Chapter 02e: Shadow of War (Battle at Steel Springs)

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Ravenwing, of clan Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 40/40 (hd 5d8) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 19 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni briefly considers pointing out to Arlo what Lady Michelle just said about Kendermore, but figures if he wasn't paying attention, perhaps it is best he doesn't know. "No, silly, that's the giraffe's name. That is a good bear, I think Bear and Crow will be friends. Ooh, look at this, though, my fishbone walker, its name keeps changing," she comments, keeping the kender distracted, and showing him the mechanical fish-bone walking toy she has that moves along on its own. "I bought that from a kender girl, actually. She was really smart, and worked for a gnome inventor. They had all sorts of toys."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 7 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10 + cha) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 15, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Improved Pact Weapon varies, usually whip (+1 to hit, damage, spell focus)

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 5) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

Staff of the Python (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d6 +4) bludgeoning damage.
Versatile: (1d8 +4) bludgeoning damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Normally Staff of the Python, but also always Pact Weapon.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2, cast at 3rd level, refreshed at short rest

Free Spells from Feats: 1/long rest - Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Suggestion

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 3rd level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 15.  Spell Attack Modifier +7.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite ©, Hex © (feat), Dissonant Whispers (feat), Unseen Servant, Blur ©, Misty Step, Suggestion © (feat), Hunger of Hadar ©
  • Invocations:  Improved Pact Weapon, Agonizing Blast, Thirsting Blade

Life Channel. You can channel your life force into the power of your magic. When a creature you can see within 60 feet of you fails a saving throw against a spell that deals damage that you cast, you can expend a number of Hit Dice equal to the level of the spell. Roll the expended Hit Dice and add them together. The damage that the creature takes increases by an amount equal to that total.

Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location. While wearing this amulet, you are hidden from divination magic. You can't be targeted by such magic or perceived through magical scrying sensors.

Edited by KingGoblin (see edit history)

token_1.png.451fa62d12c0f2185636025bbfd5d519.pngArlo Thistleknott

Kender Entertainer Arcane Trickster Rogue

AC: 16 (Studded Leather) | HP: 48/48 | Speed: 40 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 18, Insight 15, Investigation 16
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 18 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Kenderspeak, and Thieves' Cant

"Oh," Arlo says in response to Hunni. "I guess Kettle is a good name for a giraffe. I've never met a giraffe, so I don't know what sort of names they like. I'm glad you like the bear. He could use a friend, and a crow sounds like a good friend for a bear."

Arlo is deeply impressed by Hunni's fish-bone toy, which keeps him distracted from the boring talk the others are having. Based on his experience, the discussion is probably important, because boring things usually are. He trusts that his friends can handle the planning of their next adventure, and he will be on hand to take care of any doors. He still feels very proud of himself for opening a door with the rather wet and gross lockpick Elgo had given him. He'd never learned how she managed to turn her stomach into a pouch, but he doesn't think he'd like to keep his buttons in his stomach now that he's had more time to think about it.

"Gnomes are very good at making things, especially if you need something that explodes. Gnomes make the absolute best explosions. It's always very exciting to meet a gnome. I'm impressed that this gnome let a kender help him. When I meet a gnome, all they can say is things like, 'No, don't touch that button!' or 'The lever is not supposed to come off!' or 'For the love of Reorx get that crazy kender away from here!' I don't know who that crazy kender is, but I hope that they are able to find him. He sounds like he might need help."

As the conversation continues, Arlo looks up from sorting the contents of his pouches and admiring Hunni's toys. "So do we have a plan yet?" he asks his larger friends.

OOC

Action: 
Move: 
Bonus Action:

Taunt: 3/3
Spell Slots: 3/3 1st Level
Pipes of the Sewers: 3/3 charges

Vigdan 'The Dog' Luchen

Variant Human Smuggler Scout Rogue

smuggler1-2.png.53cb73f51d778015c4d7e51e12f5e926.png

AC: 16 (Studded Leather, +4 Dex) | HP: 43/43 | Speed: 30 ft.

Senses: passive Perception 15, Insight 15, Investigation 12
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 18 (+4) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Solamnic and Thieves' Cant

“My words,” Vigdan said. | ‘My thoughts’ Vigdan thought. | My actions . . .

Vigdan's eyes widen at Coltan's words and he shifts nervously as the tone of the conversation takes a turn. When Sir Artanis steps away to get the horses, Vigdan speaks up "I can help you with that, Sir knight. I need to check on something in town, as well. A personal matter."

