General OOC

rogueblade0729

On 1/25/2024 at 10:02 PM, rogueblade0729 said:

Yes, you may keep the Warden's Gift! One of the limitations of PbP is that the group can't all actively respond and bounce off each other's ideas in the moment, so I imagine if were were all playing IRL you two would've sorted this out before any dice were rolled.

Awesome. Thank you!

Hey all, just checking in. I've been slammed with work lately. I'm planning on having Léofwyn continue her Fellowship phase in Rohan, where she will do the horse training undertaking with Aelfric. Then she will be returning to Bree in the spring to collect her new dwarven broadsword.

I've been a little out of commission lately, too. I was slammed with work, and then tested positive for COVID on Friday. I'm feel mostly okay now (and ready to get out of quarantine!), just a little fatigued.

Okay, so it seems like weekends are gonna be my prime opportunity for GM posts for the foreseeable future.

Reading through the Interlude thread, it seems I owe responses to Amdiran and Galian. Leofwyn is doing her own thing, so no need for me to interject at this time. As for Orn... I'm not entirely sure what you've decided, @Papa Bear. Heal Corruption, sure, but you also expressed interest in Meeting a Patron from Baraz-dum, right? If none of the other Undertakings interest you, we can certainly make that happen!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 11:19 PM, Papa Bear said:

I've got two shadow points. I think that's OK to move on without healing the corruption, yes? If so, the patron.

Excellent! I'll get a post up for you tonight.

Also, thank you all for your patience. With my job and other obligations taking up most of my week, I think most of my in-character Loremaster posts will be relegated to the weekends for the foreseeable future.

I struggle with these big, wide open role-playing scenarios, so I'm ready to move on whenever you all are. I'm better with more concrete objectives. That's not a complaint at all, just my way of saying I'm still here despite Galian not digging into this further. Take your time, and I'll still be here when it's time to move forward. This is a fun game and I'm glad you all asked me to join.

All good! Fellowship Phases are pretty unique when compared to other TTRPGs. This is essentially downtime, where you get to show off your character and take the lead in their narrative. Unlike other systems, in Middle-earth, you are people with your own lives FIRST, and adventurers SECOND. So, this is also an opportunity for you to advance a plotline in your backstory as you would like! I’m just here to help facilitate that with dice rolls or playing certain NPCs.

The Adventuring Phase is much more traditional, as you saw.

• 2 weeks later...

@Papa Bear @codexgigas @grimlock @BobtheWizard

Thank you all for your patience these last two weeks! Real life military training got a little intense and taxing, which usually means my Gamemastering quality and energy tends to tank first. Although I've been able to enjoy a short break, I mostly spent my free time vegging out and play Helldivers 2 with my friends. I'll be wrapping up our Fellowship Phase once Fletcher finishes his meeting with the Schoolmistress, then head into the Adventuring Phase with everyone all gathered again at the Pony.

This time will be a little different. Instead of following one of the official adventures, we'll be doing a little sandbox! You're looking for information on the whereabouts of Gorlanc and his men, as well as whatever schemes that may be at work in Bree. I've given you points of interest and NPCs to seek aid from, but however you wish to approach this is up to you.