Aldric Talvalin, Inquisitor of Brigh

Starhawk

Aldric Talvalin, Half Elven Brigh Inquisitor

Class: Inquisitor

Subclass: Keeper of Constructs/Sanctified Slayer

Role: Combat, Skills. 

Appearance

Aldric is a sharp featured half elf, very stern looking. He's not actually stern, it's just that he has 'resting killer face'. Tall, Aldric tapers inwards from the shoulders down to the waist. He has the build of an archer, but his muscular development is on account of swinging a nine foot polearm. He's one of the few residents of Torch who uses a polearm and his polearm stands out from most on account of the hook on it.   

Personality

Aldric comes with a droll sense of humor of the 'it could be worse, it could be raining' sort, generally delivered deadpan. He's got an easy grin when he deigns to use it, not that this over-rides the generally negative effect of his severe stern features. He has started taking lessons from a local bard on how to better present himself, but this is very much a work that has future progress attached to it. He likes inventors and tinkerers but is the first to admit that he has no talent for such things. He doesn't draw attention to the fact that much of his interest is connected to his curiosity as to the best way to take lethal constructs to pieces.

Background

Aldric, a local boy and the third of five sons, is one of those Brigh Temple Inquisitors known for pursuing uncontrollable constructs or abusive or careless inventors. He has an uncle, Horvath, who tracks down criminals for money and Aldric seems likely to follow in his footsteps. Like others of his temple he is particularly protective of abused intelligent constructs, as well as of people threatened by rampaging constructs. As such, one of his primary concerns is the preservation and repair of such constructs and punishing any who abuse them. [Brigh Pathfinder Wiki]

For the moment, Aldric does manual labor and guard work to make ends meet. He works hard, parties hard and spends a lot of time on weapon practice.

Aldric also has a secret unspoken thing for Val Baine, Khonnir's daughter. At least he thinks its secret. His frequent courtly presence in and around Khonnir's place has neither gone un-noticed nor unremarked upon in some quarters. 

Alliances/Predelictions/Opinions

Technic League - Bunch of scrounging, extortionist bastards, sucking Torch dry with their tribute demands. We should stop paying them. Fight them if they come.

Black Sovereign Kevoth Khul - Hear he's a bad sort. The sort that kills you and your entire family, burns your house down and pisses on the ashes. Hope he stays far away.

Torch Town Council - Not bad folk, but should have stood up to the Technic League before now. Wouldn't mind getting a seat on the council. Chivy them towards action.

Temple of Brigh - For me it's a home away from home. Joram Kyte, the Priest, is admirable. If I end up like him, save more martial I would consider myself a lucky man.

Chapel of the Wanderer - Every town needs a Pharasman Priest eventually. 

Skymetal Smiths - The life blood of our community. To be respected.

Technologists/Inventors - Amazing folk, who need someone looking over their shoulder to put the genie back in the box if need be.

Khonnir Baine - He was in the Technic League wasn't he? He needs to volunteer what he knows about their people and their operations.

Val Baine - Khonnir's daughter. Should fortune shine on me.. my future wife.

Androids - Androids are people, no more, no less.

Robots - Robots are either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit they're not my problem.

Male Neutral  Half Elf Inquisitor (Keeper of Constructs)/(Sanctified Slayer)

Level 1, Init 2, HP 9/9, Speed 20'
AC 17 (18 vs constructs), Touch 12 (13 vs constructs), Flat-footed 15, CMD 16 (17 vs constructs)  Fort 3, Ref  2, Will 4, CMB +4, BAB 0   
Fauchard +4  (1d10+6, 18-20/x2)
Cestus +4 (1d4+4, 19-20/x2)
Javelins (4) +2 (1d6+4, x2) 30'
Lamellar Leather and Armored Kilt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition Normal - Immune to Sleep & Ghoul Paralysis, +2 saves vs Enchantments, Darkvision 60' and Low Light Vision

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Name
Starting Money GP
4d6*10 4,3,3,3

Story's good.  Lol the resting elf face.

Mechanics-wise:

• Don't believe that half-elves get human regional dialects out the gate, just common?
  • Spells known: Should be 4 orisons, and 2 1st Lv's, plus your 1 bonus from Wis score.  You only have the 1+1 recorded
  • Spell DCs not recorded
  • He doesn't have an outfit (The first one is free up to 10gp!).  Is Aldric an exhibitionist?
  • Is he the kind that be like "keep the spare change"?  The money doesn't quite add up, there's a 4s 8c surplus that's not recorded.  He hates Nickleback doesn't he...
Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Thanks for the review..

1. I took a rank in linguistics to pick up an additional language.

2. Spells fixed.

3. Spell DCs fixed

4. He's picked up an outfit.

5. Nickleback that's like an American band? Yeah, he's a keep the change sort, small attempts to counteract the resting elf face.