The Grand Market Inn and Tavern OOC

hoverfrog

On 3/8/2024 at 8:47 PM, dhemon said:

Goodberry Wine heals a flat 8hp, so nothing to roll, but also can only be used once per 8 hours.

woof. missed the part where you can only have it once per 8 hrs. guess it makes sense, it fills you up

On 3/8/2024 at 10:48 PM, fenrirlokison said:

I guess I roll the goodberry? Is just drinking some enough to get her back up?

A mouthful cures 1 hp, a bottle cures 8 hp. You can just drink the whole bottle.

Now if I drank a bottle of wine in one six second round, I wouldn't be fit for anything but this is magic.

9 hours ago, hoverfrog said:

A mouthful cures 1 hp, a bottle cures 8 hp. You can just drink the whole bottle.

Now if I drank a bottle of wine in one six second round, I wouldn't be fit for anything but this is magic.

Are we not using the 3.5 version? In the Five Nations sourcebook, a bottle is 5 doses, with each dose healing 8hp.

That changes things a bit. I'll have to do some research on other potential sources of healing that can be used in the Mournland. Psionic healing powers usually fall under Psychometabolism, which is treated as being equivalent to Transmutation, so that might be the way to go.

On 3/13/2024 at 3:28 AM, dhemon said:

Are we not using the 3.5 version? In the Five Nations sourcebook, a bottle is 5 doses, with each dose healing 8hp.

That changes things a bit. I'll have to do some research on other potential sources of healing that can be used in the Mournland. Psionic healing powers usually fall under Psychometabolism, which is treated as being equivalent to Transmutation, so that might be the way to go.

That's what I get for not checking. Yes, you're right.

Goodberry Wine

Goodberry Wine: Druids living in the Greenhaunt (a forest in northern Breland) were the first to createand sell goodberry wine, which is often packaged for travel in small clay jugs. Prior to 994 YK, goodberry wine was sold only in the Brelish hamlet of Hatheril. However, it has gained popularity since the formation of the Mournland and can now be purchased throughout the Five Nations. Unlike normal curative potions, goodberry wine functions in the Mournland. A jug of the wine contains five doses, and each dose cures 8 points of damage as well as provides nourishment as if it was a normal meal for a Medium creature. An imbiber benefits from only one dose in a single 8-hour period; drinking additional doses of goodberry wine or eating additional goodberries during this time has no effect.
Faint transmutation; CL 1st; Craft Wondrous Item, goodberry; Price 250 gp; Weight 1/2 lb.

On 3/12/2024 at 11:28 PM, dhemon said:

Psionic healing powers usually fall under Psychometabolism, which is treated as being equivalent to Transmutation, so that might be the way to go.

Oh? That may be a very good deal for us then. Bonesetter may have us covered more than I thought.

13 hours ago, fenrirlokison said:

whelp, Nox dont know much of anything with a 5. We have papers, right? Not sure if we actually want to bother showing said papers, but we got something, right?

It's pretty standard to have identity papers in Khorvaire. Unless you have some reason not to have them, to have false papers, or a reason to hide your actual identity for some reason then you should have them.

It occurs to me that I really should have actually specified a bit about Roderick's extra identification papers beyond 'variety'. Having a ID from Kharrnath would be handy right now, but it feels like it might be a bit too much of a stretch, even with how paranoid he tends to be, given that the country is on the other side of the Mournland from where he was.

I *think* I paid for 10 sets of extra IDs, but that's another thing I neglected to record when I deleted the cost. 🙄

Edited by dhemon (see edit history)

8 hours ago, miteke_mw said:

How many of the undead are there, and how much healing were we able to do before they intercepted us?

There are at least a score of them (20)

To'Nari is 4 down, Roderick is 13 down, Nox is on full, Remi is 10 down, Bonesetter is 5 down, and Terry is 8 down (unless you drank a goodberry wine, I'm unclear on that).

On 3/19/2024 at 8:10 PM, hoverfrog said:

CHARACTER STATUS

To'Nari Roderick

4 damage: 23 from Lightning Rail, 11 healing, 8 goodberry wine

13 damage: 13 from Lightning Rail

Nox Remi

10 damage: 1+1 from glass zombies, 18 from Lightning Rail, 10 healing

Bonesetter Terry

5 damage: 17+1 damage from glass zombie, 3 non-lethal damage, 5 Repair Light Damage, 14 from Lightning Rail, 13 repaired, 9 repaired

8 damage: 6+1+2+2 damage from glass zombie, 5 from Lightning Rail, 8 healing