General OOC

rogueblade0729

Posted (edited)

Alright folks, post is up! Looks like you all made out like bandits... but what shall you do with the treasure? What is to be done with your prisoner? With Tomas, who is now lame, and his badly injured father? What of the spectres that Fletcher called forth to aid you, and the mysterious Black Tablet that granted you such a "miracle"?

Once your characters have wrapped up these plot points, we can call this adventure complete. No Journey rolls or anything are required to return to Bree.

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

Looks like we have a total of 57 gold in coins and 125 gold treasure, plus 142 silver and 69 copper. How do you all want to divide this?

My suggestion is to split the coins between us, give Tomas and Nick the Pearls, return the jewelled hilt to Bree, return the chain to the Dunedain, and then sell the rest to split among the party. The sword has been claimed by Fletcher, and Léofwyn has taken the ring she found before the battle.

That gives each party member: 33g, 5c

Not giving ANY treasure to others would net an additional 15g each

Treasure

• 27 gold pieces + 30 gold pieces (recovered earlier)
  • 142 silver pennies
  • 69 copper coins
  • A small gold ring, worth 5g
  • A ring of silver, studded with a fine emerald (total value 10g)
  • A jewelled sword-hilt, worth 20g (sentimental to the Men of Bree)
  • Pearls of great worth, total value 20g
  • A lordly chain of gold, bearing the emblem of Arthedain, worth 20g (sentimental to the Dunedain)
  • A golden crown, bearing seven shining sapphires, worth 50g
  • Fletcher's Sword
  • Léofwyn's Ring

17 hours ago, rogueblade0729 said:

@codexgigas Egeleb is a well-chosen name! It is a broadsword, but none of its qualities have been revealed to you… yet. That is something to consider for your Fellowship phase.

Nice! It seemed a choice that gave a lot of room to develop regardless of the sword's specific qualities.

8 hours ago, grimlock said:

Looks like we have a total of 57 gold in coins and 125 gold treasure, plus 142 silver and 69 copper. How do you all want to divide this?

My suggestion is to split the coins between us, give Tomas and Nick the Pearls, return the jewelled hilt to Bree, return the chain to the Dunedain, and then sell the rest to split among the party. The sword has been claimed by Fletcher, and Léofwyn has taken the ring she found before the battle.

That gives each party member: 33g, 5c

Not giving ANY treasure to others would net an additional 15g each

Treasure

• 27 gold pieces + 30 gold pieces (recovered earlier)
  • 142 silver pennies
  • 69 copper coins
  • A small gold ring, worth 5g
  • A ring of silver, studded with a fine emerald (total value 10g)
  • A jewelled sword-hilt, worth 20g (sentimental to the Men of Bree)
  • Pearls of great worth, total value 20g
  • A lordly chain of gold, bearing the emblem of Arthedain, worth 20g (sentimental to the Dunedain)
  • A golden crown, bearing seven shining sapphires, worth 50g
  • Fletcher's Sword
  • Léofwyn's Ring

Sounds good to me.

Orn doesn't need the money... but his IS a dwarf and once he sees those golden coins... we'll he'll have to take a cut. However, he's buying drinks and victuals when they get back to Bree! "Party near Orn!"

As you're discussing what to do with Gror, there's a few things to keep in mind.

1. The road to Rivendell is a long one, and reaching it may not be as easy as you hope. And even if you find the hidden path, there's no guarantee you will receive the help you look for. If you're wanting the aid of Elrond Halfelven, one of you may want to consider performing the Write a Letter Undertaking this Fellowship Phase.
  2. If you don't trust the Men of Bree to adequately protect Gror in captivity, you may want to turn to the Dunedain for their stealth. The refuge at Girdley Island is still being constructed by Captain Hallas--reminder that if you help them complete it, you get Gandalf the Grey as a patron--but there are other hidden Ranger settlements across Eriador if you would prefer them. The closest ones to Bree are Sarn Ford, the river crossing on the southeastern border of the Shire, and Weathertop, where the Rangers regularly patrol and keep watch over the Lone-Lands.
  3. With Fletcher tapping into the Black Tablet's power, and Gror captured, you no longer can merely pass the open lands of Eriador unnoticed. The Company will henceforth be subject to The Eye of Mordor, a system in LOTR 5e that is an updated version of The Hunt from the Rivendell Region Guide. Long story short, the Enemy is now looking for you, because you have now proven yourselves to be a significant threat to it. Tread carefully when you next venture forth, lest you become revealed and suffer a terrible bout of misfortune, whether violent or otherwise. More on this later (won't be relevant until the next Adventuring Phase).

This aside, it seems like the first stop of the Company is to return to Bree with Tomas, Nick, Gror, and the treasure. If there are no objections, my next post will narrate the return journey and the ending of our third adventure!

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

While I think we should take Gror to Bree and let them decide what to do with him, giving them our recommendation but accepting their decision, I would love to meet Gandalf, so if we can work in the Girdley Island construction, that would be awesome.

I'm good with letting the Men of Bree decide Gror's fate, though Amdiran will argue for him to be paroled to the Rangers for safe-keeping. Amdiran has been to Girdley Island for the last two fellowship phases, so he can help Galian make contact with them (although he also needs to find the owner of the bracers from the previous adventure).

FYI, I will be out of town without my computer starting tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. We're taking my son to Disney World for the first time.

3 hours ago, BobtheWizard said:

For the Fellowship phase, do we split up or stay together?

This is going to be our first Fellowship phase with the new rules from LOTR 5e. This is a Yule Fellowship Phase, meaning you all can actually go to your respective homes, or wherever you may consider "home", instead of sticking together in Bree. I know that hasn't how the last few FPs ran, but you will be given ample time and opportunity here.

For Galian, I'd say she would be able to go to either Rivendell or Lindon, since she's technically banished from Mirkwood.

She has connections (to be determined) in each of her favored lands, so she might spend the winter visiting each of them. She might tag along with Amdiran to Dunedin, or maybe they could both go visit Eletan in Rivendell.