OOC

Action: Vigdan can help gather horses and carts, but he really just wants to get away for a bit and check on his family. Let them know he's ok and share some of his loot with them. He also has some dragonelle meat he needs to sell before it turns. Maybe The Steady Beacon?

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Arrows: 17/20

OOC:

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (0 THP) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Brooch of Shielding. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

As Vigdan follows Artanis down the stairs, the knight blushes. "Please, just call me Artanis," he corrects, "I'm not fancy born. Village I grew up it wasn't that different from Vogler, without the river though." As they head towards the quarter where they'd find most of the horse merchants he asks "Anything I can help with? Your personal matter that is?"

OOC

Action: Artanis is off to secure the draft horses - if he can - and a wagon. He'll only be buying from reputable dealers unless he sees some really abused animal to rescue, in which case he'll likely cause a scene.

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [0]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [12]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

Vigdan 'The Dog' Luchen

Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 18 (+4) | Con: 12 (+1) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 14 (+2) | Cha: 10 (+0)

Vigdan moves quietly down the stairs in contrast to the clanking of the knight. " I'm actually from Kalaman, and my Ma and sister still live here Sir..I mean, Artanis. I just wanted to let them know I'm safe and to share some of the coin from the keep with them. If things go badly here in Kalaman, well..I just want them to have enough coin. My family are fisherfolk, so they've got a small boat to get away. I hope it doesn't come to that, though."

OOC

Action: Vigdan can help gather horses and carts, but he really just wants to get away for a bit and check on his family. Let them know he's ok and share some of his loot with them. He also has some dragonelle meat he needs to sell before it turns. Maybe The Steady Beacon?

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

OOC:

Posted (edited)
Date

On This Kirinor, the 2nd Day of Yurthgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Sunday, March 27, 351 AC)

The 12th Day of the Campaign - About 3:00 PM

• Solinari: 1st Quarter
  • Lunitari: FULL (advantage to cast Illusion and Transmutation spells & disadvantage against such spells)
  • Nuitari: Waning Gibbous

Battle at Steel Springs

Castle Kalaman

When there is a suitable pause, Coltan gets all serious with her, "Lady Michelle, while I need your advice on how to pretend to be a dragonarmy lieutenant, I cannot accept your treatment of your guards. They deserve your respect, because they are just doing their duty. Please apologize to them and treat them with respect going forward."

"If you still want to help us, we can do it within the constraints of your situation, as defined by your guards." He stares for her reply.

Lady Michelle raises a curious eyebrow and looks down her nose at Coltan. “Perhaps you’re not ready to commit perfidy, Apprentice—I’ll be happy to instruct you another time, as you can’t seem to handle even this rather mild demonstration.”

Turning to her guards, she says, “Come along ladies, you can walk alongside the carriage on the way back to the barony. We wouldn’t want your delicate sensibilities bruised any more by li’l o’le Mimi, now would we? Big scawwy dwagon awmy wady in her fwilly gween dwess might huwt yow feewings if you wide in the fancy cawwage wif her. Best ensure that you show me the . . . constraints of my situation . . . make sure I don’t escape along the road!”

They bristle but otherwise keep silent, and oddly enough, remain at attention.

She walks over to Modri and pats him on the shoulder with wry smile. “Well, do come back safe and sound . . . maybe not so sound. Maybe another cool scar you can show me and tell me all about.” Sighing, she says, “Alas, it seems that my guards need to do some ‘defining’, so I’ll have to see you when you get back to the barony.” With that, she leaves and heads down the opposite set of stairs you were heading.

Eventually, as Lady Michelles head disappears down the stairs, the guards turn to follow.

“Ugh, just great, Brimmle,” one of the guards says to the other, “Now that stupid girl’s all in a huff and we have to walk.”

“You’re the one wha’ kep’ buttin’ in’o’er conversation, Crawley,” the one called ‘Brimmle’ barked back.

“Hey! I’m just doin’ my job! And what the hell were you doin’ standin’ at attention when she told you to?! An’ she called us ‘honorless shi’bags’ an’ ‘gormless fools’! What even the hell is a ‘gorm’? You’re gonna le’her talk to us like that?”

“An’ you didn’?” Brimmle bites back. “An’ so what if she did? What’chu gonna do about it, anyway?”

From the bottom of the stairwell, you all hear, “This ‘stupid girl’ can hear you just fine. Now, if you fools ever wanna get out of guarding this ‘stupid girl’, and actually get to go fight in the war, I suggest that I hear a hell of a lot less talking and a lot more marching!”

