Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Myrkur Shadowscales - Dragonborn ranger, drakewarden

Harding

Myrkur Shadowscales

"If the world must change, it should be the good people that determine the transformation."

297642244_917966405785461_3638058059671353116_n.png.fbee572160e6707b8199ed8a4524b0c2.png

Ranger 3

Medium humanoid male Dragonborn (Ravenite), Chaotic Good

Armor Class

Hit Points
Speed

Senses Dark vision 60ft,

Languages Common, Draconic, Sylvan, Elven, Gnomish

Proficiency Bonus +2

ABILITIES & SKILLS 

Proficiency Bonus: +2

Strength 12 (+1)
Save +3
Athletics +1

Dexterity 16 (+3) 
Save +5
Acrobatics +3 | Sleight of Hand +3 | Stealth +7

Constitution 14 (+2)
Save +2
No skills associated.

Intelligence 10 (+0)
Save +0
Arcana +0 | History +0 | Investigation +0 | Nature +0 | Religion +0

Wisdom 14 (+2)
Save +2
Animal Handling +4 | Insight +2 | Medicine +2 | Perception +4 Survival +4

Charisma 10 (+0) 
Save +0
Deception + | Intimidation +0 | Performance +0 | Persuasion +0

SUPERNATURAL GIFT
Fatetouched

PROFICIENCIES & ABILITIES

PROFICIENCIES

• Tools
  • Instruments Pan flute
  • Weapons All simple and Martial weapons
  • Armors Light armors, Medium armors, Shields

RANGER CLASS ABILITIES
Deft Explorer (Stealth expertise), Favored Foe, Fighting Style (Archery), Spellcasting, Primeval Awareness, Ranger Conclave (Drakewarden), Draconic Gift, Drake Companion

RACIAL TRAITS
Draconic Ancestry (Black), Breath weapon (acid line), Darkvision, Vengeful Assault

FEATS
None yet

WEAPONS

WEAPONS

• x2 shortsword | +5 attack bonus | 1d6 +3 Piercing damage | Finesse
  • Longbow+7 attack bonus | 1d8+5 Piercing damage | Ammunition, Heavy, Range, Two-Handed | Range: 150/600
  • Dagger +5 attack bonus| 1d6 +3 Piercing damage | Finesse, Light, Range, Thrown | Range: 20/60
  • Handaxe +3 attack bonus| 1d6+1 Slashing damage | Light, Range, Thrown | Range: 20/60

SPELLS (RANGER)

SPELL SLOTS

• Spell Save DC: 12 | Spell Attack Mod: +4 | Spells Known: 3 (+ speak with animals)

FIRST LEVEL

Speak with animals (Primal Awareness), Hunter's mark, Entangle, Absorb elements

SECOND LEVEL

THIRD LEVEL

EQUIPMENT & ENCUMBERANCE

TOTAL ENCUMBERANCE ( lbs.)

• Weight:
  • Penalty:

MONEY POUCH ( lbs.)

Copper: 0 | Silver: 151 | Platinum: 0

EQUIPEMENT READIED ( lbs.)

Equipped items can be retrieved with a manipulate item interaction.

• Armor ( lbs.) Studded leather, traveler's clothes
  • Weapons ( lbs.) Longbow, Two shortswords, Dagger, Handaxe
  • Readied Items ( lbs.) Backpack, Tinderbox, Pan flute, Pouch, 40 arrows, Healer's kit

EQUIPMENT STORED ( lbs.)

Stored items can be retrieved with an action.

• In Backpack ( lbs.) Mess kit, 10 Torches, 10 days of rations, Tiny unfurnished dollhouse sized for a pixie child, Tiny book of fairytales, Music box that plays a sprightly tune you remember from your childhood, Fishing tackle, 5 vials
  • Strapped to Backpack ( lbs.) Bedroll, Waterskin, 50ft hemp rope

EQUIPMENT NOT CARRIED (--)

• At Home

MAGIC ITEMS

NON-ATTUNED

Moon shortsword

ATTUNED (3/3)

Bracers of archery

APPEARANCE

Age 17 | Height 6' 7" | Weight 230 lbs. | Scales Dark grey, matte| Eyes Shiny blue

BACKGROUND

Feylost
Source The Wild Beyond the Witchlight

• Personality Traits: Wherever I go, I try to bring a little of the warmth and tranquility of home with me.
  • Ideals:  - Empathy. No creature should be made to suffer. (Good)

- Wanderlust. I prefer to take the less traveled path. (Chaotic)

• Bonds:  - A trusted friend is the most important thing in the multiverse to me.
  • Flaws:  - Now that I’ve returned to the world, I enjoy its delights a little too much.

