Runes of the Raven

Ace Bronson

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider

As the valkyrie descends on Higvarr, Ranulf's eyes stare at the skies, once again finding nothing as it was often the case. Death in battle, as glorious as it might be, and as desired by many, was still a death, after all. Withdrawing his axe from the chest of the fallen raider, he stares around as the energy of battle sends his limbs limp for a moment. A moment later, as the shouts of victory rile him up, he wakes up to his surroundings and raises the bloody hatchet in the air, turning around the ship.

"For glory! We've all shown our worth... and our tenacity!", he shouts back at the titanic Northern man and his massive waraxe as the Skald leans down. Most everyone's eye being on him clearly unnerves him, as he pulls out a linen rag from his belt and starts cleaning his equipment. Well, I am being seen. Let the skald sing the sagas. I'm not so sure it is what I wanted, but the foe lays slain and the crew lives on, as does our task.

As he is done, he looks down at the rest, a frown appearing on his face. "I bet more than I should have for sake of glory, friends. I'll work to not let pride blind me again, even if the Norns were kind today.", he harrumphs grimly as his back is turned to the sailors and the captain. Only now does he notice Sven's companion's strange complexion and attire and a look of surprise writes itself on his face. "Who's the archer? Is he one of those who live even more north than you? I have heard only stories.", he asks the two Bear-Clan members with a curious voice.

Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43 FP 3/3
AC 23  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 4  Ref 10  Will 3
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +11(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+4AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender) (+1 Nat)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 23, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Action:

Vilrun Grímsdóttir

image.jpeg.4d1dea0e4137a280735c6843b0cd7566.jpeg(during the fight)
Her attacker finally lands some blows on her, and while the armor catches the worst of it, Vilrun grunts in pain. Then Sven steps in to defend her and makes quick work of the man.

When the duel starts, Vilrun is about to silently lend her powers to their champion, but she senses a restraining force.
Very well, it seems I am not to intervene here.

At the end, she shouts her appreciation at the victor with the others, and ignores the fallen one.

She does takes the time to address the remaining crew of raiders, with a simple reminder that must however carry more weight now:

"It is death to lay hand on a Völva. You would do well to remember that."

Hjarlof's kind words melt some of the worry and pain that knotted her muscles, and she rewards him with a bright smile.

Statblock

%5BURL%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fsheet.html%23id%3D2894029%5D%5BB%5D%5BSIZE%3D%2B1%5DVilrun%20Gr%C3%ADmsd%C3%B3ttir%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FB%5D%5B%2FURL%5D%0AF%20NG%20Human%20Shaman%2C%20%5BB%5DLevel%5B%2FB%5D%205%2C%20%5BB%5DInit%5B%2FB%5D%204%2C%20%5BB%5DHP%5B%2FB%5D%2033%2F33%2C%20%5BB%5DSpeed%5B%2FB%5D%2020ft%0A%5BB%5DAC%5B%2FB%5D%2023%2C%20%5BB%5DTouch%5B%2FB%5D%2014%2C%20%5BB%5DFlat-footed%5B%2FB%5D%2021%2C%20%5BB%5DCMD%5B%2Fb%5D%2016%2C%20%5BB%5DFort%5B%2FB%5D%204%2C%20%5BB%5DRef%5B%2FB%5D%206%2C%20%5BB%5DWill%5B%2FB%5D%2012%2C%20%5BB%5DCMB%5B%2FB%5D%20%2B2%2C%20%5BB%5DBase%20Attack%20Bonus%5B%2FB%5D%203%2C%20%20%20%5BB%5DAction%20Points%5B%2FB%5D%203%0A%5BB%5D%20%20MW%20Agile%20Breastplate%20%2B1%5B%2FB%5D%2C%20%5BB%5D%20%20Masterwork%20Buckler%5B%2FB%5D%20(%2B7%20Armor%2C%20%2B1%20Shield%2C%20%2B2%20Dex%2C%20%2B1%20Natural%2C%20%2B1%20Deflect%2C%20%2B1%20Misc)%0A%5BB%5DAbilities%5B%2FB%5D%20Str%20null%2C%20Dex%2014%2C%20Con%2012%2C%20Int%2014%2C%20Wis%20null%2C%20Cha%2014%0A%5BB%5DCondition%5B%2FB%5D%20Haste%20(2%2F5r)%0A%0ASpells%20prepared%20typically%3A%0A0%20Arcane%20Mark%2C%20Create%20Water%2C%20Detect%20Magic%2C%20Light%0A1%20%0A%5B%20%5D%20Entangle%0A%5B%20%5D%20Expeditious%20Retreat%0A%5B%20%5D%20Heightened%20Awareness%0A%5B%20%5D%20Monkey%20Fish%0A%5B%20%5D%20Shadow%20Trap%0A%5B%20%5D%20Identify%0A2%0A%5B%20%5D%20Burst%20of%20Radiance%0A%5B%20%5D%20Commune%20with%20Birds%0A%5B%20%5D%20Flame%20Blade%20(refluffed)%0A%5B%20%5D%20Winter's%20Grasp%0A%5B%20%5D%20Tongues%0A3%0A%5BX%5D%20Haste%0A%5BX%5D%20Stinking%20Cloud%0A%5B%20%5D%20Locate%20Object
Vilrun Grímsdóttir
F NG Human Shaman, Level 5, Init 4, HP 33/33, Speed 20ft
AC 23, Touch 14, Flat-footed 21, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 6, Will 12, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 3, Action Points 3
MW Agile Breastplate +1, Masterwork Buckler (+7 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect, +1 Misc)
Abilities Str null, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis null, Cha 14
Condition Haste (2/5r)

