Amy's Miniature Journey

Amy

I also decided I was mentally done with this one when I finished the Ogre Chieftain.

This is Merowyn Light star (#77675) from Reaper.

She's a lovely Paladin/Cleric/Fighter from Reaper that is wearing "realistic" armor, rather than a platemail bikini. I like the sculpt and would absolutely recommend.

PXL_20230203_050650263~2.jpg

PXL_20230203_050706925~2.jpg

PXL_20230203_050659059~2.jpg

man these are so good, i'm very jealous. I'm getting into the groove of painting some minis myself but i'm still trying to find a good source, here in australia the opportunities aren't great, i've looked to buy some on etsy but even from australia the post is 20 bucks or around there. Some from international sellers want 30, 40, 50.. I saw someone selling a single mini for 12 dollars with 102 dollars shipping! lol

WHAT?!  That's outrageous!

On 2/4/2023 at 6:19 AM, Neopopulas said:

man these are so good, i'm very jealous. I'm getting into the groove of painting some minis myself but i'm still trying to find a good source, here in australia the opportunities aren't great, i've looked to buy some on etsy but even from australia the post is 20 bucks or around there. Some from international sellers want 30, 40, 50.. I saw someone selling a single mini for 12 dollars with 102 dollars shipping! lol

Okay, I just checked, Reaper Miniatures has an Australia warehouse and thus ships from your home country.
The Bones USA miniatures aren't bad.  That last two I painted were Reaper miniatures.  So I would go to Reaper's Website (click here!)!

7 hours ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

Have to admit, I’ve been loving seeing these miniatures.  They’re exceptionally well painted.  Just wish I still had the eyesight and steady hands to still do this myself … alas, age catches up with us 🙁

Tell me about it!

I have an optivisor to see with, but actually painting more has helped the hand shakes.

Also, never compare yourself to someone else.  It's hard, I know.  You can look at someone's work and say "I want to try to paint in that style" or "I want to have clean painting like X" and use it as a goal.  But in the end, you are never going to look exactly like someone else's painting.  So don't try to dominate things exactly or compare exactly.

Got some new paint colors.  Packing for a conference so no pretty pictures.

First is a Reaper Bones V succubus - the teals and gold NMM are some of my new Kimera Kolors.

The second one, Gisele the Sorceress from Reaper is Tenebrous Teal on the dress.

My gosh, I love that color.

PXL_20230215_015722946~2.jpg

PXL_20230215_015728621~2.jpg

PXL_20230215_015539495~2.jpg

PXL_20230215_015543847~2.jpg