“Damnit, Crawley!” Brimmle sniped in a harsh whisper. “If the guard captain gets wind that you called a noble lady a ‘stupid girl’—who cares if it’s her—we’ll be doing PT until our assholes are sucking buttermilk! Well, you are! I’ll tell’em I had no part in that!”

“MARCH, Ladies! I can still hear you!”

With that, they disappear.

Buying Wagons & Setting Out?

Date

On This Kirinor, the 2nd Day of Yurthgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Sunday, March 27, 351 AC)

The 12th Day of the Campaign - About 5:00 PM

• Solinari: 1st Quarter
  • Lunitari: FULL (advantage to cast Illusion and Transmutation spells & disadvantage against such spells)
  • Nuitari: Waning Gibbous

It’s easy enough to find a good, quality wagon that will seat the lot of you comfortably, but won’t let you sleep. You’ll need at least two wagons for the eight of you for that. It’s up to you whether you purchase one or two, or as many as you think you need.

The wagons cost you 35 gp, each. The wainwrights strongly encourage you to buy the trained draft horses (50 gp, each) to pull it (or them, as the case may be), as well as the feed for each horse you buy (5 cp/day/horse).

Eventually everyone meets up at the main gates to the castle. However, it’s fifth hour after noon, and your stomachs are rumbling for supper. You’re certainly free to set out and just eat rations on the road, but its three hours to sunset, and soon you’ll be traveling at night. At some point, you are going to have to stop, if only to let your horses rest—especially the one pulling the wagon.

Tiergan and whatever horses you took with you and back from Wheelwatch are now just done: they haven’t got any walk left in them—they covered the 24 miles back to Kalaman. You can rest in your new wagon(s); your horses can’t.

Statblocks

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 18 (+1Dex + 4Con + 3Shield ) | HP: 75/75 (5d12+20+10+5) | Speed: 25'
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Wild Surge Rages: 3/3 | Magic Awareness: 2/2

Darkvision 60' | Dwarven Resilience | Stonecunning | Unarmored Defense | Danger Sense | Reckless Attack | Extra Attack | Fast Movement

+1 Red Dragonnel Shield

“My words,” Modri said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Modri thought. | My actions . . .

Having handed over the vast majority of all the coin and other fancy things he'd collected, Modri feels a weight lifted on his shoulders. With Michelle's display, he's holding in a laughter, until they're finally gone. "Ahar! Now that's an exit!" He shakes his head smiling. "Damn war. Makes me wonder how many fun and fiery folk are in the Dragon Army ranks. Plenty of cowards and fiends to be sure, but likely a handful I'd share a drink with if given the chance. Alas, can just share a fight with them."

He glances at those still around. "I'm a mind to say the same thing or worse if anyone asks me to be prim and proper. Doesn't matter, since it looks like we're heading out again."

-

Modri offers up 50 gold to get the supplies, wagons, and horses they need. His pack is much, much lighter now, just over 200 gold worth left before his contribution. Even that much feels like far too much for the Dwarf, but realizes these are strange times. The exchange earlier with Michelle has put Modri in a good mood.

OOC

Movement: -

Bonus Action: -

Action: -

Reaction: Sentinel in effect

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 5 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC 20 | HP 51/51 (5d8+15+5) | HD 5/5 | Speed 30 ft.
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 17, Insight 14, Investigation 13
Str 14 (+2) | Dex 8 (–1) | Con 16 (+3) | Int 10 (+0) | Wis 18 (+4) | Cha 10 (+0)
Magic +7 DC 15 | Channel 1/1 | Cantrips | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 2/2

Languages Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan sadly smiles at Lady Michelle's reaction thinking, 'she's like a wild animal trying to live a domesticated life.' He nods at her departure and replies to her, "thank you for the lesson, m'lady. Fortunately, Hunni believes that I am perfectly capable of disrespecting people as well as you." He finishes looking at the black robed mage with a nod acknowledging her kettle comment.

Looking toward Modri, the fellow dwarf offers, "Aye, it appears you can take the lady out of the dragonarmy, but not take the dragonarmy out of the lady. Modri, would you mind if I practiced potential lieutenant comments on you. Perhaps you would sharpen my insults to the proper level of disrespect and antipathy?" He smiles weakly.

Coltan wonders if he could just return to his previous life smithing for villagers who need a smith. It was a comfortable, soul-nourishing life. Then, he pivots to question what lessons Reorx wants him to learn traveling with a gully dwarf, black robe mage who obviously detests him and probably Reorx Himself. And, this perfidy with the dragonarmy is so clearly tactical, but the tactic has him practicing behavior which intimately disgusts him.