Spells prepared typically:
0 Arcane Mark, Create Water, Detect Magic, Light
Entangle
Expeditious Retreat
Heightened Awareness
Monkey Fish
Shadow Trap
Identify
Burst of Radiance
Commune with Birds
Flame Blade (refluffed)
Winter's Grasp
Tongues
[X] Haste
[X] Stinking Cloud
Locate Object

Edited by namo (see edit history)

GrayOwlFinal.jpg.3eefbd675679ccad5a4af476bd1ead90.jpgGrey-Feather 🪶Hunter and Spirit Guide 🪶

Stats

Male NG Human (Shaman 2/ Slayer 3)

Level 5, Init 4, HP 43/43Speed 30, AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 17, 

CMD 22, Fort 7, Ref 9, Will 8, 

CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 4

+1 Composite Longbow +11 (1d8+4, x3)
Tomahawk (Throwing Axe) 9(1d6+3, x2)
Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)
+1 Mistmail (Chain Shirt) ( +5 Armor, +4 Dex)

Abilities Str 16, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 13

Conditions:

At the moment of Ranulf's final blow, to the enemy captain's chest, Grey Feather gathers a heavy pinch of the sacred herbs from a small pouch that hangs at his waist and very quietly begins singing a low, rhythmic, chanting, prayer that none would hear unless they were within a few feet.

When the tall, one-eyed man Grey-Feather had glimpsed several times in the preceding days, once at the docks and once outside the banquet hall, but whom he also recognizes from his dreams, approaches, Grey Feather is already setting light to the crushed pile of herbs he now holds in a small stone bowl. He protects the bowl with one hand as smoke wafts up and is quickly whipped away in the blustery morning air.

Grey Feather's looks stoicly upon the god-touched man when he poses his questions, still gripping the heavy weapon at his side. But Grey Feather only continues with his task, refocusing on the bowl and and his prayers. If he is to be struck down, he will do so pleasing his ancestors. Nixtli, however, never takes her bright, unblinking eyes off the tall man.

Grey feather steps up to Sven, slowly, and raises the smoking bowl to allow some of the smoke to waft over Sven's face and head. He then, wordlessly moves past him. He moves around the ship, stopping briefly at each man and woman and each fallen soldier, both ally and enemy, and allows the smoke from the bowl to waft over their bodies as he continues the low singing chant. After he blesses the last man and last deceased body aboard the ship, he raises the bowl above his head briefly before emptying the remaining ashes into the sea. He stows the bowl and only now turns his attention to the crew of the ship, all of whom are now watching him incredulously.

"I AM GREY-FEATHER OF THE PEOPLE OF THE TWILIGHT SKY WHO LIVE BEYOND THE GREAT SEA!" Grey Feather announces boldly and loudly enough for the whole ship to hear. "THIS IS NIXTLI, GREAT OWL, AMBASSADOR OF THE SACRED SMOKE AND GUARDIAN OF THE GATES OF CHANGE," he continues, his voice settling as he addresses only the five warriors who have drawn near, all of whom he has seen in his dreams.

Grey Feather looks to each warrior, in turn, pausing longer on Hjarlof, with whom he is most familiar, having tracked him through the mountains for many months. He makes only brief eye-contact with the tall, red-haired seer, whom he knows has also seen him in her own visions.

