Shalli Valdeniai, elven smith

spitfire6006006

Name: Shalli Valdeniai

Class: Mesmerist (Material Manipulator)spacer.png

Race: Elf (Vourinoi)

Campaign Trait: Skymetal Smith The fires atop Torch Hill have long been a boon to smiths and metalworkers, and your family is no exception. Whether you grew up in Torch or simply made several trips here with your parents to use the fire, this was to be your first time to use the torch for your own project. You managed to use the fires to craft a small weapon or piece of armor from skymetal, but not long thereafter the fires went out. The violet flames are as much a part of your upbringing as anything else, and their loss distresses you; you hope to find a way to rekindle the torch below the hill. You’ve long hoped to work with skymetal, and begin the game with a small metal bauble made of the skymetal of your choice—you made this item yourself. The item is nothing more than a valuable art object worth 100 gp. You can sell it to gain an additional 100 gp when creating your character, but if you keep it, your pride in its crafting grants you a +2 trait bonus on Will saving throws made against emotion and fear effects. You lose this bonus if you willingly sell or give up the item, but if it is destroyed or lost through no fault of your own, you retain a +1 trait bonus on such Will saves.

Statblock

Shalli Valdeniai
F CG Elf Mesmerist (Material Manipulator), Level 1, Init 3, HP 8/8, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 14, Fort 0, Ref 5, Will 2, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0   
  Elven Curve Blade +3 (1d10, 18-20)
  Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16

B

ackground

Originally from Osirion, Shalli always had an interest in working with metal rather than the "living" materials most other elves preferred to craft with. In fact, her latent psychic abilities already had power over the living. Vourinoi already have a Desnan urge to wander, so when she heard of a land far to the north that had several types of mysterious metal from the heavens, she couldn't resist the urge to leave her homeland, journeying through the Inner Sea and making her way up the Sellen to Numeria. Hearing of its strange nature, she eventually made her way to Torch, settling there.

She hasn't been there terribly long, mostly working as an assistant to other more established smiths, but she worked to get her chance to use the torch herself, crafting herself a glove from skymetal to protect her hand from the forge. It wasn't much, but she couldn't afford to start working on larger, more elaborate projects. And she wanted her first to be something for herself rather than something for a possible customer.

Edited by spitfire6006006 (see edit history)
Name
Starting Gold
3d6*10 6,5,4

Story-wise:
Torch does have a population of approximately 25 elves and 32 half-humans.  Family is certainly a possibility.  Interest in Skymetal is also definitely something that would draw people to Numeria in general.  Ultimately it's your story to craft.

Mechanics-wise:

• This campaign is at 20 Point-Buy.  You seem to have created a character with 25?
  • Besides ability score modifiers and the Desert Runner alternate racial trait, I do not see any of the elven racial traits recorded?
  • "Painful Damage +1", do you mean the Painful Stare class feature?
  • I do not see a favored class bonus?

3 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Story-wise:
Torch does have a population of approximately 25 elves and 32 half-humans.  Family is certainly a possibility.  Interest in Skymetal is also definitely something that would draw people to Numeria in general.  Ultimately it's your story to craft.

Mechanics-wise:

• This campaign is at 20 Point-Buy.  You seem to have created a character with 25?
  • Besides ability score modifiers and the Desert Runner alternate racial trait, I do not see any of the elven racial traits recorded?
  • "Painful Damage +1", do you mean the Painful Stare class feature?
  • I do not see a favored class bonus?
  • Ah, yeah I may have mixed it up somewhere, I'll redo that (probably tomorrow)
  • I can write them in. I guess I just tend to leave out the default ones that I already know
  • Yes
  • I think I hadn't decided yet when I was working on it whether to put it into the racial one or into a point