Ye Olde Tavern

Eric

So I found this 'Wrath of the Immortals' book. It apparently gives special powers to clerics depending upon which immortal the cleric serves. Would any of that book be allowed? To be clear, I'm looking at a cleric of Vanya. The special clerical powers offered by her (according to that book) are that the cleric is able to use swords, daggers, and lances.

8 hours ago, Draidden said:

I plead for you to go cleric. With at least two of the characters having fairly low hit points, we are going to need a cleric. 😉

Yep, I'm going to go with cleric.

My character is almost finished I just need to do a bit more shopping, fill out the background stuff a bit and clean up the character sheet. Ready to tank for us with a reasonable hit point total and plate armor. I do have a bad habit of being on the receiving end of critical hits though. 😅

Edited by Kalidas (see edit history)

On 5/6/2024 at 6:18 AM, Draidden said:

I am going to toss my hat in here. I have not played Basic since I first bought it back in the early 80's. Actually bought it as a gift for my brother but I am the one that ended up loving the game. So for old times sake I will roll for stats and then, if the die roller continues to hate me as it has lately, cry. 😉

Like I said, OUCH!

I will go check out the rules and characters and see if I can make this work, but that 8 and 7 are going to be killers.

Nah. The numbers don't mean all that much in BECMI, and one of the joys of the game is playing characters who are normal or even below average in some areas... not everyone needs to be a superhero!

On 5/7/2024 at 4:54 PM, Eric said:

The module does suggest that the party include at least one cleric and at least one magic-user/elf. So depending on whether Modric, Bobcloclimar, or Chardastes are interested in playing a cleric, I might nudge your lean 😀

Yep, I'm in and putting together a Magic-user :)

On 5/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, Mindcrime said:

So I found this 'Wrath of the Immortals' book. It apparently gives special powers to clerics depending upon which immortal the cleric serves. Would any of that book be allowed? To be clear, I'm looking at a cleric of Vanya. The special clerical powers offered by her (according to that book) are that the cleric is able to use swords, daggers, and lances.

@Eric, sorry to bother you, but can I get a ruling on this? I was trying to find out more about the pantheon when I saw a mention of the 'wrath of the immortals' book (which was a free download on DriveThruRPG). I just don't know how much (if any) of the book would be allowed.

1 hour ago, Mindcrime said:

@Eric, sorry to bother you, but can I get a ruling on this? I was trying to find out more about the pantheon when I saw a mention of the 'wrath of the immortals' book (which was a free download on DriveThruRPG). I just don't know how much (if any) of the book would be allowed.

Sorry, missed it! I find this acceptable, battle-cleric.

So.. Just a querry.. I saw the above querry about the Wrath of the Immortals book...

Are you also allowing the Gazeteers? Which are all viewable from the internet..

I was going to play Golan at a higher level ,but may also put together something else...as a potential secondary.

2 hours ago, cheezal said:

So.. Just a querry.. I saw the above querry about the Wrath of the Immortals book...

Are you also allowing the Gazeteers? Which are all viewable from the internet..

I was going to play Golan at a higher level ,but may also put together something else...as a potential secondary.

Hello :)

Nice meeting you. Not that i mind the collaboration or competition, but I'm applying also as a thief. :D

On 5/7/2024 at 4:54 PM, Eric said:

The module does suggest that the party include at least one cleric and at least one magic-user/elf. So depending on whether Modric, Bobcloclimar, or Chardastes are interested in playing a cleric, I might nudge your lean 😀

I was planning on playing a dwarf, but I might hire on a cleric retainer as a emergency replacement backup 😁

Would the Drums of Panic be an acceptable magic item?

16 hours ago, cheezal said:

Are you also allowing the Gazeteers?

It's a lot more material, but if there's something specific I would probably consider it. I don't want people to feel like they have to wade through a ton of material to keep up.

14 hours ago, Nebula said:

Not that i mind the collaboration or competition, but I'm applying also as a thief

Given the team size needs to be 6-10 players, a couple of thieves doesn't create problems (any more than thieves create problems, right? 😉 ).

8 minutes ago, Bobcloclimar said:

I was planning on playing a dwarf, but I might hire on a cleric retainer as a emergency replacement backup 😁

Would the Drums of Panic be an acceptable magic item?

Both of these are fine.

Looks like we have four characters more or less done, and another four in progress. That puts us right in the zone for how big the party should be. If you have extra cash on hand, Bob's idea to hire retainers is probably worth a thought. Accidents do happen, after all, and it literally is a jungle out there.

If it is alright, I was waiting to see what all we had in the party before I spent any money on retainers. That and if everyone else is bringing some along I might not need to hire any myself. 😉

What rates should we be paying for higher-leveled retainers? The level 0/1 recommendation is 1 gp/day + half-share, but the OSE SRD just states that experienced retainers should be paid more.

ร—
ร—