Save +1
Arcana +3 | History +1 | Investigation +1 | Nature +1 | Religion +1

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1
Animal Handling +1 | Insight +3 | Medicine +1 | Perception +1 | Survival +1

Charisma 16 (+3)
Save +0
Deception +5Intimidation +5 | Performance +3 | Persuasion +5

(E) denotes expertise. / Bold denotes proficiency.

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools Disguise kit
  • Instruments None
  • Weapons Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaves, light crossbows
  • Armors None

CLASS ABILITIES

Spellcasting, Sorcerous Origin (Aberrant Mind), Psionic Spells, Telepathic Speech, 

RACIAL TRAITS

+1 Constitution, +1 Charisma, Skill Bonus (Arcana), Feat (Telekinetic)

FEATS

Telekinetic

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• light crossbow (20 bolts)
  • Daggers (x2)
  •  

SPELLS

SPELL SLOTS 2/2 (1st)

• Sorcerer - Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Spells Prepared: N/A

CANTRIPS (Sorcerer)

Mind Sliver, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shape Water

FIRST LEVEL (Sorcerer)

Shield, Magic Missile, Arms of Hadar, Dissonant Whispers

(C) Denotes concentration. / (R) Denotes reaction spell. / (B) Denotes bonus action spell.

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE ( lbs.)

• Weight: 76.5 lbs. / 120 lbs. max. (15 x STR Score)
  • Penalty: None

MONEY POUCH (0.5 lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 0 | Gold: 25 | Obsidian: 0 | Platinum: 0

( Coins x .02 lbs. =  lbs. Total Weight)

EQUIPEMENT READIED ( 17 lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor (0 lbs.) None
  • Weapons (7 lbs.) Light crossbow, 2 daggers
  • Readied Items (10 lbs.) Purse, set of fine clothes, signet ring, arcane focus (orb), 20 crossbow bolts

EQUIPMENT STORED (59 lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack ( lbs.) 10 days of rations, Mess kit, Tinderbox
  • Strapped to Backpack ( lbs.) Waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope, Bedroll

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home

* Denotes magic item (see below)

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

ATTUNED (0/3)

APPEARANCE

Age 19 Height 5'6'' ft  | Weight 150 lbs. | Hair Platinum blond | Eyes Pale grey |  Complexion Fair

BACKGROUND

BREVIC NOBLE
Source: Campaign

• Personality Traits: I use my hands when I talk. Like, a LOT. Watch out for your eyes!
  • Personality Traits: My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world.
  • Ideals: Protect the Small. I defend those who can’t defend themselves. I stick up for the weak. I speak for those without voices. No harm will come to them in my presence.
  • Bonds: I'm engaged to marry into royalty, yet the family won't allow the ceremony until I prove myself worthy and "above the station granted by blood".
  • Flaws: I'm above menial task that could be done by a servant.  I'm from a privileged pedigree after all.

Politics Lore: The politics skill measures a kingdom’s embrace of civic life of all kinds, from deeply rooted local traditions to cosmopolitan cross-cultural connections. It also reflects the importance of the citizenry’s shared values, whether they are dedicated to freedom and justice or to more unsavory ethics. You may add your proficiency bonus to any ability check that has to do with politics. If already proficient in that skill then you gain advantage.

BACKSTORY

The night Nikolay was conceived, his parents - wealthy noble cousins to King Noleski - hosted a party at which many strange things occurred. The food and wine seemed to go bad in people's mouths, the room felt strangely cold, and people kept catching glimpses of an otherworldly figure in the mirrors.  The day after, half the livestock of the village nearby were mysteriously dead... Afterward, all came back to normal, and no investigation revealed why this phenomenon even happened.  Eight months later, a bit premature but in good health, Nikolai was born under a red moon night.

Nikolai was shown at a very young age strange powers.  He was able to lift objects with his mind and create harmless illusory objects of his desire.  His parents, very concerned, consulted an arcane expert named Salazar Sacorsca who divined that the child had sorcerous blood, but he could determine the exact origin of his powers.  And he also told them that without training and discipline, his power could become wild and dangerous for himself and the others.  In exchange for magic items from their treasury, they hired the mage to train their son.

Between training, Nikolai was attending the family court with his father, who taught him everything he could to his son about politics and diplomacy.  Nikolai was a good student, but was also full of himself because he was actually good at it, on top of having magical skill and natural talent. He was even problematic by the moment, flirting with courtier, more aged noble women and had a particular knack at stirring the pot during meetings and banquets.  In the end, he was a good person, but he wanted to challenge his parents and the others to prove he was superior, and because he was utterly bored doing nothing interesting like learning arms like his brothers and sisters, or adventuring out of the manor.

