Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund, half-elven swashbuckler

farothel

name: Vrilundass ‘Vri’ Arund

race: Half-Elf

description: 

She’s good looking, having the best of both her elven and human blood.  She has dark red-brown hair and blue eyes.  She has many different outfits from the sombre green-black to the extravagant, depending on what she plans on doing.  She always tries to dress correctly for the occasion.

She can look like a human, a full blood elf or a drow if she wants to.

personality:

She’s very outgoing, often being the loudest in the inn and willing to talk and perform as long as someone is willing to listen and watch.  This often helps when picking up information.

However, that all changes when she’s on a mission that involves stealth.  Then she becomes focused.  People who have seen her in the inn before wouldn’t recognise the figure who can sit still and watch someone for hours on end.

She has a serious grudge against slavery and the governments and religions that allow it.  She knows her mission comes first, but if she can get away with it, she’s not averse to some sabotage left or right.

Deep inside she's rather vain and would like to have songs and plays about her and her deeds.  So far she's not sure what should be big enough for this, but she's sure something will come up.

background: 

Vrilundass was the only daughter of an escaped Nidal slave and an elf woman who had attached herself to a traveling theatre troupe (and helping out with some of the music).  They had kept him hidden and he joined the show, doing the odd jobs left and right.  Unfortunately he was already older when he escaped and he wasn’t in the best of conditions to start with and he got ill when she was about 2 years old and died soon after.  A years or so later, her mother grew bored with the traveling circus and went back to her homeland, leaving Vri with a couple in the troupe for reasons that nobody ever told her.  The only thing she left was a silversheen curve blade with a small symbol engraved on the pommel and also on the underside of the blade.  It took her some time to learn how to use it, but she persevered. 

So she grew up in the theatre, learning to read from the scripts, playing with the few other children and acting.  She took to it quickly and soon she was on the main stage playing roles for gnomes and goblins, which the group at that moment didn’t have.  She also often had the role of off-stage narrator, as she had a very pleasing voice.  Under the tutelage of her adopted father, she progressed quickly and learned a lot.  One of the performers did shows with swords and from him she learned a great deal about fighting (he also acted as a guard while they were traveling).  When she grew up she also did some other roles, especially since she learned she could change into a human or a full elf.  And even a drow, something that scared the rest of the troupe the first time she did it.

Things started to change when she was 20 years old.  Her adoptive parents had always told who her real parents were and stories about slaves they had saved, but now their circuit brought them near Numeria, as they had multiple times.  But this time there was a group of slaves that had escaped the Technic League.  Vri wanted to take them in and help them, but the group was too big to much more than give them a meal and some basic medical assistance.

Vri didn’t agree and when the ex-slaves moved on, she went with them, trying to help as much as she could, which wasn’t all that much.  When they said goodbye, she started wandering the lands, using her skills with her sword and as a performer to find places to eat and sleep.  This also brought her to Torch, being a guard on caravans to and from the town.  She always stayed in the inn of Khonnir Baine when in the town, singing in the evening (if there wasn't a real bard in there of course and even then she didn't say no to a double).

character sheet: Vrilundass Arund

spacer.png

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
roll
5d6*10 2,6,1,1,2

Story-wise:

Where was Vri and what was she doing for the period from 24 Erastus up to 14 Arodus? And how does it lead her to being in Hajoth Hakados?

Mechanics-wise:

• I'm guessing FCB point was spent in HP?
  • Missing a Lv 1 feat
  • Guessing the silversheen rapier is the signature moves item, and that it's masterwork?
  • I see Keen Senses and Skill Focus (Perform), but a Misc mod of +5 on Perception on the skills table
  • lol we're playing Strange Aeons? If so I'm in some royally screwed up fugue state. o.O;;

I've done the updates.

1) yes, FCB in HP

2) lvl1 feat is two-weapon fighting

3) changed it to an elven curve blade, but yes, I can get a MC item up to 900 gp, and silversheen includes MC and is +750gp, so it's 830 in total for the curve blade.

4) removed skill focus to gain proficiency with the curve blade and adapted the sheet

5) something that I forgot to update

story wise, I can have her guard a caravan that brought something to Hajoth Hakados, making that I'm in that town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Level 2 Changes

Charmed life 3/day

+1 BAB, +1 Ref

Active Skills: +1 bluff, +1 Diplomacy, +1 Perception, +1 sense motive +1 Swim

Background Skills: +1 Appraise, +1 linguistics

HP: +7

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
hitpoints
1d10 5