General OOC

rogueblade0729

Excellent roleplaying, you guys! I wanna give you all a reward, but seeing as how most of you have Inspiration already (and Inspiration is a little boring), I'll offer each of you a choice from the following:

1. Earn 100 XP as you take to heart the lessons learned from this encounter.
  2. Immediately make a DC 15 Wisdom or Charisma saving throw. On a success, remove 1 point of Shadow, as your bonds of Fellowship lighten your hearts against the darkness you just passed through. There is no penalty on a failure, even on a natural 1. Remember you can use your Inspiration for this! I'll even let Amdiran expend Warden's Gift to help, if he has the uses.
  3. Gain one use of the Encourage ability: until the end of the adventure, as a Reaction, you may grant another PC or allied creature a +5 bonus to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw, as you grow to rely on and uplift one another. You may expend this use to help your fellows make their saving throws, as mentioned above.

You may choose ONE of these options, individually. Please do so by the time you get your next posts up in the IC thread.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Orn's going to take option 3. Sadly, I used my Inspiration and my odds of making the wisdom save is pretty slim (not terrible, I'd need to roll a 14, so only a 30% chance of making it). Plus, Option 3 sounds more like Orn anyway.

Hello friends. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like Grendel will be parting ways with us. It's just an issue on their end with time and keeping up with all of their games, ours included. That unfortunately means our fellowship will now be reduced to three (four if you include Aelfric).

We should still be able to complete the current quest with those numbers, but after we finish, would you like to try and recruit a few more players? I feel a party of 4 would be sufficient, in order to fill every Journey role, but I can go up to 6 if we get a large influx of applications. If not, I'm happy to continue running for you three, I'll just have to adjust some encounters accordingly.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, grimlock said:

I'm fine with adding a few more.

Although we do have a pretty good "three hunters" vibe going on. 😂

Yes you do! The only thing you would have to worry about here is your Journeys. There is a penalty to taking on multiple roles at a time, unless you have a thing for that (i.e. being a Wanderer who is also the Guide).

Of course, if you guys prefer, you could always take on an NPC follower to help you. We have a number of characters already associated with your party: Orn's Ered Luin cousins, Leofwyn's trader allies (and Gondorian crush), and Fletcher's Ranger kin. This companion would be somewhat weaker than you, and you'd get some measure of control over them (especially in combat). But I won't force that on you if you'd rather stay as a trio.

BobtheWizard is in several games that I'm in and is a really reliable player. I can see if he might be interested in joining if that sounds good to everyone.

Also, on Roll20, I still only see the area map, not the map of the barrow.