Xixok - Doppelganger Wu Jen

GZAlbJ8.png

Wu Jen 3 | Doppelganger 3

Xixok

Backstory
Separated from their family during a visit to Eberron to observe Changelings, Xixok was found and raised by an eccentric old hermit.

This was a tolerable childhood, inasmuch as being raised by an eccentric magical hermit can be, but Xixok never felt as if they truly belonged. Once their apprenticeship was complete, the young doppelganger set off to try and find a place in the multiverse where they could belong.

Personality
Like most doppelgangers, Xixok searches for a place where they can belong; perhaps moreso than usual, having been denied the companionship of other doppelgangers at a critical age. This has driven their wanderings - a constant search to find a place to call their own.

Appearance
In their natural form, Xixok is an atypically tall and thin doppelganger; they rarely appear in this form, however, afraid that others will ostracize or drive them away before getting to know them.

Their usual appearance is as a tall, gangly male elf or human - one who gives off a non-threatening, even bumbling aura of helpful scholarship.

Role and Build Path

Utility, Frontline Natural Attacker (post level 9)

Levels 1 - 4
Wu Jen 4 | Doppelganger 4

Levels 5 - 8
Wu Jen 5 - 8 | Doppelganger 4/Warshaper 1 - 4

Level 9+
Wu Jen 9+ | Doppelganger 4/Warshaper 4/Master Transmogrifist 1+

Feats
There's room for a bit of flexibility here, but the most likely progression is going to be:
Level 6: Knowledge Devotion (Complete Champion pg. 60)
Level 9: Surrogate Spellcasting (Savage Species)
Level 12+: Open. I'm considering Arcane Thesis (Polymorph), but that's not set in stone.

Inventory

Explorer's Outfit - 10gp
Waterskin - 1gp
Smokstick - 20gp
Tindertwig x10 - 10gp

Ring of Protection +1 - 2000gp

Bullets, Sling x20 - 2sp

Potion Belt - 1gp (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting pg 96)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x4 - 200gp

Wand of Magic Missile (1st level) - 750gp

Total - 2,991gp, 2sp
Remaining - 8gp, 8sp

Sources

Master Linguist - Races of Eberron pg 109
Racial Emulation - Races of Eberron pg 110
Wu Jen - Complete Arcane

Edit: I'd originally planned to build Xixok as a Wu Jen rather than Wizard, and after a late night of reexamining the Flaws I'd chosen (and watching a documentary about Hong Kong films), decided to go back to that original plan. I also removed the planned Totemist levels from the proposed progression - it results in fewer natural attacks, but progressing as a Wu Jen should more than offset that loss. The tricky part is figuring out how to get Draconic Polymorph onto Xixok's spell list since it's the only major Polymorph spell missing.

Edited by MrNeech (see edit history)