Ye Iron Hall

Eric

1 minute ago, bramblefoot said:

nyello! i like ironssworn! im not too savvy on the whole HMTL thingies, but im interested

No worries. If you want, you can always fall back on BBcode using the 🔀 button, or just stick with basic text. I'm not picky on formatting 😀

17 minutes ago, bramblefoot said:

nyello! i like ironssworn! im not too savvy on the whole HMTL thingies, but im interested

If you find a sheet you like using, the clone button is very helpful.

On 5/8/2024 at 6:47 AM, Eric said:

Good to see a couple characters coming together. pesukarhu caught the missing assets section in my character sheet template, so I'll get that fixed here shortly. Meanwhile, if you've got a concept and want some feedback on how to make it fit, feel free to post questions here or in your own new thread.

While there is some seafaring required at the beginning and end of the adventure (to/from the island), no character is required to be a sailor by background. Options for acquiring transport include:

• If you want to have a seafaring background, you could choose a boat/small ship as an Asset
  • You could hire a ship for passage (some sort of Vow for repayment?)
  • You could be hired by a merchant to explore the island (some sort of Vow to get paid?)
  • You could agree to be shipwrecked on the island (an Epic journey!)

I'm good for most of that; perhaps I'd be a bit wary of an Epic return journey as that would take forever to complete, if we are pursuing it!

On 5/7/2024 at 7:08 PM, bramblefoot said:

personally, im feeling a custom asset for a pair of hidden blades

Sounds suspiciously interesting 😆

On 5/9/2024 at 2:21 AM, Vladim said:

I'd be a bit wary of an Epic return journey as that would take forever to complete, if we are pursuing it!

I meant more the entire campaign would become an Epic journey to find a way off the island, but I get what you are saying about making the process too lengthy. In any case the progress meter will likely be tied to the completion of the module's milestones.

hidden blades

silent strike: when you strike +shadow, add +1, and take +1 momentum on a hit

hidden compartments: when you attempt to conceal something small in the hidden blades, sacrifice momentum (-1) to lower one of the challenge dice by one

simple bracers to the uninitiated: you can enter the fray +shadow by getting someone with a hidden blade

vampire bat companion

enhanced senses: when you face danger +wits, add +1 and take 1 momentum on a hit

aerial messenger: Your vampire bat is an excellent messenger. It can swiftly deliver small messages or items to specific locations. add +1 and gain +1 momentum to secure an advantage when using your vampire bat for delivery

blood drain: when you finish the fight +iron, add your vampire bats health to the roll

[+1] [+2] [+3]

Hey everyone, I'm interested in participating, so I submitted a character sheet.
I can basically play every day unless there's something that comes up.

Also I have a question, I made my character a waterborn archeress, so I wonder if she'd be allowed to have a small ship as an asset, based on this background?

19 hours ago, bramblefoot said:

i need a third asset, and im not sure on what. can i has some help?

I have no clue where to get custom assets from or how to design them, but Shadow-Walk ritual along with Shadow-kin path from the master set seems like a really cool combo

sea serpent

bioluminescence: when serpina resupplies at sea, you may use shadow instead of wits

sea reaper: your lung capacity has been expanded to compare with serpinas. when you score a miss on a battle roll while at sea, envision how you and serpina change tactics, and reroll any dice

scars of experience: when you and serpina defeat a sea monster of at least formidable, envision the mark it leaves on you and serpina. then you have a choice

memorialize it: when you face desolation, add +1 (one time only)

scarify it: when you face death , add +1 (one time only)

@Eric I posted a very short backstory, keeping things vague so as to make it easier to fit them into the setting. If it doesn't work, or if you need me to edit anything, just let me know.