The day that Natala Surtova came to visit their court herself.  Nikolai tried his shenanigan again, while it amused the Queen more than anything else, and made his father furious.  He decided that his son had to be married soon.  Weeks after, he negotiated with Poul Orlovsky to marry his niece Sylvanna, which could prevent them from getting an alliance with house Lebeda, which Queen Natala accused Lander of treason and was expecting revolutionary action from them.  It would also repair the damage caused between the Surtova and the Orlovsky after the Queen made the political move of this declaration, which almost ended in armed conflict.  But Poul Orlovsky is not a foul.  He made a condition for this marriage to happen - Nikolai Surtova had the task of joining the recent project of sending adventurers to tame the Stolen Lands and establish a new nation in this forsaken place.  This condition was abysmal as it was genuinely a masterful political move - it would reinforce both families in an extraordinary way, securing new possibilities: It would create a backdoor under Lebeda, which would tame their revolutionary ideas, among other benefits as trading rights and advantageous alliance in the south.

Nikolai could have run away from his duty or find a way to get out of this deal, but Sylvanna is quite a beauty and he has fallen in love with her inner and outer strength - she is shown to be a powerful person which the young man immediately admired.  For the first time of his life, even if it was for his own selfish reason, he decided to stop acting like a spoiled son with the Surtova blood, but also act in the name of his lineage, and prove that their fold was meant to rule, and many other great things.  He joined the quest of taming the Stolen Land, despite the great danger and high odds of failure.

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

@bwatford

Nikolai Sartova is ready for review.  Took me some time, but I finally set my mind on the backstory and what kind of character I wanted to play, since I'm a newbie to the Pathfinders lore (only played once before).

Thanks, and cheers!

16 minutes ago, Harding said:

@bwatford

Nikolai Sartova is ready for review.  Took me some time, but I finally set my mind on the backstory and what kind of character I wanted to play, since I'm a newbie to the Pathfinders lore (only played once before).

Thanks, and cheers!

Thanks for the application, looks like a solid fellow. We have about a week left until final selection.

Good luck, I have marked Nicolay as completed.

Nicolay Surtova - Chaotic good Human Noble Sorcerer 1 https://i.imgur.com/y9DNaZL.png

AC: 12 | HP: 8/8 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Darkvision : 60 ft | Spell Slots : 1st 2/2 | Save vs Death:

Spells knownCANTRIPS (Sorcerer)

Mind Sliver, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shape Water

FIRST LEVEL (Sorcerer)

Shield, Magic Missile, Arms of Hadar, Dissonant Whispers
| Ability scores/skills/savesStrength 8 (-1)
Save -1
Athletics -1

Dexterity 14 (+2)
Save +2
Acrobatics +4 | Sleight of Hand +2 | Stealth +2

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +4
No skills associated.

Intelligence 12 (+1)
Save +1
Arcana +1 | History +1 | Investigation +1 | Nature +1 | Religion +1

Wisdom 12 (+1)
Save +1
Animal Handling +1 | Insight +3 | Medicine +1 | Perception +1 | Survival +1

Charisma 16 (+3)
Save +0
Deception +5 | Intimidation +5 | Performance +3 | Persuasion +5
| Spellcasting modsSorcerer - Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack Mod: +5 | Proficiencies-Tools: Disguise kit

- Instruments: None

-Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaves, light crossbows

- Armors: None
| Special actionsTELEPATHIC SPEECH

Starting at 1st level, you can form a telepathic connection between your mind and the mind of another. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. You and the chosen creature can speak telepathically with each other while the two of you are within a number of miles of each other equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 mile). To understand each other, you each must speak mentally in a language the other knows.

The telepathic connection lasts for a number of minutes equal to your sorcerer level. It ends early if you are incapacitated or die or if you use this ability to form a connection with a different creature.

TELEKINETIC

You learn the mage hand cantrip. You can cast it without verbal or somatic components, and you can make the spectral hand invisible. If you already know this spell, its range increases by 30 feet when you cast it. Its spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.

As a bonus action, you can try to telekinetically shove one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. When you do so, the target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + the ability modifier of the score increased by this feat) or be moved 5 feet toward or away from you. A creature can willingly fail this save.