If Reorx had not handed him this warhammer and called him His Apprentice, he would walk away. Probably return to Hillhome and ensure his mother's family is safe. He waits for Modri's answer, and then drifts away toward the crafter section of Kalaman to check on them.

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Action:

Reaction:

Concentration:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +7 or DC 15 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 2/2

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.
  4. Mending (V,S,M). This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage. This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object.

1st level spells prepared

• Forge Domain: Identify (V,S,M) Ritual. You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.
  • Forge Domain: Searing Smite (V). The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
  1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

2nd-Level Spells Prepared

• Forge Domain: Heat Metal (V,S,M) Concentration. Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
  • Forge Domain: Magic Weapon (V,S) Concentration. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.
  • 6. Spiritual Weapon (V,S) Bonus. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
  • 7. Lesser Restoration (V,S). You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.
  • 8. Silence (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.

3rd-Level Spells Prepared

• Forge Domain: Elemental Weapon (V,S) Concentration. A nonmagical weapon you touch becomes a magic weapon. Choose one of the following damage types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder. For the duration, the weapon has a +1 bonus to attack rolls and deals an extra 1d4 damage of the chosen type when it hits.
  • Forge Domain: Protection from Energy (V,S) Concentration. For the duration, the willing creature you touch has resistance to one damage type of your choice: acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder.
  • 9. Spirit Guardians: (V,S,M) Concentration. You call forth angelic spirits to protect you. They flit around you to a distance of 15 feet for the duration. When you cast this spell, you can designate any number of creatures you can see to be unaffected by it. An affected creature's speed is halved in the area, and when the creature enters the area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 radiant damage. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage.

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. Starting at 5th level, when an undead of CR 1/2 or lower fails its saving throw against your Turn Undead feature, the creature is instantly destroyed.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Artisan's Blessing. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object (see chapter 5, "Equipment," in the Player's Handbook for examples of these items). The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you.  The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual's end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.

War Caster

• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
  • You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
  • When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 18 (+1Dex + 4Con + 3Shield ) | HP: 75/75 (5d12+20+10+5) | Speed: 25'
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con: 18 (+4) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Wild Surge Rages: 3/3 | Magic Awareness: 2/2

Darkvision 60' | Dwarven Resilience | Stonecunning | Unarmored Defense | Danger Sense | Reckless Attack | Extra Attack | Fast Movement

+1 Red Dragonnel Shield

“My words,” Modri said. | ‘My thoughts,’ Modri thought. | My actions . . .

Modri smile fades as he accepts Coltan is not enjoying the moment as he is. "Sure, but perhaps when you're in a lighter spirit. Perhaps over drinks we can spar with words and talk about everything."

Modri switches over to Dwarvish. "Deeds over words, brother. We've an army to fight, and don't have the luxury of collecting other grudges."

The Barbarian's expression is more solemn, thoughtful. Coltan knows, perhaps others too, that Modri generally hides that part of himself. He does show it when the need arises. He doesn't feel any need to stop the Cleric from leaving and taking the time he needs.

OOC

Movement: -

Bonus Action: -

Action: -

Reaction: Sentinel in effect

fairla_token.png.3ec0cf634c791239cd69134297408c22.pngFairla Sunnybank

Human Mage of High Sorcery Abjuration Wizard

AC: 12 (Mage Armor AC: 15) | HP: 32/32 (5d6+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses (passive): Perception 9, Insight 9, Investigation 17
Str: 10 (+0) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 18 (+4) | Wis: 8 (-1) | Cha: 12 (+1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, Gnomish, Kenderspeak, Primordial, and Solamnic
Arcane Recovery
: 2 spell levels per LR | Arcane Ward: 14/14 HP

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions...

Fairla gladly takes Artanis up on his offer to pick up her horse, reasoning that even if it were not to pull the wagon, having a swift horse nearby could come in handy. She would also offer reimburse Artanis and Vigdan for her share of any group purchase.

When it is time to leave, she hitches her horse to the back of a(/the) wagon and climbs inside the wagon. When night falls, she casts Alarm on the rear entrance of the wagon (excluding present company from its effects) and says, "I'd like to get some sleep. Please wake me up if something happens or if you need me for anything. I can see a little in the moonlight, but I'd rather not be the one to drive the wagon at night. Oh, and if any of you want to ride my horse, her name is Billings and she's friendly enough."