Background Feature: Feywild Connection, Feywild Visitor (Faerie Dragon)

BACKSTORY

Myrkur had a very unusual childhood as a Dragonborn growing in the Feywild, under the care of a human ranger named Artio Swordwraith, a old hero who would have enjoyed retirement if it wasn't of a rebellion who started to counter the Tyranny of Dragons.  He was brought there when he was still an infant, and doesn't remember anything of the material plane nor of his own parents.  But the ranger told him that his father, Morkar Shadowscale, was a general  who served the dragons but turned coat to help the other races rebel against their oppressor to gain their freedom.  Artio was a good friend of Morkar, as the Dragonborn general fought side to side with him and saved his life the time he was captured by their enemy, to be tortured and executed as an example.  So times later, Morkar asked the ranger to take his child, to hide him and protect him against the retaliation of their enemies.  So, he fled with Myrkur to the relatively safest place he knew: the Feywild.

The plane was relatively safe, as the ranger had many allies in this place, namely the Lord of Summer, an Eladrin who ascended to the height of Archfey thanks to Artio's help at overthrowing the cruel one who had the power and title before.  Under his protection, they were free to stay at his palace and his realm if they promised to respect the creatures there.  Myrkur was regularly playing with Feys and Satyrs, and the ranger taught him his craft in the weird and alien landscapes of the Feywild.  Years passed, and Artio was becoming quite fatherly to the young Dragonborn, but a hint of shame was on his face every time he was observing the young one playing or training.

The young Dragonborn eventually became an adult, faster than a human could become one.  He was now roaming the wild with ease and became an expert in archery and wise enough to deal with the dangers of the wild alone.  He was more than often outside to hunt, leaving the ranger at the place of the old age, making it more difficult each time he was following the young one.  In fact, his health was becoming more and more worse as time was passing, something that no creature or the plane could even fathom.  He was mortal after all...

The day came as the ranger was on the verge of death, having barely enough strength to talk.  But he gathered his last strength to admit to Myrkur that he did something very selfish and was asking the young Dragonborn to forgive him for this: He wasn't supposed to keep him there for that long.  But he came to love him as a son, and he didn't want him to go back to the material plane, but instead remained in the Feywild peacefully and forgot about the turmoils and wars of the material plane.  He wanted the Dragonborn to continue to live happily.  The revelation shocked Myrkur, and even angered him... but he understood the ranger.  He told him that he forgave him, and with tears under his eyes and a slight smile on his face, the old man died peacefully.

Some days later, the Lord of Summer summoned the Dragonborn for a task he needed him to do for him.  He asked him to deliver a gift for the newly wed Archfey from the realm who bordered him, the Lady of Blossoming Roses.  The gift was a crystal like rose, shining like a kaleidoscope under the light and possessing magical qualities.  The young ranger accepted of course and set course into the wild without much delay.  During his travels, he heard some strange sound, like a baby creature crying from pain.  He decided to investigate, and discovered a Redcap who planted needles in the wings of Faery Dragon to hold him on a tree, with a small bag on the head. The redcap was sharpening a hooked blade with a clear sadistic look on his face - he was about to carve the creature and kill it slowly.  Myrkur knew that it was a dangerous foe and should be tackled with extreme prudence.  He summoned the power of the wild to capture the creature with growing plants and vines, and then rained many arrows on him from the safety of a tree, hidden.  Then, after he killed the redcap (which took him no less than 8 arrows), he liberated the pinned creature.

The Faerie Dragon was too wounded to fly and too hungry to even move properly.  So, the young ranger decided to take care of it until he his strength come back.  He transported him into his pouch, feeding him free meat he was hunting during his travel.  Two days later, he finally arrived at the Lady of Blossoming Roses and delivered his gift to her.  Then, the Faerie Dragon got out of his pouch and shown that he could actually talk.  He told the Lady how Myrkur saved his life and that she should give him a reward for his good deed.  The Lady approached the young Dragonborn, and gave him a gentle caress on the head while she was chanting a powerful spell.  Myrkur and the Faerie Dragon started to glow, and their soul intertwined together.  The Faerie Dragon name Xurruky became his magical companion.

Some more years passed, and Myrkur was adapting to the life without his adoptive father, thank to the good company of Xurruky.  But the last two months, his dreams were plagued by the same and cryptic nightmare about a massive and horrific beast of muscle, fangs, claws, and steel hunting who his hunting him.  And every time he's about to deal the killing blow, it woken him up.  But the last time it happened, as he was about to get killed by the creature, the sky split open, and a ray of light splitting the darkness vaporized the beast that has tormented your dreams for the last two months. The silhouette of a person was seen between the rays of light so bright that Myrkur could not make out much more than that. "You must find me before this becomes a reality." The man said in a voice so strained that they were barely recognizable as words as all. "The Serene turns to Smolder and the World to ruin. I am trapped, Halaea.." The man's voice faltered and a long pause was followed by the ash clouds beginning to overtake the man and his light.

