Fieldset legend align attribute works in preview but not in actual post

Dybrar

The title pretty much says it all. If you manually add the align="right" attribute to a fieldset legend element, the legend will be aligned correctly to the right in the preview window, but it'll be back in its default position on the left when the post is made or the edit saved (and the aforementioned attribute will have been entirely discarded from the HTML source).

31 minutes ago, Dybrar said:

The title pretty much says it all. If you manually add the align="right" attribute to a fieldset legend element, the legend will be aligned correctly to the right in the preview window, but it'll be back in its default position on the left when the post is made or the edit saved (and the aforementioned attribute will have been entirely discarded from the HTML source).

Let me try floating it....

Titbbbble

ContentTest

Won't float either.

Right

This way

Add the following style to the <legend>:

style="text-align: right;"

The align attribute is not part of the HTML standard for legend and not all browsers support it, so it's removed by the sanitizer.

Unfortunately, text-align does not work consistently across browsers either; Firefox 125.0.2 ignores it, but Safari on iPadOS 17.4 and Chrome 124.0.6367.79 render it as intended. I suppose I'll just have to live with that. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Dybrar said:

Unfortunately, text-align does not work consistently across browsers either; Firefox 125.0.2 ignores it, but Safari on iPadOS 17.4 and Chrome 124.0.6367.79 render it as intended. I suppose I'll just have to live with that. Thanks!

Alternate approach:

style="margin: 0 0 0 auto;"

That does work! I am a little embarrassed that I failed to think that myself as I've spent the past couple of days trying to finesse post layouts chiefly by way of padding/margin shenanigans, but I'll take it all the same. Cheers!