Rekunaar Half Orc Faction Agent Ranger

Rekunaar

Half Orc Faction Agent Ranger

orc ranger 1.jpeg

Name: Rekunaar'esh

Character Concept: A servant of the Gatekeepers Druidic Order, Rekunaar has been sent to the Mournlands to pursue rumors of a Gatekeeper relic sighted in the area.

Race, Background, Class, Subclass: Half-Orc, Faction Agent, Ranger (Horizon Walker eventually)

Description: A tall and lean half-orc, he moves with finesse and poise normally not seen in one his size. He lacks the protruding teeth of his orc heritage but does have the greyish-green skin color and prominent pointed ears.

He is calm, capable and likes to be about his business with minimal fuss. He becomes irritated by people who get in his way. Although he's been taught that Nature has no mercy, he tries to find ways to help people who genuinely need it.

Plothook:  Oakhurst is a bustling, turn-of-the-century town located in what is otherwise an ancient, war-torn, and undoubtedly haunted frontier realm, the Mournlands. There is opportunity, riches, and adventure abound for those brave enough to risk life and limb.

Past is Prologue: Rekunaar crouched amongst the undergrowth, watching the house of his father. Tikamok was not really his father, his parents had died when he was just a babe, but Tikamok was his father. Like all houses in this part of the Marches, Tikamook's house was raised up on tall stilts to prevent water from seeping in. This was a remote part of the Marches because of the intractable swamps and bogs. Visitors seldom came this way. Which is why Rekunaar was watching the house, because visitors had come 2 days ago. Visitors from beyond The Marches and Tikamok had been inside the house with them for two days without a word other than 'Do not disturb us'. The others in the small village they lived in shrugged and went about their lives. But Rekunaar was curious. Who were they? Why were they here? One of the fisherman that had helped guide them in said that he had seen the dragonelle seal on one of their bags. Rekunaar knew that Tikamok had powerful magics that could be used to speak to people far away, and that he kept a flight of doves for sending messages to people beyond the Marches. So why had this group of people, possibly part of House Tharashk, come all this way to speak to his father? What were they talking about in there?

"What are you doing?", The voice, from right behind him, startled the half-orc and made him jump up involuntarily.  It was Tikamok, of course. The man could move as silently as anyone that Rekunaar had ever seen.

"I was just...uh.."

"Spying? Curiosity is good Rekunaar. But remember it was curiosity that killed the cat!", the small man laughed at his joke and looked at the embarrassed face of his adopted son. "You are curious about my guests? You were hoping to catch a glimpse of them?", he makes a small tsk sound in disappointment. "You are too late, I'm afraid. They left before dawn this morning. Heading back to Zarash'ak. You have spent your morning skulking for nothing.", he laughs again, loudly and begins walking towards his house.

"Come on now, we have matters to discuss."

Tikamok's house had always enthralled the half-orc. It was cluttered with all manner of odds and ends. Here an old map with places that Rekunaar had never heard of. There a set of polished bottles filled with a bright blue concoction. Petrified wood, animal skulls, feathers, books and trinkets. He had spent his youth wanting to touch it all and warned by Tikamok not to touch anything. The small, dark-skinned man was busy brewing some herbal tea over a small flame. Rekunaar knew better than to try to ask questions before the man had his tea. Once the tea had steeped and he had added some honey, the man handed a cup to Rekunaar and took his own and sat in the giant wicker chair that was the place he normally worked from.

"Let us cut right to the business at hand," Tikamok says taking a sip from his chipped teacup. "You were right to be curious about our visitors. They brought information that could impact you directly."

"Me? Why would they come all the way here to talk about me?", Rekunaar says, also taking a sip of the tea.

"Well, they didn't. But they did bring a 'problem' to me and I have proposed to make you part of the solution."

"A Problem? What kind of problem? How am I a solution?"

"This is Gatekeeper business, boy. You have done work for us before. Good work. You tracked that Dolgaunt for the hunting party a few months back. That was very well done. But this is different. Are you sure you want to continue on this path?"

"Father, you know that I would do anything you asked and that I have always held the beliefs that you taught me to heart. If I can help, then let me help.", he speaks quietly, but passionately. Tikamok nods.

"Very Well. The visitors brought news of a Gatekeeper relic sighted in the Mournlands.", he holds up his hand to stop the questions that Rekunaar is about to ask. "Yes, inside the mists. No, I don't know where. The information they had was...not what I would call reliable. Despite all that, we must act. The men you saw earlier sent an agent to retrieve this item. This agent was unsuccesful. They have come to me for help. And now I turn to you. I ask that you go to the Mournlands and find this item."

Rekunaar sits for a moment, taking it all in. Finally, he speaks. "Well, what am I looking for?"

"It's a stone tablet. No bigger than a medium sized book. There are inscriptions on it, but you won't be able to read them. There is a seal of the Gatekeepers carved into it and inlaid with gold. It will have a magical aura."

"Ok. Where should I look?"

"The last..agent started at the settlement of Oakhurst. You should probably start there."

"That's...a long journey."

"I've arranged for a ship to take you from Zarash'ak to Korranberg. From there, you'll have to make your own way to the Mournlands. There's no easy way, but I'm sure you will come up with something."

"I'll be going alone?"

Tikamok sighs, "I wish I could go with you, boy. I wish I could send a whole hunting party. But I can't. This could very well be a wild goose chase. I can't commit all of those resources,"

"Then why me? Why am I going?"

"Because this might not be a wild goose chase. If this is real, then it is vital that we recover this artifact. Absolutely vital. If you find real information on this tablet it must be recovered at any cost. Do you understand?

"Yes, but again..why me?"

"First, because I trust you. This is vitally important. Secondly, if anyone could find it, it is you. You are good, my son. and thirdly, it will give you experience of the world beyond the Shadow Marches. That will do you good."

Satisfied with the answers and taking pride in his father's confidence in him.

"When do I leave?"

Loyalties: Rekunaar was basically raised by a Gatekeeper Druid. He is fanatically loyal to their cause and sees their work as the most important work in Khorvaire.

Deity: He worships nature itself, but it's more than that. He worships the world of Eberron and is able to tap into the magic of the world itself through that worship. He sees himself as a protector of the world itself.

Edited by RagallachMC (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

They see me rollin'

Edit: I'll take statline 2 Thank you very much!

Name
Statline 1
15; 13; 16; 7; 13; 8
drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest) [4,5,1,6]; [4,5,1,6,1,2,6,5]; [4,5,1,6,1,2,6,5,6,4,6,3]; [4,5,1,6,1,2,6,5,6,4,6,3,2,2,1,3]; [4,5,1,6,1,2,6,5,6,4,6,3,2,2,1,3,2,2,6,5]; [4,5,1,6,1,2,6,5,6,4,6,3,2,2,1,3,2,2,6,5,1,1,3,4]
roll
14; 18; 9; 17; 14; 13
drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest);drop(4d6,lowest) [6,4,2,4]; [6,4,2,4,6,6,6,3]; [6,4,2,4,6,6,6,3,2,5,2,2]; [6,4,2,4,6,6,6,3,2,5,2,2,6,6,3,5]; [6,4,2,4,6,6,6,3,2,5,2,2,6,6,3,5,6,4,4,4]; [6,4,2,4,6,6,6,3,2,5,2,2,6,6,3,5,6,4,4,4,4,1,4,5]

Lineage: Half-Orc

• Ability Scores: Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution increases by 1.
  • Size: Medium
  • Speed: 30 ft.

Darkvision. Thanks to your orc blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Menacing. You gain Proficiency in the Intimidation Skill.

Relentless Endurance. When you are reduced to 0 hit points, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this feature again until you complete a long rest.

Savage Attacks. When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Orc. Orc is a harsh, grating language with hard consonants. It has no script of it's own, but is written in Dwarven script.

Background: Faction Agent(Gatekeepers)

• Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Investigation
  • Tool Proficiencies: None
  • Languages: Elvish, Infernal
  • Equipment: An emblem of your faction, A copy of a seminal faction text, A pouch containing 15gp

Feature: Safe Haven

As a faction agent, you have access to a secret network of supporters and operatives who can provide assistance on your adventures. You know a set of secret signs and passwords you can use to identify such operatives, who can provide you with access to a hidden safe house, free room and board, or assistance in finding information. These agents never risk their lives for you or risk revealing their true identities.

Suggested Characteristics

Personality Traits

• I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and try to use them as an example for my actions
  • I see omens in every event and action. The world speaks to us, we just need to listen

Ideals

• Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my faction's favor by matching my actions to their teachings.

Bonds

• I owe my life to the Druid that took me in when my parent's died.

Flaws

• I am inflexible in my way of thinking.

Posted (edited)

Ranger

Level Proficiency Bonus Special Features Spells Known
1 +2 Favored Enemy, Natural Explorer 0
2 +2 Fighting Style, Spellcasting 2

Hit Point

Hit Dice: 1d10

Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + your Constitution modifier

Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d10 (or 6) + your Constitution modifier per Ranger level after 1st

Proficiencies

Armor: light armor, medium armor, shields

Weapons: simple weapons, martial weapons

Tools: none

Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity

Skills: Choose 3 from Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth and Survival

Starting Equipment

You start with the following items, plus anything provided by your background.

• (a) scale mail or (b) leather armor
  • (a) two shortswords or (b) two simple melee weapons
  • (a) dungeoneer's pack or (b) explorer's pack
  • a Longbow and a quiver with 20 arrows

Alternatively, you may start with 5d4 × 10 gp to buy your own equipment.

Level 1: Favored Enemy (Aberrations)

Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy.

Choose a type of favored enemy: aberrations, beasts, celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, giants, monstrosities, oozes, plants, or undead. Alternatively, you can select two races of humanoid (such as gnolls and orcs) as favored enemies.

You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.

When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.(Deep Speech)

Level 1: Natural Explorer(Swamp)

You are particularly familiar with one type of natural environment and are adept at traveling and surviving in such regions. Choose one type of favored terrain: arctic, coast, desert, forest, grassland, mountain, swamp, or the Underdark. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you’re proficient in.

While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:

• Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
  • Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
  • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
  • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
  • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
  • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Level 2: Fighting Style

At 2nd level, you adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options. You can’t take a Fighting Style option more than once, even if you later get to choose again.

Two-Weapon Fighting

When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.

Level 2: Spellcasting

By the time you reach 2nd level, you have learned to use the magical essence of nature to cast spells, much as a druid does. See chapter 10 for the general rules of spellcasting and chapter 11 for the ranger spell list.

Spell Slots

The Ranger table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your ranger spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell’s level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.

For example, if you know the 1st-level spell animal friendship and have a 1st-level and a 2nd-level spell slot available, you can cast animal friendship using either slot.

Spells Known of 1st Level and Higher

You know two 1st-level spells of your choice from the ranger spell list.

The Spells Known column of the Ranger table shows when you learn more ranger spells of your choice. Each of these spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots. For instance, when you reach 5th level in this class, you can learn one new spell of 1st or 2nd level.

Additionally, when you gain a level in this class, you can choose one of the ranger spells you know and replace it with another spell from the ranger spell list, which also must be of a level for which you have spell slots.

Spellcasting Ability

Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your ranger spells, since your magic draws on your attunement to nature. You use your Wisdom whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Wisdom modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a ranger spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Statblock

Medium humanoid (Half-Orc), Neutral Good
Age: 20 years old Height: 6′ (182.8 cm) Weight: 178 lb. (80.7 kg)
Armor Class: 15 (11 leather + 4 DEX) Max HP: 20 (2d10 + 4)
Speed: 30 ft.
Proficiency Bonus: +2

STR
15(+2)

Save: +4

Athletics: +2

Carrying Capacity: 225 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 450 lb.

DEX
19 (+4)

Save: +6

Acrobatics: +4
Sleight-of-Hand: +4
Stealth: +6

CON
15(+2)

Save: +2

INT
14 (+2)

Save: +2

Arcana: +2
History: +2
Investigation: +4
Nature: +4
Religion: +2

WIS
17 (+3)

Save: +3

Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +5
Medicine: +3
Perception: +7
Survival: +5

CHA
9 (-1)

Save: -1

Deception: -1
Intimidation: +1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1

Damage Resistances:
Damage Immunities:
Senses: darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 17, passive Insight 15, passive Investigation 14
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Orc, Deep Speech, Elvish and Infernal
Proficiencies: light armor, martial weapons, medium armor, shields, simple weapons

Actions

• Short Sword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
    • Hit: +6 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.
  • Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target.
    • Hit: +6 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage.
  • Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
    • Hit: +4 3 bludgeoning damage.

Bonus Actions

Two Weapon Fighting. When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you're holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you're holding in the other hand. When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack

Reactions

—

Feats

Level 1: Skill Expert

You have honed your proficiency with particular skills, granting you the following benefits:

• Increase one ability score of your choice by 1, to a maximum of 20. (Dexterity)
  • You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice. (Survival)
  • Choose one skill in which you have proficiency. You gain expertise with that skill, which means your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make with it. The skill you choose must be one that isn’t already benefiting from a feature, such as Expertise, that doubles your proficiency bonus. (Perception)

Posted (edited)

Spellcasting

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Wisdom modifier

Spell Slots: 1st:2

Known Spells

• 1st Level - Absorb Elements, Hunter's Mark

Posted (edited)

Inventory

Backpack

• Mess Kit
  • Rations x10
  • Tinderbox
  • Torch x10
  • Faction Emblem
  • Guarding the Gates, a Faction text for the Gatekeepers

Rope, Hempen 50' (on backpack)

Bedroll (on backpack)

Waterskin (on backpack)

Clothes, Common (Wearing)

Leather Armor (Wearing)

Quiver w/20 arrows (wearing)

Longbow (on backpack)

Shortsword (on hip)

Shortsword (On hip)

Currency: 15gp

Posted (edited)

Rekunaar

Half-Orc Faction Agent Ranger

orcranger2.jpg.aae3fc113b55d505a36ab0136d5da0fd.jpg

AC: 15 ( Leather, +4 Dex) | HP: 20/20 | Speed: 30 ft.

Senses: passive Perception 17, Insight 15, Investigation 14
Str: 15 (+2) | Dex: 19 (+4) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 9 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Deep Speech, Elvish, Infernal, Orc

Spell Slots: 2/2

“My words,” Rekunaar said. | ‘My thoughts’ Rekunaar thought. | My actions . . .

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Arrows: 20/20

OOC: