General OOC

rogueblade0729

16 hours ago, codexgigas said:

BobtheWizard is in several games that I'm in and is a really reliable player. I can see if he might be interested in joining if that sounds good to everyone.

Also, on Roll20, I still only see the area map, not the map of the barrow.

I'm not familiar with BobtheWizard, but if you vouch for him, that's good enough for me. I'm reaching out to someone else myself, so maybe we can run with a party of 5!

4 hours ago, codexgigas said:

@rogueblade0729 Bob is interested! His username on here is BobtheWizard, no spaces, if you’d like to send him an invite.

He’s really reliable. He’s in two games I’m DMing on OGMW, and I’ve played in several other games with him.

Excellent! I'll see to inviting him to the game after lunch today.

Sure. Just know that this campaign will be primarily based in Eriador, so you won't see very much of Mirkwood. You will see Rivendell, though, so if you want a more personal connection there the High Elves may be better suited. Still, we have a Shield-Maiden of Rohan and a Dwarf of the Iron Hills in this Company, so feel free to play whatever you want!

39 minutes ago, rogueblade0729 said:

Sure. Just know that this campaign will be primarily based in Eriador, so you won't see very much of Mirkwood. You will see Rivendell, though, so if you want a more personal connection there the High Elves may be better suited. Still, we have a Shield-Maiden of Rohan and a Dwarf of the Iron Hills in this Company, so feel free to play whatever you want!

She was banished, so I should probably keep with Mirkwood. Hate to not be allowed into part of the campaign.

1 hour ago, BobtheWizard said:

Do I roll stats? 4d6d1 x6 for two sets and pick one? If they're both bad, can I use 27 point buy?

How are HP after 1st level determined?

Precisely. Roll two sets, if you don’t like 'em go point buy.

HP is up to you: roll for it, or take the average.

38 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

She was banished, so I should probably keep with Mirkwood. Hate to not be allowed into part of the campaign.

Totally understandable. I like to merge peoples' backstories into the game, so it will likely come up at some point, but you won't be blocked from Rivendell.

Also, there is something I would like to mention. Historically, new PCs in this campaign have started at level 1, because I think having a gap in power level is perfectly thematic for a LOTR game. All of the hobbits and many of the dwarves started as level 1 characters, but they grew into their own and could stand among their peers. This was the case with each of you when you first joined the campaign.

With new players coming in, I’m wondering whether this policy is worth holding onto. I will defer to our current players on this matter. What do you all think? Maybe average party level -1? Or should we scrap it entirely?

@Papa Bear @codexgigas @grimlock

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)