General OOC

rogueblade0729

You can absolutely empty the barrow of treasure. That's why you are out here in the first place, after all. While Tomas is claiming it as his inheritance, there's an argument to be made it never really belonged to him, or his uncle Timeas, if Grór's vengeful claims are to be believed.

In other words, you won't get Shadow points for emptying the barrow, but you will need to discuss what to do with it all to Tomas, the leader of this expedition.

If the Company wishes to empty out the barrow, I won't have you make any more Athletics checks or whatnot. All of the peril at this point has passed, so we can assume the Company will take their time and be thorough in their search.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Okay, so it seems like you all want to empty the barrow and claim the treasure within! There is just one thing I need from the group before I continue.

Within this barrow is the opportunity to recover a Legendary piece of wargear. A weapon, a suit of armor, a helm, a shield, something like that. However, there is only the guarantee that one such item can be recovered, and to do so, you must expend Inspiration for it. Normally, there is no such guarantee, but the adventure specifically lists that there is exactly one such item here among the hoard. Since you all are taking your time to empty out the tomb, this means you should get said item.

I believe no one used their Inspiration since the start of the Adventuring Phase, meaning you all should have one, unless I am mistaken. As such, I will give you all a choice:

1. The group collectively decides on one person who has a GUARANTEE of recovering this Legendary item, which normally requires a natural 20; or
  2. Everyone expends Inspiration and rolls on the Magical Treasure table, with no guarantees of what you each may find. Could be junk, could be something good.

Discuss this amongst yourselves, and let me know what you all wish. There will be plenty of other loot besides this one item, but considering the low probability of getting a Legendary item in the first place, and considering how the adventure is worded, I felt this was a fair compromise so that no one is favored in what should be an equal opportunity. We all get to act as "fate" in this one moment.

14 minutes ago, rogueblade0729 said:

Alright, so it seems like we've narrowed it down to Amdiran or Leofwyn.

@codexgigas @grimlock Any preferences? If not, I can just do a coin flip.

If it’s ok I’d rather roll.

1 is Amdirin!

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)
Name
Favored PC 
1d3 1

Sorry for the delay, all. Between the holidays and getting back into work this week, I've been swamped.

I won't say no to a magic item. However, Amdiran is currently guarding the prisoner, not searching the barrow. We can always have someone else offer to guard our prisoner so that puts Amdiran in the barrow itself.

I'll also be perfectly content if Leofwyn ends up with the item, since she is searching the barrow.

Edited by codexgigas (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Alright. I appreciate Bob's initiative to roll for us, but just to make it absolutely fair, now that everyone's spoken their mind, I will be the one to roll now. It should be my final say, my hand that rolls the dice, flips the coin, makes the call.

1 means Leofwyn, 2 means Fletcher.

Name
Coinflip
1d4/2 4