"We are not of these lands and belong to no clan that call home to these shores," Grey Feather continues looking at the tall one-eyed warrior who had asked the question. "But I am called friend to the Eohling, The People of the Elk. And I am held in high honor among my tribe as Huntsmaster and Unsworn Shaman. I have come from across the wide sea to lend my bow and tomahawk in aid to the kin of the white bear and any who call them friend," Grey Feather concludes, stoically awaiting the responses of those before him.

OOC

Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Screenshot_20240410-164308.png.78c9d5b6e8ceae39dd0da30bf522e812.png

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

(Master gains +3 Perception in Dim light and Darkness)

Tiny animal

Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10

DEFENSE

AC 16, touch 15, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 size, NA +1)
HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

Speed 10 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
Melee 2 talons +5 (1d4–2)
Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.

STATISTICS

Str 6, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 15, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 9
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +7, Perception +11, Stealth +15; Racial Mods +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

Familiar Class Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim

Familiar Feats: Alertness (master), Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link

Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

(Grey Feather can change his Spirit and Wandering Hex daily. It will be listed here)

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

Smoke Friend: See through smoke, fog and mist.

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Edited by Eborne1 (see edit history)

spacer.pngHjarlof Hornblower Skald of Clan Hvítabiôrning

The white bear. Hjarlof was thrown back in time to the cave. He staggers backwards a step involuntarily. The last moments of his friend before being whisked off to his feasting halls flash in all to vivid color before his eyes. "YOU WERE THERE." Hjarlof states, a low growl coming after the last word. "Why have you chosen now to reveal yourself? The Great White Bear was my kinsman, and that of Ulfgrim, and my friend. What do you know of him and us?"

It was unusual for the melodic voice of the Skald to sound like gravel under a keel of a boat being beached. But this was triggering a well of emotions still not capped and close to brimming over.

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

OOC:

Edited by Xssisha (see edit history)

image.png.3103afd1221497ed464c97f3a38200e3.png

ᛋᚢᛖᚾ One-Eye - Oracle of the Stormrjotnrung 5

HP: 41/41 | AC: 24/14/21 | CMD: 22/19 | Speed: 30/20ft | Hero: 1/3 

Initiative: +4 | Perception: +8 | Fort: +5 | Ref: +5 | Will: +6

Surprising Charge: 1/1 | Fortune | Spells Slots: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

Active Effects | Consumables | Spells | Abilities | Skills | Curses

Sven waits as the smoke ritual is completed, somehow knowing there's no threat in it, though it looks like some seiðr ritual. He wipes his blade clean and sheathes it, then sets down the weight of his shield to rest as the man returns and speaks in his accent, broken, thick, yet understandable. "The- White Bear?" Sven asks, uncertainly. He'd heard stories of the hero who'd traveled with these others before, fallen to some monstrous creature that warped the flesh of men. The stories did say he could take the shape of a great bear, and fought with ferocity when he did. "I know not these people of the Elk, or this land across the seas. You are clearly skilled with the bow, and helped when you could have stayed hidden." His face twitches, as though the eye beneath the eyepatch is moving by its own will, focusing on the owl while his visible eye focuses on the man. "I sense something odd about you, is that owl your... fylgja?" He closes his good eye, trying to see if he can still see it. Can everyone see it? Then he shakes his head, discarding the distraction, "I ask again, why are you on our ship? Speak plain, not in riddles only the völvas can understand."

OOC/Actions

Other:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Free:

Full Round:

Hands: Sword + Shield

Immediate:

Brynhildr - 130lb

Brynhildr (130.5/228lb):
-Bedroll
-Blanket x2
-Fishing Kit
-Furs
-Mess Kit
-Oil x4
-Soap
-Alchemists' Fire x3
-Feed x5
-Fishing Net
-Mead, 1 gallon
-Bit and Bridle
-Saddle
-Saddlebags
-Tent (small)
-Tent Cover
-Longspear

Gear - 86.5lb

Worn

-+1 Agile Breastplate
-Cold Weather Outfit
-Eye Patch
-Valknut
-Týr's Spear
-Hip Flask
-Boots of Meili
-Signal Horn

Weapons

-Gungnirdottir
-Silver Sword
-Dagger
-Raven Shield
-Ice Bear Claws

Containers

Sash
-2x Alchemists' Fire
-2x Potions CLW
-2x Scrolls
-Bravery Brew
-Heiðrún's Mead

