Campfire Chats

bwatford

299331ded0154be25809e9d3c315e478.jpg

The day was just like any other. Filled with adventure, excitement, and exhaustion. But now the sun has set and the cool touch of the night is only kept at bay when near the campfire. It crackles and pops in a chaotic rhythm of comfort beckoning you into your memories and deep thoughts. Crickets and other wildlife sounds echo around you as your eyes pierce the darkness during your watch.

((This is can be used when people want to just chat with another character or characters. It will help us develop bonds and memories between our characters. It doesn't have to be a campfire. This is just what I set up initially.))

• 5 weeks later...

Killian Ravenhold - Dwarven Bard 1 :  - Character Sheet

spacer.png

AC: 12 | HP: 11/11 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 11 | Darkvision : 60 ft
Bardic Inspiration : 3/3 | Spell Slots : 1st 2/2
Dwarven Resilience | Haughty Obstinacy | DM Inspiration:  0 | Death Saves : 0/0

Features

Dwarven Resilience

-ADV vs Poison Saves

-Resistance vs Poison Damage

Dwarven Toughness (+1 HP / LVL) 

Stonecunning : Expertise History Stonework

Languages : Common, Dwarven, Elven

Tools : Possess + Proficient : Cartography

Tools : Proficient Thieves, Masons, Smiths

+ 1 Proficiency TBD

Killian walks over to Ottokar and confronts the awkward elephant, in the room, so to speak.    

"So. 'Cousin'. Its been made very clear to me, that we aren't supposed to get along. Supposedly, we are ancient enemies, and nothing will ever bridge the gap or repair the blood feud between our peoples. Now. I don't know about you, but I kinda despise being told what to think. Always have. Some might say I'm stubborn. Some might say I'd have a crown today, if I weren't so opinionated, so willful, so belligerent. I have few things to say to them, fewer still fit for decent company. While I despise being told what to do, I'm not about to run headfirst into a barrel of needle fish just because told me not to."

Killian takes a fresh measure of the man before him. As different as they obviously are, how similar might they be underneath? How could one know, if they only listen to the morons of the world? 

"On that note. I thought you should know. I don't care what anyone says. I give you the same trust I give everyone else. You honour it or you neglect it. If you honour my trust, you will earn more. If not, not. Seems right to me. The haters can get bent for all I care. You aren't my enemy, unless you choose to be. I hope you'll give me the same chance. We may rely upon each other before this mission is over."

Killian meamt every word. He wasn't hear to advance the political cause of one tribe of Dwarves, one House in Brevoy. Especially if they wanted little to do with him. No. His mind was made up. He would seek out allies, wherever and whoever, and he would seek out lost history. The legends told of ancient kingdoms lost to time, waiting in the Stolen Lands.

Killian meant to uncover them, reclaim them. Everyone would know the name Killian Ravenhold. 

Mechanics : 

Darkvision 60 ft 

Main Hand: 
Off Hand:  Horn

Action:  ...
Bonus Action:  ...
Move:  ...
Manipulate:  ...
Concentration: ...

Weapons: 
Dagger : +3 To Hit / 1d4+1 P DMG / (20/60) Melee / Thrown / Light / Finesse 
Light Hammer : +3 To Hit / 1d4+1 B DMG / (20/60) Melee / Thrown / Light
Javelin : +3 To Hit / 1d6+1 P DMG / (30/120) Melee / Thrown
Light Xbow : +3 To Hit / 1d8+1 P DMG / (80/320) Range / Ammunition / Loading 

Spells Prepared
Cantrips : 
Blade Ward
Vicious Mockery

1st Level Spells :
Comprehend Languages (Ritual)
Detect Magic (Ritual) (Conc)
Unseen Servant (Ritual) 
Healing Word (B)

Stonecunning = Expert = +4
Athletics = +3
Arcana = +2
History + +2
Deception = +5
Persuasion = +5 
Outcast Noble Charisma vs Nobility = Disadvantage
Haughty Obstinacy : ADV Saves vs Charm effects (that seek to control my actions)
Haughty Obstinacy : Opponents Have Disadvantage to Intimidate Me

OOC : 

Juusst opening a dialogue with Ottokar. This is a conversation that takes place at some point when we have spar time. It shouldn't effect the main story, as to when it happens exactly. 

Edited by Sweegy One (see edit history)