion. First of all, are you okay with homebrew material. I found this on the web, but would need approval to use it:

image.png.0ac49b2453f3bac16f43875c969042ea.png

image.png.1cedc089285bc0aaa5c02b0e96e29be1.png

If not acceptable, I would consider two other options: Make a martially inclined cleric, the other option would be to roll another character entirely.

I don't feel to play a Lawful Good kind of Paladin - this would not fit the rigidity of the Suel culture nor do I feel to play a Tyrant, because, you know, Evil... I don't feel to play a villain or anti-hero too.

Let me know, and I'll take a decision. My eyes are also balling other options for character - I'm not married with the Paladin of Wee Jas idea too.

From what you've said it does sound like a cleric with the Warpriest doctrine would suit your character better, but legacy didn't really treat Warpriests all that well really.
Another alternative is a Fighter or other class with the Cleric Dedication as their Free Archetype. There's a few ways of handling it really.

Got my background updated! Came up with it as I wrote it. I'll give it a few more passes and can add anything that's missing (perhaps more friendly NPCs to pull from?) or remove anything that you feel may not work. Focused on the master/apprentice relationship of a master thief teaching a young protege. I'm going to update one of my skills to be City Lore: Port Torvin since that needs to be specified.

EDIT: I'm pretty much open to collaborate too if anyone wants to connect our backstories in someway if we get selected.