OOC

Action: Ritually casting Alarm (assuming the wagon has a door or window on which the spell can be cast)

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Object Interaction:

Spells

Spellcasting

Modifier (Int): +4
Spell Attack: +7
Save DC: 15

Cantrips

1. Fire Bolt
  2. Light
  3. Mage Hand
  4. Mending
  5. Prestidigitation

1st-Level
3/4 Spell Slots

1. ( ) Absorb Elements
  2. ( ) Alarm [R]
  3. (P) Comprehend Languages [R]
  4. ( ) Detect Magic [R]
  5. ( ) Feather Fall
  6. ( ) Floating Disk [R]
  7. (p) Grease
  8. (p) Mage Armor
  9. (p) Magic Missile
  10. (P) Shield
  11. ( ) Sleep1st Level Enchantment
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 90 feet
    Target: Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range (in ascending order of their current hit points, ignoring unconscious creatures)
    Components: V S M (A pinch of fine sand, rose petals, or a cricket)
    Duration: 1 minute

This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. Roll 5d8; the total is how many hit points of creatures this spell can affect. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures). Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected. Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.
    At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, roll an additional 2d8 for each slot level above 1st.
  12. ( ) Unseen Servant [R]

2nd-Level
3/3 Spell Slots

1. (p) Detect Thoughts [c]
  2. (p) Hold Person [c]
  3. (p) Invisibility [c]
  4. (P) Lesser Restoration
  5. (p) Misty Step

3rd-Level
2/2 Spell Slots

1. (p) Counterspell
  2. (p) Dispel Magic
  3. ( ) Tiny Hut [R]

Stat Block

%5Bb%5DActions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DAttacks%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%5Bb%5DFirebolt%20(120%20ft.)%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B7%202d10%20Fire%0A%5Bb%5DQuarterstaff%20(5%20ft.)%5B%2Fb%5D%20%2B3%201d6(8)%20Bludgeoning%0A%5Bb%5DSpells%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%20%20%20%20You%20can%20cast%20each%20of%20the%20chosen%20spells%20(%5Bi%5DComprehend%20Languages%5B%2Fi%5D%2C%20%5Bi%5DLesser%20Restoration%5B%2Fi%5D%2C%20%5Bi%5DShield%5B%2Fi%5D)%20without%20a%20spell%20slot%2C%20and%20you%20must%20finish%20a%20long%20rest%20before%20you%20can%20cast%20them%20in%20this%20way%20again.%20You%20can%20also%20cast%20the%20spells%20using%20any%20spell%20slots%20you%20have%20of%20the%20appropriate%20level.%0A%0A%5Bb%5DBonus%20Actions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%20%20%20%20%5Bb%5DTelekinetic%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20As%20a%20bonus%20action%2C%20you%20can%20try%20to%20telekinetically%20shove%20one%20creature%20you%20can%20see%20within%2030%20feet%20of%20you.%20When%20you%20do%20so%2C%20the%20target%20must%20succeed%20on%20a%20Strength%20saving%20throw%20(DC%2015)%20or%20be%20moved%205%20feet%20toward%20or%20away%20from%20you.%20A%20creature%20can%20willingly%20fail%20this%20save.%20%0A%0A%5Bb%5DReactions%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0A%20%20%20%20%5Bb%5DShield%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%20An%20invisible%20barrier%20of%20magical%20force%20appears%20and%20protects%20you.%20Until%20the%20start%20of%20your%20next%20turn%2C%20you%20have%20a%20%2B5%20bonus%20to%20AC%2C%20including%20against%20the%20triggering%20attack%2C%20and%20you%20take%20no%20damage%20from%20magic%20missile.%0A%0A%5Bb%5DFeats%3A%5B%2Fb%5D%0AInitiate%20of%20High%20Sorcery%0AAdept%20of%20the%20White%20Robes%0ALinguist%0ATelekinetic%0A%5Bb%5D%5B%2Fb%5D
Actions:
Attacks:
Firebolt (120 ft.) +7 2d10 Fire
Quarterstaff (5 ft.) +3 1d6(8) Bludgeoning
Spells:
You can cast each of the chosen spells (Comprehend Languages, Lesser Restoration, Shield) without a spell slot, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast them in this way again. You can also cast the spells using any spell slots you have of the appropriate level.

Bonus Actions:
Telekinetic: As a bonus action, you can try to telekinetically shove one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. When you do so, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 15) or be moved 5 feet toward or away from you. A creature can willingly fail this save.

Reactions:
Shield: An invisible barrier of magical force appears and protects you. Until the start of your next turn, you have a +5 bonus to AC, including against the triggering attack, and you take no damage from magic missile.

