General OOC

rogueblade0729

2 hours ago, BobtheWizard said:

She was banished, so I should probably keep with Mirkwood. Hate to not be allowed into part of the campaign.

Ha! If you wanted an "in" with the local dwarf, being banished from Mirkwood would be it!

As to level, I started at level 1, but the vets were like level 2 so it wasn't bad. I personally I'm fine if Bob's elf gets to start at level 3

37 minutes ago, rogueblade0729 said:

Alright, that’s 2/3. Bob’s elf will start at the party average of level 3.

Cool. As long as my character is ok, I can jump in whenever you think it's appropriate. If you want, I can still role-play that she's thoroughly impressed with the current PCs. I'm excited to see Papa Bear's Warhammer in action.

For the most part, your character looks good! There are two things that needs addressing, however:

1. AiME's balance is generally skewed to favor Dex builds more than Str builds. To address this, we are using 5e's Variant: Encumbrance rules. Please be sure to account for that on your character sheet.
  2. In my interpretation of the mechanics, your Known Lands are a bit too generic. The way I rule things is that you pick regions based on their presentations in the AiME maps, not broad swathes like Eriador or Mirkwood. Check out the map posted here to make your selections: Bree-Land, North Downs, the Shire, and each individual section of Lone-lands. With you being a Wanderer, I am willing to share with you the LM version of these maps so you can better see the borders between regions.

5 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

For the most part, your character looks good! There are two things that needs addressing, however:

1. AiME's balance is generally skewed to favor Dex builds more than Str builds. To address this, we are using 5e's Variant: Encumbrance rules. Please be sure to account for that on your character sheet.
  2. In my interpretation of the mechanics, your Known Lands are a bit too generic. The way I rule things is that you pick regions based on their presentations in the AiME maps, not broad swathes like Eriador or Mirkwood. Check out the map posted here to make your selections: Bree-Land, North Downs, the Shire, and each individual section of Lone-lands. With you being a Wanderer, I am willing to share with you the LM version of these maps so you can better see the borders between regions.

Thanks for your help with the areas. I reduced her equipment to fit under 55 pounds. I ended up going with Bree-land, Weather Hills, South Downs, Trollshaws, High Pass, and the northern, brown Lone-lands, and not taking the Barrow Lands since that's where they are now. That way she can be stuck there with them for now.

6 hours ago, BobtheWizard said:

Thanks for your help with the areas. I reduced her equipment to fit under 55 pounds. I ended up going with Bree-land, Weather Hills, South Downs, Trollshaws, High Pass, and the northern, brown Lone-lands, and not taking the Barrow Lands since that's where they are now. That way she can be stuck there with them for now.

Quick note, the party is currently in the Midgewater Marshes, not the Barrow Downs. They are uncovering a barrow, yes, but it's in the Marshes rather than the Downs. They probably won't face a wight out here... probably.

8 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

Quick note, the party is currently in the Midgewater Marshes, not the Barrow Downs. They are uncovering a barrow, yes, but it's in the Marshes rather than the Downs. They probably won't face a wight out here... probably.

I guess I will be able to guide them out right away then. It would be weird to drop the Weather Hills and keep everything surrounding it. I like the idea of her Known Lands being along the road. It's a good combination of being fairly useful and fitting a story - that she travelled back a forth from Bree/Shire to the Mirkwood and then has stayed on this side of the mountains for the past several years.

Although the others probably aren't lost. Just go south and you hit the road.

Nice! Having beaten the DC by 5 or more, Léofwyn is able to retrieve two items from the depths! Let's see what she finds…

Going for the first shiny thing she can find, Léofwyn retrieves 11 gold pieces from the barrow! She can chance further dives if she wishes. Feel free to roll as many Athletics checks as you'd like, stopping on the first failure.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)
Name
Treasure!
7; 3
1d20;1d20 [7]; [7,3]
Gold
2d6 5,6