Belt Pouch
-Flint and Steel
-Magnet
-Sewing Needle
-Twine
-Whetstone
-Dice
-Thread
-548.05gp

MW Backpack
-Freyr's Rod
-Climber's Kit
-2x Sacks
-Silk Rope
-5x Trail Rations
-Waterproof bag
-Waterskin

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)

Ulfgrim Ironhide, Warrior from the North

spacer.pngULFGRIM IRONHIDE - Northern Barbarian

QUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=13, FF=18 / HP=52/55 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=9, Reflex=5, Will=6

After Hjarlof lifts Ulfgrim's spirit with words of praise regarding the barbarian's battle prowess and heals most of the warrior's wounds with voice-empowered verses known to Skalds, Ulfgrim leans down and says in a lowered voice, "Thank you my brother.  Your words have renewed my soul." 

Thereafter, when Ranulf shouts words of praise and glory to Ulfgrim and the other worthy combatants around the ship, the large barbarian smiles and slightly raises and tips his axe in a return salute recognizing Ranulf's and the other survivors' equivalent bravery and glory.

However, when several members of the armed contingent bring up the unexpected appearance of an Outlander on board during the fight with the pirates, the controversy draws the large warrior's immediate attention.  

Ulfgrim had briefly noticed the bowman during the skirmish, after all it was hard to miss someone with charcoal dark hair, smokey eyes, burnt brown skin, who is bedecked in feathers and rune marked armor and weapons. 

Such was especially true when the bowman had introduced himself to Ulfgrim by zipping a pair of arrows directly past his head, both fired with lightning speed as they 'zinged' past his ear just before burying themselves into the raider whom the barbarian was fighting.

After the apparent stowaway had lit small bowl of herbs on fire and had approached both the living and dead to allow its smoke to waft over them, Ulfgrim is not surprised when the fellow reveals that he is a Shaman after the smoke ritual, but he is shocked when the man claims to hail from across the boundless great sea.

Strange talk, thinks Ulfgrim to himself.  The Shaman claims to know of the White Bear, the depths of which has been tested by Hjarlof.  This, coupled with the one-eyed warrior, Sven's, direct questioning of Grey-Feather, however, allows the barbarian to wait and hear the stowaway's response before speaking as he puts the finishing touches on his War Axe and then stows his whetstone.

Mechanics

Free Action: Speak

Move Action:

Swift Action:

Move:  

Standard Action: Sharpen Axe with Whetstone and then stow Whetstone in Pack

Continuing Effects: None

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

GrayOwlFinal.jpg.3eefbd675679ccad5a4af476bd1ead90.jpgGrey-Feather 🪶Hunter and Spirit Guide 🪶

Stats

Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)

Conditions:

"Yes." Grey Feather responds to the horn bearer's pronouncements. "It is because you are the bear's kinsman that I am here. It is because of that that I now offer you my aid."

"It is true that I was there in the cave those many months ago, though I arrived too late to be of aid."

"Know that while I never knew the bear in this world, I hold him at the highest place of honor in my heart. As for you and the axe dancer, I know some. But mostly I know that the bear trusted you. It is for this reason that I trust you and will fight for you, as I have shown."

Grey Feather does not disclose the truth of his dream visions and why he'd been in the cave and why he'd fled, though he knows it will come forth sooner or later.

He does not blame Hjarlof for his rancor. After all, he'd witnessed the man's mournful expression of pain at the bear's passing; felt it. He knows the wound is unhealed.

"My story is long and I promise that it will be told when the time is right," he says, turning his smoky gaze back over to the tall, one-eyed soldier. "I cannot claim to know the designs of the great spirit... When the moon will shine and when it will remain hidden but it is of the utmost importance to me and my people that I accompany and aid you on this path. I could not risk being turned away by those who might fear one who does not look as they look, speak as they speak or call the great spirits by the names they use. That is why I hid aboard your... ship," he says, recalling the word after thinking ships were giant birds for many years.

"I do not ask for your trust," Grey Feather says, addressing the group. "I only ask for the chance to earn it."

Nixtli shuffles her feet on Grey Feather's shoulder and turns her head momentarily around backwards before returning her gaze to fore.

"I do not know all your words," Grey Feather says to the one-eyed soldier. "This creature lives part in this world and part in the next. It is a tether that binds my spirit to the dreamworld. It is also a friend."