Feats:
Initiate of High Sorcery
Adept of the White Robes
Linguist
Telekinetic

Inventory

Gp: 859 Sp: 5 Cp: 6

Equipped

1. Bag of Holding
  2. Clothes, Common
  3. Healer's Kit
  4. Orb
  5. Quarterstaff
  6. Robes
  7. Spellbook

Bag of Holding

1. Abacus
  2. Backpack
  3. Ball Bearings (bag of 1000)
  4. Bedroll
  5. Bell
  6. Blanket
  7. Block and Tackle
  8. Book
  9. Bottle, Glass
  10. Bucket
  11. Candle
  12. Case, Map or Scroll
  13. Clothes, Fine
  14. Clothes, Traveler's
  15. Crowbar
  16. Fishing Tackle
  17. Flask
  18. Grappling Hook
  19. Hammer
  20. Hammer, Sledge
  21. Healer's Kit
  22. Ink Pen
  23. Ink, Black
  24. Ink, Blue
  25. Lantern, Hooded
  26. Little Bag of Sand
  27. Manacles
  28. Mess Kit
  29. Oil (flask)
  30. Parchment (sheet)
  31. Perfume (vial)
  32. Pick, Miner's
  33. Piton
  34. Pouch
  35. Rations (1 day)
  36. Rope, Hempen (50 ft.)
  37. Rope, Silk (50 ft.)
  38. Sack
  39. Scale Mail, Red Dragon Army
  40. Scale, Merchant's
  41. Sealing Wax
  42. Shovel
  43. Signal Whistle
  44. Small Knife
  45. Soap
  46. Spikes, Iron
  47. String (10 ft.)
  48. Tent, Two-Person
  49. Tinderbox
  50. Vial
  51. Waterskin
  52. Wine, Common (pitcher) + pitcher
  53. Wine, Fine (bottle)

Billings (Riding Horse)

1. Bit and Bridle
  2. Riding Saddle
  3. Saddlebags
  4. Feed (10 days)

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 5 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC 20 | HP 51/51 (5d8+15+5) | HD 5/5 | Speed 30 ft.
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 17, Insight 14, Investigation 13
Str 14 (+2) | Dex 8 (–1) | Con 16 (+3) | Int 10 (+0) | Wis 18 (+4) | Cha 10 (+0)
Magic +7 DC 15 | Channel 1/1 | Cantrips | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 2/2

Languages Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan sadly nods to Modri to agree to spar over drinks.

While he continues to head toward the crafters, he replies in Dwarvish to Modri, "Words are actions. Pretending to be a lieutenant in the dragonarmy is all words. Don't underestimate the power of words, brother."

OOC

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Action:

Reaction:

Concentration:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +7 or DC 15 | 1st 4/4 | 2nd 3/3 | 3rd 2/2

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.
  4. Mending (V,S,M). This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage. This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object.

1st level spells prepared

• Forge Domain: Identify (V,S,M) Ritual. You choose one object that you must touch throughout the casting of the spell. If it is a magic item or some other magic-imbued object, you learn its properties and how to use them, whether it requires attunement to use, and how many charges it has, if any. You learn whether any spells are affecting the item and what they are. If the item was created by a spell, you learn which spell created it. If you instead touch a creature throughout the casting, you learn what spells, if any, are currently affecting it.
  • Forge Domain: Searing Smite (V). The next time you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack during the spell's duration, your weapon flares with white-hot intensity, and the attack deals an extra 1d6 fire damage to the target and causes the target to ignite in flames. At the start of each of its turns until the spell ends, the target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it takes 1d6 fire damage. On a successful save, the spell ends. If the target or a creature within 5 feet of it uses an action to put out the flames, or if some other effect douses the flames (such as the target being submerged in water), the spell ends.
  1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

2nd-Level Spells Prepared

• Forge Domain: Heat Metal (V,S,M) Concentration. Choose a manufactured metal object, such as a metal weapon or a suit of heavy or medium metal armor, that you can see within range. You cause the object to glow red-hot. Any creature in physical contact with the object takes 2d8 fire damage when you cast the spell. Until the spell ends, you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage again. If a creature is holding or wearing the object and takes the damage from it, the creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or drop the object if it can. If it doesn't drop the object, it has disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks until the start of your next turn.
  • Forge Domain: Magic Weapon (V,S) Concentration. You touch a nonmagical weapon. Until the spell ends, that weapon becomes a magic weapon with a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls.
  • 6. Spiritual Weapon (V,S) Bonus. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it.
  • 7. Lesser Restoration (V,S). You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.
  • 8. Silence (V,S) Concentration, Ritual. For the duration, no sound can be created within or pass through a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on a point you choose within range. Any creature or object entirely inside the sphere is immune to thunder damage, and creatures are deafened while entirely inside it. Casting a spell that includes a verbal component is impossible there.

