Rin Shuson - Human Brawler (Have spear will travel)

Rin Shuson

image.jpeg.7b08dcc63686c0d3ddf5c0d9df0ec2b6.jpeg

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2902072

Appearance: Rin has a pair of dark grey eyes and black hair normally kept out of the way in a messy bun atop her head.
Short but athletic and solidly built, she normally tries for loser fitting clothing and a collection of sash's and scarfs.

Personality: Rin has a strong no-nonsense demeanor but never really goes into being rude or a hardass. And she has a perfectly normal if not some what sarcastic or dark sense of humor. Above all else she has a strong moral compass not so much always thinking she's right but always knowing when something seems wrong and not being a person that will be quite about it, she's dependable and trusting to her friends and allies but a bit standoffish to people she does not know.

Background: Rin comes from a long line of steadfast dependable boring town guards and constables.
Even the members of her family who don't follow this career path tend to take ones that are not far removed, caravan guards, Body guards.
A long history of wood working, shield making and spear making also follows her family. And at any time her family has one person who teaches the families specifically style of fighting. And while not considered world famous it has always kept them in good safety.

The shipwreck put all of this in a bit of bind for Rin however, separated from her family, she tried her best to make herself useful wood working being somewhat useful and a strong defender being useful, but she is quickly understanding that she might need to be more proactive.

Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I don't see how you qualify for spear dancing spiral.. you seem to be short the two weapon fighting pre-requisite judging from your sheet.

Oh I didn't make this clear that's for sure.
Okay so, Brawler's flurry counters as two weapon fighting as long as you are using any combination of unarmed strikes, weapons from the close fighter weapon group, or weapons with the monk special feature.

(I DID make a mistake in this build because I forgot to pay for versatile weapon on the spear)

It's been addressed before that Brawler's flurry does qualify you to pick up feats that require TWF, but that the effects only work when you are using a weapon you can use with Brawler's flurry.

If you as the DM don't like that use of the rules. I'm totally fine altering the build a little.
I can just drop the two style feats. Pick up exotic weapon and use a elven branched spear.
Or use the bladed Brush combat feat.

I was actually trying to be LESS chessy with this method.

Also not going to lie, I like the style better. The ability to deal blunt damage with the spear is nice.

Just let me know, sorry for the confusion.

I can also, I suppose make the character as a fighter or ranger.

For dual weapons which includes the blunt end of a spear dancing spear, both ends of the weapon need to be made masterwork and enchanted. Basically you have to treat the weapon like two weapons.

If you have to enchant two weapons, here are couple of alternatives: Bashing with heavy shields is a close weapon. Worshippers of gorum can take a trait that treats heavy shields as light weapons so you can finesse with it. Then just take improved shield bash feat.

Other is buy handwraps , and have them enchanted. It is cheaper than an amulet of mighty fists. Then you can use your unarmed strike ability. This approach works better if you are using a two handed weapon. One hand let goes of the weapon. Punch-Punch. Regrab.