Character Creation Guidelines

Kavonde

Finally posted a character as an application! Looking forward to (hopefully) playing Lerris Ninthborne in your game if I make the cut.

Also, fair warning. I'm not used to this site at all so apologies in advance for how the application looks.

Edited by Rider Z (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Rider Z said:

Finally posted a character as an application! Looking forward to (hopefully) playing Lerris Ninthborne in your game if I make the cut.

Also, fair warning. I'm not used to this site at all so apologies in advance for how the application looks.

No worries! I deliberately chose Baldr over OGMW because I am a cruel man who wants to mess with people. I mean, because I wanted to introduce people to the toolset and see what they can do with it. That one. Definitely that one.

Anyway, looks like I have a few applications to look at...

20 hours ago, Knave said:

@Kavondeminor thing, changed Auction's Archetype to be loremaster, which is just a way better thematic fit 

All good. I guess I should note, "completed" doesn't mean you can't change a few things. I'll post something when I start doin' final reviews.

18 hours ago, Ozymandias2008 said:

Planning to apply with a Cloistered Cleric of Shelyn later tonight. Played about with Hero Forge and Pathbuilder for a while.

Its been a while since I've played on MW and I think that may have had an impact on my two recent applications but I'm gonna keep plugging away. Screenshot_20221110_165835.jpg.965875f4a637d186d6754beece34511e.jpg

Yeah, that's always an unfortunate side-effect of a long-running community. I've only been around since this last summer, myself, and I feel like I was in the same boat.

Oh, speaking of new stuff, quick tip: when you drop a picture into a Baldr post, you can double-click it to bring up a little menu that lets you adjust the size and align it. Lets ya do floating text around the pic.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Kavonde said:

No worries! I deliberately chose Baldr over OGMW because I am a cruel man who wants to mess with people. I mean, because I wanted to introduce people to the toolset and see what they can do with it. That one. Definitely that one.

This is part of what attracted me to this site actually! I have yet to play with something so highly customizable and I'm eager to get attuned with the toolset.

3 hours ago, Kavonde said:

Oh, speaking of new stuff, quick tip: when you drop a picture into a Baldr post, you can double-click it to bring up a little menu that lets you adjust the size and align it. Lets ya do floating text around the pic.

This is invaluable knowledge, think I might go in and edit my application now with this in mind.

2 hours ago, theredshirtwholive said:

I've got Trained in Nature from both my bloodline and my background. How should I handle this?

Yep, what BlackHat said. If you would get the same skill Trained twice, you get to pick any other skill you want to be Trained.

Hi GM, I posted my new character idea, and I think it’s complete…hopefully it’s not too kooky an idea to try a low Dex, low Cha Swashbuckler…not really sure how I got there starting from a half-elf Dex based ranger, lol. Hopefully a 16 starting attack stat is functional, heh. Didn’t realize optional flaws don’t allow me to make it an 18, but I was pretty taken by the concept at that point, lol.

Pathbuilder still doesn't have a fully integrated version of Sword Scion, so I had to add the Unconventional Weaponry feat as a Custom Option to make it work.

Edited by crazncanuck (see edit history)