For you with cards (no card you are not done making character)

spacer.pngStella Sucredes

"Fighting the darkness of my fallen angel heritage and taking it one day at a time."

Theme: Oh for a muse of fire

bold=speech/normal=whisper/italics=thoughts

AC 12/(  ) HP 8/8 Init 2 Fort Ref 4 Will 6

Female LN Aasimar Wizard - Conjurer - Chronomancer,

Level 1 Init 2 HP 8/8 Speed 30'  
AC 12 Touch 12 F-F 10 CMD 11 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 6 CMB -1 BAB 0  Special DR5 Cold, Electricity and Acid
*Dagger -1 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)  (+2 Dex)
Str 8 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 14 Cha 16

Arcane Duelist 5/5 +1 to DC or +2 vs SR or +2 to hit

Shift 8/8 (Swift Action no AOO) 5' Dimension Door 

Temporal Pool 6/6pts
* Forewarned: 1 pt Add 1d4 to initiative (self or 30' ally)

* Rewind: Immediate Action unsuccessful spell from failed concentration, successful save, failed SR contest etc spend 1/2 spell level in pts to regain spell in memory (not components or action)..

Spells

0 (All) currently in memory Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Dancing Lights.

1st (4) Color Spray, Crafter's Fortune, Ears of the City, Feather Fall, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile [opposition], Secluded Grimoire,

Alchemical Items

Acid Flask (1) = Alchemical Focus

Alchemist's Fire (4/4)

Weapon Blanch (Silver) (2/2)

Weapon Blanch (Cold Iron) (1)

Condition None

Stella grins girlishly.. "Always liked you Lemmy, knew you'd do well whatever choices you made. As for those others? Well..", purring the words out, giving the distinct impression she held those others in low regard without flat out saying so. She lifts her glass in response to Lemmy's toast, then sips from it.

She flicks her irridescent gaze to take in the room's occupants, her expression mild but no longer smiling. "As for killing children, well needless to say I'm utterly opposed to the idea. Personally, I'd recommend armor, having a sap on hand and courage in one's convictions.", she purrs, her tone mild and only mildly reproachful. "I propose the victory conditions being all the thugs dead, none of us dead, all the kids alive and in one piece."

Pausing for a moment, perhaps for dramatic effect or to gauge the atmosphere in the room, she adds.."Or you could leave the children to me.. I have an assortment of take down magics. Additionally, if anyone has any spare cash, I could try and make some tanglefoot bags. I would just need the cash for the materials."

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

spacer.png

Lemmy Lemmock, Summoner
HP: 10/10
AC: 16 Touch: 13 Flat-Footed: 14
CMD: 11
Conditions:

Lemmy grunted and passed over the plate of mushrooms to the new guy after taking a few more for himself. "You always did have a knack for mixing stuff up." He praised Stella. "And I'd have to agree with her, if you're talking about that bastard's underaged 'helpers.' Them, we can subdue. I'm not here to kill kids. I'm here because someone said there was a shot at stopping a certain menace that's been the cause of a lot of pain in my life." He looked around. "And by the looks of things, I'm not the only person he stomped on. We'll want to be sure we have a lot of friends for this endeavor, if we're serious about it." And here the gnome smiled, taking a small bow.

"As luck would have it...I have a lot of friends. Theodore Lemmick, Academia dropout, stablehand...Maker of Friends."

Moopsy Stats

EIDOLON - "Moopsy" (Serpentine)
Free Evolutions: Bite, Reach (Bite), Tail, Tail Slap, Climb, Darkvision
FEATS: Combat Reflexes
SKILLS: Perception +3, Climb +4, Intimidate +3, Swim +4
Evolution Pool: Improved Natural Armor (1), Trip- with Bite (2)
Lv 1: 11 HP, 12 AC, Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +2
Bite 10 foot reach +2, 1d6+1 (Plus Trip at +6 CMB)
Tail Slap +2 1d6+1

"Hello. You can call me Theodor." He replied as the gnome introduced himself and heard his name, noting it was almost exactly like his. "Without the e at the end, mind you. Is there anything else we can call you to avoid confusion? If not, just call me Theo then. No wait, that still counts on confusing who's referring to who. That said, you're friend there is referring to you by a different name. A nickname I assume?"

spacer.png

Lemmy Lemmock, Summoner
HP: 10/10
AC: 16 Touch: 13 Flat-Footed: 14
CMD: 11
Conditions:

The gnome scratched at his chin. "You have to become a friend before I let you call me 'Lemmy.' Stella's earned that privilege - she used to let me crib her class notes before circumstances caused us to part ways. For now...Lemmick works." He concluded, having another look around the room. "Keep talking, I'm going to see what else there is to eat around here." The gnome hopped down from the chair, leaving the others to continue socializing.