OOC

Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

Tiny animal

DEFENSE

HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

STATISTICS

Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Fly +7, Perception +11, Stealth +15; Racial Mods +4 Perception, +4 Stealth

Familiar Feats: Alertness (master), Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link

Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

(Grey Feather can change his Spirit and Wandering Hex daily. It will be listed here)

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

spacer.pngHjarlof Hornblower Skald of Clan Hvítabiôrning

"Well, Grey Feather. You aided us when it was not your fight, and though I have difficulty with understanding some of what you say, I vote to give you that chance to earn our trust. Know though, that if the group agrees, it would be we and not our Jarls that do so. When this is resolved, they may be of different mind than we."

Hjarlof was not uttering threats, but merely stating the truth. The politics of being a Jarl some times seemed to fly in the face of reason.

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

OOC:

"Fylgja. Spirit-animal. Yes." Sven says slowly and loudly to make the words more easily understood for the foreigner. "Normally no-see. Yours, different." Maybe the simple words will help with translation. "You come with us. Fight with us. Good by me." He nods resolutely and holds out a big hand to the stranger.

OOC/Actions

Other:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Free:

Full Round:

Immediate:

Brynhildr - 130lb

Brynhildr (130.5/228lb):
-Bedroll
-Blanket x2
-Fishing Kit
-Furs
-Mess Kit
-Oil x4
-Soap
-Alchemists' Fire x3
-Feed x5
-Fishing Net
-Mead, 1 gallon
-Bit and Bridle
-Saddle
-Saddlebags
-Tent (small)
-Tent Cover
-Longspear

Gear - 86.5lb

Worn

-+1 Agile Breastplate
-Cold Weather Outfit
-Eye Patch
-Valknut
-Týr's Spear
-Hip Flask
-Boots of Meili
-Signal Horn

Weapons

-Gungnirdottir
-Silver Sword
-Dagger
-Raven Shield
-Ice Bear Claws

Containers

Sash
-2x Alchemists' Fire
-2x Potions CLW
-2x Scrolls
-Bravery Brew
-Heiðrún's Mead

Belt Pouch
-Flint and Steel
-Magnet
-Sewing Needle
-Twine
-Whetstone
-Dice
-Thread
-548.05gp

MW Backpack
-Freyr's Rod
-Climber's Kit
-2x Sacks
-Silk Rope
-5x Trail Rations
-Waterproof bag
-Waterskin

Stats

Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)

Conditions:

"A-HO!!" Grey Feather calls out loudly, and boldly toward the sky; a celebratory cry.

"Your acceptance now is all that matters to Grey Feather," he proclaims, placing a hand over his heart, gesturing to Hjarlof. "My tomahawk will taste the blood of our enemies."

He turns and accepts Sven's hand, grasping his arm high, near the elbow. "F-fylgja-ja," he tries poorly to pronounce the word. "Yes. Spirit Animal... Spirit Nixtli..." Nixtli hoots boldly at the sounding of her name. The owl's deep call is low and not so loud but carries clearly on the wind and farther than it seems it should.

Grey Feather looks to the rest of the group of warriors and the captain to gauge their feelings.

OOC

Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

Tiny animal

DEFENSE

HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

STATISTICS

Feats Weapon Finesse

Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Ulfgrim Ironhide, Warrior from the North

spacer.pngULFGRIM IRONHIDE - Northern Barbarian

QUICK STATS:  AC=20, Touch=13, FF=18 / HP=52/55 / Init=4 / Saves: Fort=9, Reflex=5, Will=6

Ulfgrim Ironhide echoes Sven's feelings saying matter-of-factly, "During the battle, Grey-Feather proved his ability with the bow in my eyes. He fired arrows all around me during combat, sinking the vast majority of the deadly projectiles into the enemy, with he and I combining to kill three of the pirates in a handful of moments!"

"The Outlander is one of the better shots with a bow that I've seen in combat in the past handful of years. In my eyes, Grey-Feather has earned an opportunity to join our efforts and to continue to prove himself as he has requested," the massive warrior says while looking the stranger up-and-down to gauge his reaction.

Mechanics

Free Action: Speak

Move Action:

Swift Action:

Move:  

Standard Action:

Continuing Effects: None

Name
Sense Motive of Iron Feather
1d20+1 3

Sven's mouth turns downward in a slight frown as the numbers slain are mentioned. He only defeated one of the raiders, not that he was counting. And he had pulled back to defend, only to have the man (who later dueled the leader to the death) run past him fiercly into battle. Since the injury they'd treated him differently on the field. And now as years passed they called him 'old man', with his fading eyesight and creaking joints. War was a young man's game, and proving himself up to the task was a constant fight of its own. Was he dulled by time and age? Was he too long in the tooth to keep up? Maybe next battle, he could show them a thing or two. Or maybe his back would give out and his beard would turn silver before then. Only the gods knew.