From where the man floated he was replaced with a blazing yellow eye whose mere gaze seemed to sear Myrkur skin. The next words were what shocked him back to the conscious world, sending a shiver up his spine and cold sweats across his body.  He didn't know what was the Serene, nor Halaea, but this dream was so vivid and he decided to seek counsels with the Archfey.  The Lord of Summer said to him that those events would happen in the material plane - the plane of mortals - and there was no business of the Feywild and their inhabitants.  But the Dragonborn insisted that it looked very important and that he was somehow intertwined with the events to come there, and the Archfey explained to him that he could give him the means to get back to his native plane, but doing so would probably be a one way trip and that he would have to be adamant about his decision to get involved with the fate of the other world.

Myrkur took another day to think about this, but felt from the bottom of his heart that without his involvement, it would seal the fate of the plane he was coming from.  He announced his decision to the Archfey, and he pointed him in the direction of a lost portal on his realm, and gave him his blessing to use it.  He made his way to the indicated place, and his Dragon Faerie was the one who tried to pass the gate, but the magical energy rejected his attempt.  Myrkur and Xurruky understood that he wasn't allowed to leave the Feywild, so they said goodbye to each other, and the heart heavy, the Dragonborn ranger passed the gate, alone.

He arrived on the other side in a vast forest, extremely lost.  Strange thing, despite not being physically with him, he sensed that his companion was still linked to his soul.  Using his willpower, he tried to call him to the other side, but at his surprise, a Drake appeared instead of his friend.  And an even bigger surprise, his friend spoke to him mentally ''While I'm not authorized to leave the plane physically, our soul are still bound together.  This... thing is a primitive manifestation of my form, at least, spiritually speaking.  I don't know the mumbo jumbo around that phenomenon, but it seems that even if I'm still in the Feywild, I can still somehow manifest myself through you... though... that thing.''

Accepting the explanation and actually relieved that he and his friend still somehow have their bond, he strolled his way out of the forest to discover a world that his far different than the one described by his adoptive father and mentor... He steeled himself and decided to go to the city that he was seeing on the horizon, in hope of finding information about ''where the hell is Halaea''...

Edited by Harding (see edit history)
Name
Ability score
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 6,2,6,1,5,5,3,1,1,2,1,2,4,3,3,3,5,1,5,2,6,5,2,3

@TheWordWeaver

I think that Myrkur is completed mechanically except for encumbrance, which I'm too lazy to calculate today.  The most important stuffs are filled out, and I added a complete and laborious backstory (sorry about the length - that what is happening when I'm ''into the zone'').

Thanks for the opportunity to apply, and I hope it is up to your standard for your game! 🙂

For the magic items, my request are the pipe of haunting, quiver of efficiency or the bracers of archery as the uncommon items.

For the common item, a moontouched shortsword or a lantern of tracking (Fey)

All those gifted my the Lord of Summer before passing the portal back to the material plane.

On 3/5/2023 at 9:23 AM, Harding said:

@TheWordWeaver

I think that Myrkur is completed mechanically except for encumbrance, which I'm too lazy to calculate today.  The most important stuffs are filled out, and I added a complete and laborious backstory (sorry about the length - that what is happening when I'm ''into the zone'').

Thanks for the opportunity to apply, and I hope it is up to your standard for your game! 🙂

I thought I replied to this but I guess the message never sent 😅 Myrkur looks good, no worries on the length I love seeing what you players come up with. Gives me ideas!

No no no thank you! I will mark Myrkur as completed and look over your uncommon items in the morning getting late for myself over here!

7 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

I thought I replied to this but I guess the message never sent 😅 Myrkur looks good, no worries on the length I love seeing what you players come up with. Gives me ideas!

No no no thank you! I will mark Myrkur as completed and look over your uncommon items in the morning getting late for myself over here!

Cool, no worrie about the unsent message.  I think they are doing server tests and sometimes, posts are failing to process completely because of it.  I worked as a IT, so I understand completely 😛

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Harding said:

Cool, no worrie about the unsent message.  I think they are doing server tests and sometimes, posts are failing to process completely because of it.  I worked as a IT, so I understand completely 😛

Haha same here sorry for the delay common items don't need approval so whichever you feel is more appropriate. 

As for the Uncommon items, The Quiver and Bracers are approved.