3rd-Level Spells Prepared

• Forge Domain: Elemental Weapon (V,S) Concentration. A nonmagical weapon you touch becomes a magic weapon. Choose one of the following damage types: acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder. For the duration, the weapon has a +1 bonus to attack rolls and deals an extra 1d4 damage of the chosen type when it hits.
  • Forge Domain: Protection from Energy (V,S) Concentration. For the duration, the willing creature you touch has resistance to one damage type of your choice: acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder.
  • 9. Spirit Guardians: (V,S,M) Concentration. You call forth angelic spirits to protect you. They flit around you to a distance of 15 feet for the duration. When you cast this spell, you can designate any number of creatures you can see to be unaffected by it. An affected creature's speed is halved in the area, and when the creature enters the area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 radiant damage. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage.

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. Starting at 5th level, when an undead of CR 1/2 or lower fails its saving throw against your Turn Undead feature, the creature is instantly destroyed.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Artisan's Blessing. You conduct an hour-long ritual that crafts a nonmagical item that must include some metal: a simple or martial weapon, a suit of armor, ten pieces of ammunition, a set of tools, or another metal object (see chapter 5, "Equipment," in the Player's Handbook for examples of these items). The creation is completed at the end of the hour, coalescing in an unoccupied space of your choice on a surface within 5 feet of you.  The thing you create can be something that is worth no more than 100 gp. As part of this ritual, you must lay out metal, which can include coins, with a value equal to the creation. The metal irretrievably coalesces and transforms into the creation at the ritual's end, magically forming even nonmetal parts of the creation. The ritual can create a duplicate of a nonmagical item that contains metal, such as a key, if you possess the original during the ritual.

War Caster

• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
  • You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
  • When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (0 THP) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Brooch of Shielding. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis nods in reply, understanding Vigdan's concern for his family and happy to let the matter largely lie. "I'm sure it won't come to that," he reassures the man on the walk to the wainwrights, "Kalaman's a lot bigger than Vogler, and it's got walls and a proper army to boot. Now we know about these armies we'll be able to see them off." It's clear from his tone that Artanis has a complete - and perhaps naïve - faith in the Solomon Order, and inevitable triumph of good over evil.

When they find their way to the wagons Artanis is happy to follow recommendations on the purchase, offering a quick once over of them to check for the correct number of wheels and axles, but somewhat out of his comfort zone. He trusts the general populous won't be angling to do their defenders wrong, and if any calamity does befall them he has equal faith in the Apprentice of Reorx' ability to fox a common cart. Besides, most have already been claimed for the army and beggars can't be choosers. Having handed over the gold for two wagons, he takes much more time assessing the variety of draft horses - checking teeth, hooves and coat for general health. Eventually he settles on a pair of black and white Shires, both seeming sturdy and dependable, apparently named Rosie and Jim. With conflict on the horizon several of the older farmers around the city had decided now was the right time to sell up and retire - having seen what they had on the road south Artanis could hardly blame them. He gave both a quick brush down to familiarise them, then hitched up both with a trailing rope of Billings. He stocked both wagons with feed for all four horses to last the next fortnight, and turned to the quiet scout. "Thanks for the help Vigdan - if you'd be happy to drive one out to the city wall I'll be able to take both from there over to the Folketh Estate and grab Tiergan - and give you chance to see your family."

Meeting up

Artanis pulls up in convoy atop Tiergan and leading Billings alongside, having persuaded two ex Voglerites to man the wagons back from the estate. Given they'd been headed back into the city proper that evening anyway, it hadn't taken much to offer they ride instead of walk. He declines one for politeness, then accepts money from Modri and Fairla (along with anyone else offering). "I've oats and hay for the horses," he shares, "but not secured food for us yet, or whatever else supplies we might need. Perhaps we take the rest of the evening to properly prepare and aim to leave first light? Did you manage to sort everything out at the castle?"

OOC

Action: Buying two wagons (2*35gp), two horses (2*50gp), and a fortnight's worth of feed (4*14*0.05gp) = roughly 173gp, less 50gp from Modri, and 21.5gp from Fairla = 101.5gp from Artanis' pocket at present.

