8w_gremlin

token_1.png.26f3c40083f39a76adc86a9889eb87a4.pngEllu Minayum

Evasion: 9 | Armor Score: 3 |

Armor Slots ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ | HP ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ | Stress ▣ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ |

Hope ▣ ▣ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐

Passive: Arcane Sense (class)

Reactions: Luckbender (per session)

Token actions this combat: 0

Ellu sighed. So much for his ability to leverage useful information from locals. "Ah, so she's not imbibing at the moment? Fair enough, and our thanks."

They turned to the others. "Not that I'm opposed to painting a pretty rock, but given our fun on the way here, I'd rather get our package handed off first, then we can talk about wrestling people's arms, yes?"

The barman lost Ivy at the "new crops". She was a city girl after all. Whatever the man expected her to say, she could not do it - Ivy completely spaced out. The idea that all speech could be some code to separate those who are allowed to see Arcanist from those who could not simply did not cross her mind.

"Yeah, thanks. We have a package for her. We'll catch her in her house then. Bye!"

Ivy turned to the exit where she could be happily reunited with her boots.

As Ivy turns to collect her boots, she notices that they are swinging a little more vigorously than when she left them, as she gets there she notices a couple of small candies and a tiny carved wooden doll, as well as her boots, have never looked so shiny and new, since she got them. All the scuffs have been buffed and repaired.

As she looks around she notices that all the group's boots have candies and small carved wooded gifts in them, and all the boots and shoes look pristine. The Clank at the door looks at her placing his finger to his mouth in a Shush manner, He looks to the rafters and back at her and winks.

Hope ▣ ▣ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐

"Oh, thank goodness," Ellu muttered under their breath. Ivy going for the shoes meant he could go for his own. Having the bent of his feet exposed made his ankles itch. At the sight of the candy and figurines, he pauses and squints. Something crackles behind his eyes as he assesses the new objects.

((OOC: Ellu's just going to make sure they aren't radiating any magic before touching them.))

Ellu’s past taught him the usefulness of being flashy as a means of influencing a mark, but that means he also understands that it’s better not to draw attention unless it serves a purpose. There’s a slight tilt to his head that his companions would find familiar, and if they happened to be looking directly at his multi-faceted eyes, the slightest, rippling spark of something electric crosses their compound surface.

To strangers, it’s a brief moment of the husky faerie cracking his neck. A common gesture from a common wanderer.

"Aah.. Um..." For a full minute, Ivy did not know what to say. She glanced at Ellu, back at her boots, then carefully took out the gifts not sure what to do with them.

"Um," repeated she, "thank you?"

Ivy put on her boots, tucked candies in her backpack and winked at Clank. "I like the service here!" Declared she, leaving the facility.

Hope ▣ ▣ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐

Ellu gave a bemused shrug at Ivy's look. "I had an aunt who liked to leave trinkets for mortals when they weren't looking. Never quite made sense to me, but when in Hush, I suppose."

He gave his own polite nod back to the clank. "Thanks much for the help." He gestures to the others, hoping they'll follow the faeries out the door so this odd delivery job can be settled before some less benign surprise manifests.

clank2.png.66bd78dd70e80256135d1a177ee0bc9a.pngThe clank, a mechanical man perched at the edge of the Clover Tavern, turns its head toward the newcomers. Its voice, tinged with the whirring and clicking of gears, adds a distinctly mechanical quality to its speech. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but the Arcanist is quite busy, but if you’ve travelled so far, I’m sure she’ll be more than hospitable."

It pauses, gears whirring softly as it continues, "We... would be lost... without her." The metallic tone emphasizes the gravity of its words. "She keeps this whole place under a powerful ward so that no dangers from the Sablewood can pass into town. You’ll find her house to the south, through the farmland. It’s hanging from one of the old Sablewood trees, you can’t miss it."

"I swear on the soul of my departed pet we mean no harm to either the Arcanist or your village!" Ivy even put a hand over her heart underlying the significance of her words.

"We just need to deliver the package," added she in a much plainer words. "Let's go guys, the Lady is waiting." Ivy did not elaborate on which impatient lady she meant.

Screenshot2024-05-11135705.png.b3d121160ffc5ebf95f4c30f566e621a.pngMaking your way past the village's homes, then through the farmlands of Hush, you see a variety of crops that have begun to cultivate a thin layer of glowing blue moss over the top of their fruits and vegetables. They pulse softly like a heartbeat as you pass Among the thriving groves, you notice that the Sablewood trees in this area have hundreds of unique faces carved into all sides, the eyes peering in every direction.

One tree, taller than the rest, bears the Arcanist’s home, like an overripe fruit. It hangs from a braid of rope, as wide around as a giant’s forearm, tied to a massive branch and counterweighted by a cabin-sized bolder lying at the base of the tree. The stone is marked with a collection of symbols and the cabin windows flash with a soft, yellow-green light.

Ivy tilted her head measuring the distance to the house. "Um.. How on earth did the Arcanist got in there? Is she a flying kind?"

Her wings began to vibrate lifting her up.

"Let's check"

Ivy flew to the house to look into the window.

"'Tis a danglehouse! I've seen ones tha' ha' a lever that let ye raise an' lower i'. Makes i' safer when ye live in an area wit' bears o' o'er large nasteh beasties."

Kurith looks about to see if there's any way to lower it from the ground, or if there's a bell to ring.

spacer.png
Yhen Davasdrend

Agility +1

Strength -1

Finesse +1

Instinct +0

Presence +0

Knowledge +2

Evasion: 9 | Armour: 5 | Armour Slots ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐| HP ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ | Stress ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ | Hope ☐ ☐ ☐
Breastplate Armour | Greatstaff | Glowing Rings | Scholar of Magic (+2) | Wilderness Expert (+1)

Domain Effects
Book of Ava
Book of Tyfar

Features
Prestidigitation
Strange Patterns [1]

School of War (Knowledge)
• Gain armour slot.
Attack with Fear, deal +1d10

Daemon
Fearless
Dread Visage

Loreborne
Well-Read

"A Dang-" she shakes her head "Anyway... Perhaps one of us can fly up there.."

Hope ▣ ▣ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐

Passive: Arcane Sense (class), Lightfoot (community)Advantage on rolls to move silently.

Ellu's eyes rippled with electricity as he took a look at the runes. "Probably something with the rock gets a body up and down, I'd imagine. Do you recognize the language, Yhen?" ((OOC: Arcane Sense))

So drawn to the stone was he that it took a second to realize Ivy was already zipping upwards. "Be careful!" he shot out at a stage whisper. His own moth-wings floomphed out. He fluttered upward at a distance; didn't want to crowd Ivy when she was scouting.

((OOC: Trying to give Ivy room but stay close enough she's not alone. If he needs to make any stealth-style checks, he makes those at advantage, which should reduce the risk from his crap Agility score))

Edited by jkason
Dialoge color (see edit history)

Γ—
Γ—