Character Creation Guidelines

Kavonde

Remember, we're using the Free Archetype, Ancestry Paragon, and Gradual Ability Boost optional rules. (Only Ancestry Paragon matters at first level, but if you're planning your build ahead of time, you'll want to keep that in mind.) You're allowed one Voluntary Flaw.

On your character's application, please include the following: Name, Class, Ancestry, and Background. You don't need to have a full character sheet ready to go, but I do need that basic information. Please also consider what Archetype you plan to take at Level 2, and what Leader Role you think your character would be best suited for. (See the Kingmaker Player's Guide for information about the eight Leader Roles.) And, of course, please include some details about your character, such as their backstory, personality, and physical description.

Also, please include a picture! And remember: lovely art is always nice, but HeroForge models are just fine. What's important to me is seeing an accurate representation of your character.

Don't worry about getting too fancy with your application; I know a lot of folks are learning Baldr, and it just doesn't have as many cool tricks to it as OGMW. Focus on the important stuff; decorate later.

(On a related note, be aware that any colored text you use might not be visible to other users. I'm sticking with the default Baldr theme, but someone using the Lime theme, for example, might have trouble reading green text.)

Oh, one more thing: let me know in this thread when you consider your application completed, and I'll move it to a Completed Submissions folder.

If you have any questions, this is the thread to ask them in.

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Would love to be part of this AP! I will throw in my application that didn't make the cut in the other game that just started, but please let me know if you find it a terrible fit. I personally really want to see this character in action, but I do have something more in line with reading directly from the Player's Guide.

20 minutes ago, Kistler said:

Would love to be part of this AP! I will throw in my application that didn't make the cut in the other game that just started, but please let me know if you find it a terrible fit. I personally really want to see this character in action, but I do have something more in line with reading directly from the Player's Guide.

That's what I just did! Submitted my Brevic Noble Fey Summoner for play here. 🙂 Alexandra and Trixie must see the light of day! They must I say!

1 minute ago, Kyper007 said:

That's what I just did! Submitted my Brevic Noble Fey Summoner for play here. 🙂 Alexandra and Trixie must see the light of day! They must I say!

Yeah, I hate when I have to put them back into the dark spreadsheet where they dwell and they never get to see the light of day. I haven't been doing this long enough to have a full-on library, but there are a couple in there that you just know will never get in a game.

Would be great to be in another game with you Kyper.

39 minutes ago, crazncanuck said:

Ooh, I am very interested. I'd love to take a second crack at applying to this AP, as long as you don't mind a complete newbie to Pathfinder attempting to make a character.

Absolutely good with that. I do recommend checking out PathBuilder 2, though. Fantastic app that helped me get my head around the system when I checked it out.

33 minutes ago, Kistler said:

Don't feel like you have to use one of the campaign backgrounds, just so long as your character has a reason to be in Restov.

6 minutes ago, crazncanuck said:

I'm trying to decide whether to resubmit, or attempt to create something new again. I think I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow. Maybe I'll find different art as inspiration.

No rush! You've got 'til the 19th. I might even allow multiple submissions per player if inspiration's really striking. Torag knows how many hours I've spent tinkering away on PathBuilder.

2 hours ago, Kistler said:

Yeah, I hate when I have to put them back into the dark spreadsheet where they dwell and they never get to see the light of day. I haven't been doing this long enough to have a full-on library, but there are a couple in there that you just know will never get in a game.

Would be great to be in another game with you Kyper.

Agreed! I hope we both make it! And that I can roll better in this one! LOL!

@KavondeMy Thaumaturge is complete.

If you are okay with secondary applications I may submit a second that is more traditional for the AP; a wilds/primal/survival oriented character, instead of the current one that will likely have notes of 'city-boy in the woods'.

Edited by Kistler (see edit history)