Val Baine

Wiz

2 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Yes. One single drawback for an additional trait.

Or are we talking about feats (because I believe @Inash is correct, flaws for feats are a 3.5e thing)? O.o I’m confused

Yes, flaws for feats was a 3.5 thing. I usually use the flaws spot on a pathfinder sheet for any drawbacks.

Just a quick question.  I know that the balance of feats to traits is 1 to 2.  So, since there are no flaws, is it possible to take two disadvantages for a feat?  Of ccourse, that's purely a GM call... whether he wants to allow more than 1 disadvantage.  Just something that occured to me as I was pondering. 🙂

Oh I see.

The question is, why the push for more feats up front? Lv 3 is just around the corner really, and if we're giving up infusions for a combat ability that wouldn't otherwise be available for Investigators, I mean, you're still getting your extracts right away, and one of the other party members could potentially fill in the healing/buffing role until then, or just buy some potions?

You get feats more often with Pathfinder than you did with 3.5 (if I remember right). They also made a very concerted effort to make sure there were no levels where a class doesn't improve or gain a feature of some sort. You will scale up pretty quickly.

Oh, I forgot you were going with a gunslinger VMC. I hear Iron Gods has some cool tech items, I can’t wait to see them in action! If there aren’t a bunch of laser rifles and things, I’ll eat my hat!

Something tells me there won’t be as many cool, techy toys for the hippies and nerds full casters among us, though.

So... what about the feat or trait we discussed allowing INT based Grit (as with Siege Engineer).  Since I have a level 20 version of myself, I might want to take that. 🙂

ITS, I just noticed a problem with my build.  According to the rules I can't take Exotic Weapon Proficiency (firearms) at first level because the prerequisite is having a BAB of 1, and mine is 0 (technically, 0.75).  This will self correct at 3rd level when I'm granted Exotic Weapon Proficiency (firearms) by my VMC, and I retrain the first level feat to something that would normally be availalbe only at 1st level.  Do you want to talk about a work around, have me change anything, or let it slide for now?