Moopsy Stats

EIDOLON - "Moopsy" (Serpentine)
Free Evolutions: Bite, Reach (Bite), Tail, Tail Slap, Climb, Darkvision
FEATS: Combat Reflexes
SKILLS: Perception +3, Climb +4, Intimidate +3, Swim +4
Evolution Pool: Improved Natural Armor (1), Trip- with Bite (2)
Lv 1: 11 HP, 12 AC, Fort +1, Reflex +5, Will +2
Bite 10 foot reach +2, 1d6+1 (Plus Trip at +6 CMB)
Tail Slap +2 1d6+1

"Understood. Lemmick it is. Also do help yourself to some wine if you wish. Our host was kind enough to provide some refreshments, even though they have yet to make an appearance." Theodor nodded at the gnome then looked at Stella, having heard her mentioning of her magic and how it can restrain the children. "That's good. As for the tanglefoot bags, I suggest not trying to make them right now. We need to wait for our host to return and choose from among us on who's dealing with Gaedren Lamm. Personally, I am hoping to be chosen to do so, but for those who are not, their hopes should be carried by those who are sent to deal with that crochety bastard."

Without even opening his eyes, Declan knew he was swimming back up to consciousness, because he could hear the giggling again. That damned imp still going. He (if it even was a 'he.' Declan never knew) never slept in his head.

He felt a fresh stab of pain behind his eyes, not from the unwanted occupant in his mind, but leftover protests from his body from the night before.

He put a hand to his forehead and felt something stuck there. Something flat, like a playing card. He plucked it free and pried his eyes open just enough to look at it -- The Juggler.

He was about to dismiss it and toss it away when he turned it over and saw the note. The name woke him up as if it had been shouted in his face: Gaedren

He sat straight up and had only an instant to register the hard floor before his head smacked against something that felt even harder.

A table, he thought. I'm under a table.

As he rubbed the spot on the crown of his head he blinked, bringing the rest of the room into focus. The tavern was quiet, with only one or two other poor slobs passed out, but at least they sat upright.

Now he remembered -- he was celebrating another successful job (He defined "successful" as a job not thwarted or otherwise interrupted by the laughing thing inside his head), and he'd paid his long-running tab and bought a few bottles for good measure, bottles that were now empty and rolling around under the table with him.

He looked down at the card and the note. Oh, yes, he indeed knew Gaedren. They went way back. If it weren't for Gaedren turning on him, he wouldn't have been forced into self-employment. That, of course, led to the job where...

The giggling came on, harder this time, his mind going fuzzy in the process, like it always did when the little wretched thing pushed through. Declan tried holding it back, but the giggles crept out anyway, small at first, then building in pitch as they burst forth.

He fought it again, like he did countless times, the gibbering, accompanied by whispered voices, sounding like they were right in his ears. He jumped, looking right and left, even as he got the giggling under control.

His outburst had gotten Vonn's attention. The half-orc was wiping down the counter, and narrowed his eyes at Declan, muttering a curse.

Declan leapt to his feet, fighting the swimming sensation in his head, either from his hangover or the imp, he wasn't sure.

"Hey, barkeep," he said, "how bout a breakfast beer for the road?"

The big man jerked a thumb at the door. "Piss off, ya mad fool!"

"What?" Declan offered a real grin, along with a dramatic shrug. "I settled up wit' ya last night, didn't I?"

"Yeah," Vonn said. "Now, get outta here 'fore ya run up another tab I gotta wait forever for you to pay!"

Declan made a show of straightening his meager clothes, and offered an exaggerated bow. "I bid you, adieu!"

"Yeah, yeah," Vonn growled now pointing at the door. "Just a-doo it now!"

Edited by The Mighty Pen (see edit history)

Zellara.png.ed7e110d8240a50549eb4f0c31e71cc1.png

As the fortune teller finally entered the cozy chamber of her home, a solemn yet determined air surrounded her. Her presence commanded attention as she addressed the assembled group, her voice carrying the weight of sorrow and resolve.

"Thank you for coming, my friends," she began, her tone soft yet unwavering, "and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I am Zellara Esmeranda." There was a hint of apology in her words, as if she regretted resorting to such covert means of communication.

She explained her need for secrecy, revealing the threat that loomed over her should her intentions be discovered. A vicious man, Gaedren Lamm, had brought great harm to her and each of them, she recounted, his cruelty matched only by his ability to evade justice.

With a heavy heart, Zellara recounted the loss of her precious heirloom, her exquisite harrow deck, stolen by Lamm's pickpockets, and the later attempt to retrieve it came at a terrible cost—her son's life. Her voice trembled slightly as she spoke of her son's tragic fate, the pain of loss still raw in her heart.

"I sought help but found none," she confessed, her frustration evident. "And so I took matters into my own hands, seeking justice for my son and all those wronged by Gaedren's wickedness."

Zellara's eyes scanned the faces of those gathered, a mixture of gratitude and determination shining in her gaze. "I was not expecting so many to respond to my call for aid," she admitted, a hint of surprise in her voice, "but I am grateful for your courage and your willingness to stand against this tyranny."

She spoke of the task ahead, "I need a small group to strike against Gaedren and his minions to free the innocent victims trapped in his clutches." With a solemn resolve, she pulled out her harrow deck and sat at the table, clearing it and laying out cards face down.

As she finished spreading four cards upside down, a sense of purpose filled the room, a shared determination to bring justice to those who had suffered at the hands of Gaedren Lamm. Zellara's presence, though haunted by tragedy, radiated strength and resilience.

"Those of you not selected, I will call on you if any of these fail in their task."

She started to flip over the cards ...