OOC/Actions

Other:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Free:

Full Round:

Immediate:

Brynhildr - 130lb

Brynhildr (130.5/228lb):
-Bedroll
-Blanket x2
-Fishing Kit
-Furs
-Mess Kit
-Oil x4
-Soap
-Alchemists' Fire x3
-Feed x5
-Fishing Net
-Mead, 1 gallon
-Bit and Bridle
-Saddle
-Saddlebags
-Tent (small)
-Tent Cover
-Longspear

Gear - 86.5lb

Worn

-+1 Agile Breastplate
-Cold Weather Outfit
-Eye Patch
-Valknut
-Týr's Spear
-Hip Flask
-Boots of Meili
-Signal Horn

Weapons

-Gungnirdottir
-Silver Sword
-Dagger
-Raven Shield
-Ice Bear Claws

Containers

Sash
-2x Alchemists' Fire
-2x Potions CLW
-2x Scrolls
-Bravery Brew
-Heiðrún's Mead

Belt Pouch
-Flint and Steel
-Magnet
-Sewing Needle
-Twine
-Whetstone
-Dice
-Thread
-548.05gp

MW Backpack
-Freyr's Rod
-Climber's Kit
-2x Sacks
-Silk Rope
-5x Trail Rations
-Waterproof bag
-Waterskin

Stats

Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)

Conditions:

"Your words honor me before my ancestors' gaze," Grey Feather says to Ulfgrim, putting a hand over his heart, gesturing as he did to Hjarlof.

OOC

Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

Tiny animal

DEFENSE

HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

STATISTICS

Feats Weapon Finesse

Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round:

Ranulf.JPG.4fad043419b1e11ce6a1f0039bafcf1d.JPGRanulf the Rooster  Human Raider

During the meeting, Ranulf had remained half in his thoughts, half in the observation of the newcomer. An assistance he was, no doubt about it, and as he lets the more gregarious of the quest speak, his eyes glaze on the horizon, the two boats, and his own memories of years before, scaling longship sides and claiming foes under his axes.

The mention of the 'white bear', however, seems to shock him like lightning coming from a clear sky. Narrowing his eyes at this Gray-Feather, he listens with a cynical look at arms glazed as the so called man of the Twilight sky postpones his explanation. The White Bear clan, of course, was all too happy to accept the newcomer's explanation. And I considered offering mercy to the raider. One must look into his own heart first, a thought of rationale sneaks to counter his thoughts.

"A keen eye, supple hand, and conviction strong enough to travel the Great Sea. We'll hear your story when you tell it, Gray-Feather!"

Stats

Ranulf TN Human (URogue 5)

Init 5  Speed 30  HP 43/43 FP 3/3
AC 23  Touch 15  Flat-footed 13 CMD 22
Fort 4  Ref 10  Will 3
Base Attack Bonus 3
Primary Weapon: Mwk Boarding Axe (2) (at will) +11(1d6+5/7)
Armor: Studded Leather Armour - Light Armor - (+4AC) (+5Dex) (+2 Shield when Weapons drawn) (+1 Combat Expertise, Threatening Defender) (+1 Nat)
Abilities:  Str 10, Dex 23, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 12
Conditions: None
Special Abilities

Sneak Attack +3d6
Debilitating Injury (Ex)
Minor Magic (Read Magic)
Arcane Strike (Sp)

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Action:

Stats

Long Spear 9(1d8+3, x3)

Conditions:

"And my own people will hear the story of your mighty victory today when I return triumphant to my homeland, warrior," Grey Feather replies to Ranulf, sensing the man's expected wariness. Again he gestures with a hand over his heart.

OOC

Nixtli and Spirit Magic

Nixtli Stats

"Ashes"

OWL (Adjusted)

Tiny animal

DEFENSE

HP 19
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE

STATISTICS

Feats Weapon Finesse

Current Spirit Magic

Smoke:

Constant 20% Concealment

SPIRIT

Smoke

WANDERING HEX

PREPARED SPELLS

Cheetah's Sprint

Dancing Darkness

Monkey Fish

SPIRIT MAGIC

Obscuring Mist

Combat Actions

Free:

Swift:

Move:

Standard:

Full Round: