OOC Banter

So the thing to keep in mind about Path2e is your abilities all start at 10 and get bumped up and down based on the choices you choose. The abilities in Pbuilder are found in the gear icon that says "Set Abilities."

Also it may help to have this SRD site open and handy as you go through things. https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx EDIT: Just realized they set the remaster core as default -- click the painbrush and easle icon in the upper right of the page and turn off Remaster content. image.png.bb15a7bc3204c01520b28872b0cc76ce.png

Edited by Spacesong
Updated link to go to the core rules and not ancesteries. (see edit history)

Looks good! I have a character sheet I put together tonight based on my cat Nacho. Just need to come up with a name and some backstory and I'll be set 2 add my hat into the ring. 😤

PF2e, to me, despite having zero experience with it outside of the creation process I just went through, feels really weird and... "off-putting". It might just be my old gamer (monkey) brain screaming at the drastic shift or something (very possible), but it makes me feel all weird to be trying it. Unlike 5e, I didn't even start out disliking it! I just... don't know how I feel about it yet. Other than a vague "weird".

ETA: After some slight contemplation, I have decided to withdraw interest in this game and the system as a whole. I appreciate your help nonetheless, Spacesong, and I hope you get into the game!

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)

I'm certainly interested, and while I remember Greyhawk, I'm not overly familiar with the setting. Are there resources we can access to review the lore, for character backgrounds and such.

Quick question, the Greypath Players Guide lists the Advanced Players Guide as permissible content. However, the Beastmaster and Marshal aren't listed under classes, before I look at mechanics I wanted to ensure that those are on the table, as it were, for inclusion via Free Archetype.

5 hours ago, Zen Gypsy said:

I'm certainly interested, and while I remember Greyhawk, I'm not overly familiar with the setting. Are there resources we can access to review the lore, for character backgrounds and such.

Quick question, the Greypath Players Guide lists the Advanced Players Guide as permissible content. However, the Beastmaster and Marshal aren't listed under classes, before I look at mechanics I wanted to ensure that those are on the table, as it were, for inclusion via Free Archetype.

Beastmaster and Marshal are archetypes, not classes, so that's why they're not on the list for classes.

However, they are allowed as archetypes when level 2 is reached.

9 hours ago, Faeryl_ said:

PF2e, to me, despite having zero experience with it outside of the creation process I just went through, feels really weird and... "off-putting". It might just be my old gamer (monkey) brain screaming at the drastic shift or something (very possible), but it makes me feel all weird to be trying it. Unlike 5e, I didn't even start out disliking it! I just... don't know how I feel about it yet. Other than a vague "weird".

ETA: After some slight contemplation, I have decided to withdraw interest in this game and the system as a whole. I appreciate your help nonetheless, Spacesong, and I hope you get into the game!

Thanks for the initial interest, and sorry to see you bow out.

I kind of felt the same way when I saw the mechanics for PF 2e at first, but was then thrilled and amazed at how more robust and (yes, I'll say it) crazy it is over DD5's sort of "meh" feeling when it comes to characters... let alone how everything makes sense in the back-end when it comes to creating viable encounters and such.

You're welcome to stick around and watch the gameplay, if you like. Perhaps seeing it in action will re-ignite curiosity into the system.

I don't know much about Greyhawk but I'm willing to make a character if you're fine with someone unfamiliar with Greyhawk joining.

I was looking for years to try my Wee Jas paladin/champion concept, and here we are... I'll see if it is viable with PF2 system, but I heard it is quite versatile and modulable so I have good hopes. Otherwise, there is plenty of other character concepts. :3

The more the merrier!

You don't need to be familiar with the setting. It's sort of more for geography and whatnot rather than getting into the massive political intrigue and such.

And we can certainly work out Wee Jas for you. :)