General OOC

rogueblade0729

@BobtheWizard I have just added you to the Roll20 game, so you should be able to see, move, and edit Galian's token. For reference, the entrance to the barrow is a 12 ft drop to the floor below with no staircase but plenty of handholds in the rocky surface. The Company, however, did tie a rope to the top, so climbing it up and down is easy. Without the rope, you would need to make an Acrobatics check to descend and an Athletics check to ascend, DC 10 for both.

2 minutes ago, rogueblade0729 said:

@BobtheWizard I have just added you to the Roll20 game, so you should be able to see, move, and edit Galian's token. For reference, the entrance to the barrow is a 12 ft drop to the floor below with no staircase but plenty of handholds in the rocky surface. The Company, however, did tie a rope to the top, so climbing it up and down is easy. Without the rope, you would need to make an Acrobatics check to descend and an Athletics check to ascend, DC 10 for both.

Thanks. It seems to work fine.

@codexgigas @Papa Bear @grimlock @BobtheWizard It seems like the Company is escaping Black Barrow to confront the brigands on the surface. So be it! I've updated the Roll20 map for you, and have placed you all in the northeast corner. The brigands will be approaching from the southwest.

Go ahead and move yourselves anywhere within the green zone where you would like to be when combat begins. The map notes the terrain features in the southeast corner. Here is a more fleshed-out version, which will be copied in the IC thread posts.

Terrain Features

• Frozen Bog. Crossing the icy stream of the bog is somewhat treacherous. Entering a square with ice (partial or full) is considered difficult terrain. Once per turn, when first entering a square with ice, a creature must make a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or fall prone. If a creature rolls a 5 or lower on the saving throw, the ice breaks and they fall through, immediately gaining one level of Exhaustion from the frigid waters. The bog is not so deep as to fully submerge a Small or larger creature, so movement may continue as normal afterwards.
    • A creature may also attempt a Long JumpWhen you make a long jump, you cover a number of feet up to your Strength score if you move at least 10 feet on foot immediately before the jump. When you make a standing long jump, you can leap only half that distance. Either way, each foot you clear on the jump costs a foot of movement.

This rule assumes that the height of your jump doesn’t matter, such as a jump across a stream or chasm. At your GM’s option, you must succeed on a DC 10 Strength (Athletics) check to clear a low obstacle (no taller than a quarter of the jump’s distance), such as a hedge or low wall. Otherwise, you hit it.

When you land in difficult terrain, you must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to land on your feet. Otherwise, you land prone.
      over the frozen bog.
  • Trees. A number of snow-covered trees dot the landscape. If a creature stands in a square with a tree, they gain half-cover. Due to the snow, the creature is also lightly obscured and may attempt the Hide action.
  • Elevation. The land is gently sloping. If a creature attacks another creature from higher elevation (check with DM if unsure), they gain Advantage on the attack roll. There is no penalty for attacking from lower elevation.

@BobtheWizard Apologies, I should have clarified. Please move your token wherever you like WITHIN the green outline in the northeast corner. If you want to move for the high ground to the north, that's fine, but you'll have to start inside the green zone since that's when initiative is rolled. I put an "X" on the map where Galian would be able to get to at that point, if that's still your plan.

7 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

Oh gosh. We got there just in time - exactly 6 sends before them. whew. That was close.

Token moved.

Yep, exactly. Moving stealthily is slower than moving openly, so realistically Galian only had a few minutes to get ahead of them, warn the Company, then prepare for battle.

Good thing she arrived when she did, too: the Company might have ended up sealed inside the barrow, if Gror took them by surprise!

to my eye, it looks like we're standing on the edge of a rise of +10 feet, yes? With two slopes up, one where Léofwyn and the other where Galian is? Assuming I'm reading this right, Orn is going to go over by Galian to pull some 'hot gates' action (And in case you don't know, the "hot gates" was the nickname given to what the 300 Spartans did at Thermopolis... not something naughty!)

I guess I just want confirmation of this before I post.