Leave game confirmation

Rumrunner

On a mobile, sometimes the screen jumps while loading.  This can cause an accidental push of the "leave game" button.  There's no request for confirmation, you're out.  Please add a confirmation prompt if possible, I've done this a couple of times, it's a bit of nuisance.

Thanks for your time and consideration 🙂

I went through exhaustive checks of different browser and theme combinations with multiple users, and we were not able to find any combination that didn't have a confirmation prompt. What browser are you using?

(Separately, we are looking at a layout change to nest that button one more layer so mis-clicking is less likely.)

I haven't had this particular problem, but I have had the occasional issue with chrome on various other sites.

I don't know what causes it, but the button (confirmation or otherwise) appears way off screen on my phone as if the site randomly decided to go full desktop, rather than stay mobile.

Maybe it's that?

I am not a code monkey, I couldn't say.  Just know that you aren't crazy, @Rumrunner!

Next time it happens, grab a screen shot?

Though, I suppose the after isn't gonna help.

Nevermind!

Maybe I'm not explaining well... I think the button is in the indended spot, more or less. Generally what happens is I began to scroll, ie slide the screen up with my finger, but an image or something loads. So the screen pans down a smidge and instead of pressing neutral space to slide, I click the leave game button.  No prompt or anything, I'm just out of the game.  What I'm requesting is a popup of something that says something to the effect of "are you sure", or something at least not dead centre. 

Like I said, this has happened twice.  I'm confident I can duplicate the effect every time by clicking leave game.

I accidentally left this game once:

Screenshot_20230208-072527_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

Maybe I'm not explaining well... I think the button is in the indended spot, more or less. Generally what happens is I began to scroll, ie slide the screen up with my finger, but an image or something loads. So the screen pans down a smidge and instead of pressing neutral space to slide, I click the leave game button.  No prompt or anything, I'm just out of the game.  What I'm requesting is a popup of something that says something to the effect of "are you sure", or something at least not dead centre. 

Like I said, this has happened twice.  I'm confident I can duplicate the effect every time by clicking leave game.

I accidentally left this game once:

Could you have your GM send me an invite and give me a link to the specific thread you were trying to read that the issue occured in? Sounds like it might be an edge case and I'd like to attempt a same condition test to reproduce.

1 hour ago, SerakHawk said:

Could you have your GM send me an invite and give me a link to the specific thread you were trying to read that the issue occured in? Sounds like it might be an edge case and I'd like to attempt a same condition test to reproduce.

It happened in two different games... Can I ask what it is supposed to do differently? 

@Eric Potential bug. There is a width error involved when you are on mobile when there are lots of pictures / tables in the thread in question that pushes the prompt into a wierd place / wider than the mobile forced width. This could be causing someone quickly scrolling to press confirm without really registering the prompt.

Video file larger than allowed upload

Edited by SerakHawk (see edit history)

This Thread: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/2509-session-2-eldritch/page/15/#comments

DuckDuckGo confirmed issue the same as Chrome, off centers view and messed up location of prompt to be in line with scrolling and not immediately visible 

Firefox confirmed even worse. The popup greys the screen and is not visible unless you continue to scroll - when you scroll the grey continues for a brief bit and disapears just below the partially visible prompt.

Edge confirmed issue the same as Chrome.

Opera confirmed issue the same as Chome.