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [0]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [12]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

Edited by PureChance (see edit history)

token_1.png.451fa62d12c0f2185636025bbfd5d519.pngArlo Thistleknott

Kender Entertainer Arcane Trickster Rogue

AC: 16 (Studded Leather) | HP: 48/48 | Speed: 40 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 18, Insight 15, Investigation 16
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 18 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 10 (+0)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Kenderspeak, and Thieves' Cant

On the way to meet Artanis, Arlo stops and picks up some more sling bullets for his hoopak. Everyone else had taken the preparations for their new adventure seriously, and Arlo wanted to show that he was taking things seriously too. At least a seriously as any kender could take things.

After Coltan and Modri finish speaking, Arlo falls into step beside Coltan. "You said you met Reorx, right?" he asks, very curious. "What's it like to meet a god? Is Reorx nice? They say that he made all the dwarves and gnomes and kender. Do you think I could meet him one day?"

When they reach the wagons, Arlo hands a handful of coins to Artanis. "These are really nice wagons! Can I drive one? I promise that I'm a good wagon driver. I hardly ever crash!" Arlo's excitement isn't necessarily a ringing endorsement of his skills. As the party sets off, it takes a long time for Arlo to become calm enough to sleep.

OOC

Action: 
Move: 
Bonus Action:

Taunt: 3/3
Spell Slots: 3/3 1st Level
Pipes of the Sewers: 3/3 charges

Arlo will contribute 50 gold to the party's purchases.

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Ravenwing, of clan Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 40/40 (hd 5d8) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 19 (+4)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni looks thoughtful as the dwarves converse in dwarven, almost as though they don't remember she is a dwarf and can obviously understand every word. She seems to be considering Coltan's words, even as she remembers Mery and the incident with the draconian prisoner.

Shaking her head, she moves along with the others. To Artanis, she simply offers her entire coin pouch for him to take as much gold as he wants. Hunni doubts that her two gold would be helpful, if she tried to count it out herself, and doesn't think it worthwhile to try counting past that.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 7 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10 + cha) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 15, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Improved Pact Weapon varies, usually whip (+1 to hit, damage, spell focus)

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 5) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

Staff of the Python (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d6 +4) bludgeoning damage.
Versatile: (1d8 +4) bludgeoning damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Normally Staff of the Python, but also always Pact Weapon.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  2 / 2, cast at 3rd level, refreshed at short rest

Free Spells from Feats: 1/long rest - Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Suggestion

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 3rd level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 15.  Spell Attack Modifier +7.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite ©, Hex © (feat), Dissonant Whispers (feat), Unseen Servant, Blur ©, Misty Step, Suggestion © (feat), Hunger of Hadar ©
  • Invocations:  Improved Pact Weapon, Agonizing Blast, Thirsting Blade

Life Channel. You can channel your life force into the power of your magic. When a creature you can see within 60 feet of you fails a saving throw against a spell that deals damage that you cast, you can expend a number of Hit Dice equal to the level of the spell. Roll the expended Hit Dice and add them together. The damage that the creature takes increases by an amount equal to that total.

Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location. While wearing this amulet, you are hidden from divination magic. You can't be targeted by such magic or perceived through magical scrying sensors.

Vigdan 'The Dog' Luchen

Vigdan listens and watches the exchange between the wainwright and Artanis. He sighed a bit at the prices. They were fair prices, but if they weren't in such a rush he was sure he could get a couple carts and horses for less. Much less. When it's done, he counts out 50gp to Artanis and hands it to him.

After helping the knight buy and move all the various carts and horses, Vigdan makes his way down to the harbor and to the small shack that his Ma and sister live in. His Ma is mending a net at her table while his sister is cooking a pot of fish stew by the fire. They both run to him and hug him and tell him how worried they had been. Vigdan, his eyes wet with his own tears, tells them of his capture by the Dragon Army, his escape and how he helped beat the army at Wheelwatch Keep. His sister bowled him up some stew while he talked and broke him off a piece of bread to go with it. When he was finished, he produced a sack of gold coins and put it on the table. "I want you to have this, Ma. I'm going to help the folks from the Keep try to stop the Dragon Army. I don't know when I'll be back and I want to make sure you're taken care of. If something should happen here at Kalaman, take this coin and get away. Maybe try to get to Palanthas. I don't know where else would be safe." He stands and hugs his Ma again, "I've got to go now. They're waiting on me. Just be safe and run if it looks like the city is gonna fall." Before they can make a fuss or stop him, he's out the door and heading back to find the others, his eyes still wet.

OOC

Action: Gave 50gp to Artanis and 500gp to the family.

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

OOC: