Joining a Public game

OzzyKP

I received a notification: "___ has invited you to join _____"  I click on the notification and it takes me to the overview page of the game.  There isn't any button to join the game.  There is a button to Follow, but not join.  Am I missing something?

Ah, right now that game is set to public, presumably for an ad period. You likely got that invite right before the game visibility was changed, so the GM can’t really invite you until the game is toggled back to Private or Read-Only.

• 6 months later...

After review, this is out of the box Invision Community behavior. There are a couple potential options, but I think the best one is to modify the template so if it's a Public game but you have an invite pending, it tells you to come back after the advertisement period has closed on (date). That has the least likelihood of negative interactions with other platform behavior (Public games can't be joined, so even if I put the button there it would come back as No Permission) and makes it clear why the Join button isn't there.

@Colin thoughts?